Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SreekumarYour feedback matters!
I am 65 years old and my teeth have become very very sensitive to hot and cold waters. Very often it starts paining after taking hot.
I have a bad breath. Stinks a lot wot should I do can't even talk to people. Even I du brush my teeth daily. Wot shud I du.?
From last 12 years by playing cricket, I have one teeth half broken and almost it is dead I mean it completely became black color but I am not having any kind of pain. I want to replace this with a new one with permanent fixed way, I don't want to remove and fix every day, week or month. Kindly suggest me what I need to do for good treatment and also what it will be for this treatment. Thank you,
Maintaining good oral hygiene is the key for enhanced gum and dental health. Tooth erosion is characterised by decay of the outer and inner parts of the teeth. It occurs when certain sugar containing foods such as milk, candy and cakes leave behind residual quantities, thus causing small food particles to get stuck to and remain in the teeth. These are then digested by the bacteria in the mouth and converted to acids. The acids in combination with saliva form a layer called plaque that causes tooth erosion.
To prevent tooth erosion, you can employ these simple methods:
- Regular flossing: Flossing is an often neglected aspect of dental hygiene. Flossing helps in removing food residues stuck between the teeth that your toothbrush cannot clean. Use proper technique while flossing as improper technique can damage your gums.
- Brushing twice a day: You should brush at least twice a day with toothpaste that contains fluoride. If possible, brush regularly after eating a meal.
- Eat well balanced meals: Eat well balanced meals for your gums to receive proper nourishment. Include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet as they are rich in antioxidants and vitamins. These antioxidants and vitamins help maintain overall gum and dental health.
- Fluoridated water: Drink fluoridated water, as it helps in preventing tooth erosion.
- Use Mouthwash regularly: Use an antiseptic mouthwash to keep your mouth bacteria free. Bacteria in your mouth can lead to rapid tooth erosion.
- Rinse your mouth: Rinse your mouth with water after every meal. Rinsing helps in removing food particles from your mouth that may contribute to tooth erosion.
- Avoid junk food: Avoid snacking on junk foods as they contain hidden sugars that can increase your risks of tooth erosion. Avoid sugar based drinks as they can harm your teeth and cause cavities.
- Dental sealants: A sealant is a coating that is applied on the tooth to prevent it from getting affected by plaque. They usually last for 8-10 years after which they need to be replaced.
- Visit the dentist regularly: Visit the dentist on a regular basis for check-ups as any underlying issue that can create potential problems in the future may need to be resolved.
I do get mouth ulcer due to that I am not able to eat and my skin is also getting dull. Please help.
Iam 23 years old, I have a bad breath and permanent cold for almost 3years. What are the remedies should I follow?
Filling has been done in my teeth today to prevent cavity. What are the further precautions which I should take?
I have mouth ulcers very often they hurt badly but if one goes away then the second comes as soon as possible and they all hurt and right now I have 3 mouth ulcers and 4th one is coming I'm afraid if I have a mouth cancer or not. Is it true that I have mouth cancer or it's something else? Please help me.
I am having mouth ulcers frequently and are painful at times and irritating other times. I am taking lactobasil plus sachets and becasul plus. But results are not coming Pls advise.
What is the reason behind thirst at night after drinking alcohol. When I consume alcohol I need water at night.Please tell sir.
She's having swelling on gum. Suffering from Itching and sourness on gum, teeth, uper area of mouth, tongue. Generally it occurs on evening time but at night it is less. One year past she had some blisters on Tongue. And during that she eat few fried chilli. She thought it is the cause she is suffering now. Before two month she had some synonyms of pulling tongue inside but now it's less now, but sourness, Itching and swelling are present. From morning time it starts lightly and then from evening it became unbearable between 5-8 pm and then it became less with sourness on Tongue. Also there is a pile of gum is out behind teeth and while drinking eating it pains.
I am suffer dental problem for 6 months and have tried all type tooth past and advice but not given any solution to me. Please sir, do you give any suggestion for my dental problem?
Many adults suffer from Periodontal disease, which may result in slight swelling of the gums or something more severe as grave damage to the bone and tissue, which holds on to the teeth. After the onset of Periodontal disease, dental care is essential as it will determine the progress of the condition.
What are some of the causes of Periodontal disease?
1. Smoking is one of the main causes of gum diseases. Moreover, it also reduces chances of effective treatment.
2. Hormonal changes in women make the gums increasingly sensitive; as a result they become more susceptible to the onset of gingivitis.
3. Diabetic patients are more likely to develop infection of the gums.
4. The ongoing treatment for serious medical conditions like AIDs and cancer can also cause Periodontal Disease.
5. Genetics also plays an essential role in the onset of gums diseases.
What are the symptoms of Periodontal disease?
1. Persistent foul breath
2. Red inflamed gums
3. Tender gums with some amount of bleeding
4. A sensation of pain while chewing food
5. Loose teeth
6. Teeth sensitivity
In case these symptoms are experienced, a dentist should be immediately consulted.
How is Periodontal disease treated?
1. The most effective way of treating Periodontal disease, is by controlling the progression of the condition. The type of treatment generally depends on the extent of the disease.
2. Generally the doctor begins treatment by cleaning out the plaque, through a process called scaling and root planing. Scaling gets rid of the tartar from the gums and root planing removes rough spots from the root of the tooth, where bacteria generally accumulate and breed. Sometimes, a laser is also used for the same.
3. After the cleaning is done, certain medicines are recommended and the doctor recommends strict oral care.
4. If the diseases continue to worsen, a surgical treatment may be recommended.
5. Some surgical treatments include flap surgery and bone and tissue grafts.