Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
I am 56 years old male, I have gout - 9% and high pressure (taking zilos-50) pl. Inform any medicine?
In2003 may I was a smoker I got a attack and went for angiography.my report was non critical cad lcx50% om 100% lvef45%. Since then I have stopped smoking and taking regular medicines. Now I am taking nebicard2.5 and ecospirin av 75.my last report is tmt -ve8.3 Mets echo n hb 15.1 FBS99 rft n tc 197 hdl 38 ldl 133 th 143 . For how long I have to take medicines. Can I stop it
What are the symptoms of cardiac arrest I personally feel that I am getting chest pain and from left side of the chest some pain is there like needles piercing at near by heart is this a symptom?
My Cardiologist has advised not to take any greasy, oily stuff in the food, but you advise the other way for the Ghee. I have two stents installed in my arteries and doing pretty well. I am overwhelmed with bewilderment and stunned. Do you have clinical proofs to assert your observations? Like researcher. Have found out etc etc or as Several researches indicate that these fatty acids have the ability to burn calories and bringing about weight loss. While decreasing hunger, they are also responsible for oxidation of fats that get accumulated in your body.
My husband is 33 years old. Recently he had a total cholesterol test. It was 260mm/hg. What should be done now. I m worried.
My age is 24 and my weight is 39.5. I am a female. My thyroid level is 7.2 can I have been using thyronorm 25mcg. But I feel palpitations in my heart.
My Dear Doctors, Please I'm in a confused state of mind. Please tell me clearly. If one's weight is lost due to chronic anxiety or confusion or stress or depression, it will affect fat metabolism. So which cholesterol will increase and which cholesterol will decrease? HDL and LDL. If you clear my doubt, definitely I can focus on my work in a perfect manner.
Today I came to know I am having 220 mg/dl cholesterol in my blood. What should I do to keep it normal. What is the optimum cholesterol level as per my age.
I am 37 years old, 75 kg weight, 6 feet height. My cholesterol level is 234, triglycerides are in control. Also sugar is 119. Please suggest what should I do. I don't get much time for brisk walk or exercise due to hectic office schedule.
My ecg in short pr interval 108. Pain in left chest. Any problem short pr interval for heart Acidity.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 3 weeks I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done?
I am a student . I sit 10 hours a day . I do not walk more than 400 mtr a day . From last month I am facing acidity problem due to this I have pain in my chest above heart and in upper back. 15 days left of my exam what should I do. Please assist me . Thank you.
My body is very bumble and I have cholesterol and thyroid. So I am very afraid for heart attack. How to avoid this and What is the first aid of heart attack?
I have pain in chest region and pain is acute n unbearable. It happens mostly in stress ,increased workload, cold.I m asthmatic too. I am 51 years old. Pain persist for long. N I could nt work at all.
The heart is a muscular organ that helps to pump blood through the circulatory system by periodic contractions and relaxations. The heart is one of the most important organs of the body so much so that a single cardiac arrest or a heart attack can lead to fatal consequences. Even so, a heart attack is one of the most leading causes of death in the country. But there are some earlier symptoms that could alert you ahead of time. The following are signs of an unhealthy heart:
1. Sexual problems - Erectile dysfunction (ED) is one of the most predictable reasons for cardiovascular conditions. Today, patients who are diagnosed with ED are also considered as cardiovascular patients. This is because the heart is supposedly not able to pump enough blood to the genital area. In case of women, reduced blood flow can hamper arousal and delay orgasms.
2. Snoring and sleep apnea - If one snores loudly enough to prevent their partner's from sleeping or resort to using earplugs, one may be at a risk of having a weak heart. Restricted breathing during sleep is connected with a host of cardiovascular diseases. Sleep apnea, a condition where breathing stops for a brief span of time, is linked with higher cardiovascular risks.
3. Swollen, sore and bleeding gums - Swollen and bleeding gums are not only symptoms of dental conditions but also of cardiovascular difficulties. Medical experts believe poor circulation of blood arises due to underlying heart conditions. Recent studies are focusing on bacteria that are believed to cause gum disease as well as plaque inside the arteries of the heart.
4. Heart Arrhythmia - Irregular heartbeat or heart arrhythmia is a common sign of a weak heart. It is characterized by both fast and slow beating of the heart. Restricted blood flow to the heart strains the electrical signals that maintain the normal beating of the heart. This is one of the common causes of coronary artery diseases.
5. Chest pain - One of the most apparent signs of coronary artery diseases is chest pain. The cause of the sharp, clutching pain in your chest can be build-up of plaque in the arteries, which could lead to fatal consequences.