Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. SreedeviYour feedback matters!
I have problem with my mouth When I rise up from sleep a bad smell produce. It also happen other times not only after sleeping So how can I solve it Pls help me.
Dental implants are a type of a treatment that is carried out to replace missing teeth. During the process of extracting a damaged tooth, the root and the crown are removed. So, a dental implant involves placing a tooth on a precise titanium insert which is surgically placed on the jawbone. These supporting inserts are placed in the jawbone because they fuse with the jawbone (similar to orthopedic plates) and thus provide a strong foundation for the replacement teeth.
Why tooth loss matters?
A missing tooth or teeth can not only take away from the beauty of your smile, but tooth loss can also have many negative effects on your oral health, including:
- Bone loss
- Shifting and drifting teeth
- Bite changes
- Chewing difficulty
- Wearing down of remaining teeth
- Changes in the jaw joint
Types of implant placement
Whether an implant is placed immediately or in 2 phases depends on a variety of factors like bone density,initial fit of the implant during surgery,the other teeth,area of jaw,loads received during chewing etc.
Dental implant placement can be of two types
- Immediate single stage placement: In this type we place an implant and give you at least a temporary crown immediately,followed by a permanent crown shortly thereafter.
- Delayed (2 stage) Implants: Such a placement is usually to safeguard the implant from any early forces when its just healing and fusing within the bone.After the placement the implant is kept covered below the gum for 3 months and uncovered after this period to give you a permanent crown.
Now that you know about the different types, it is time to move on to the benefits of getting these.
- Long lasting: Compared to other treatments such as tooth bridges which last for 5-10 years, dental implants can last for an entire lifetime if maintained properly.The only part to replace is the crown.
- Mimicking natural teeth: Your replacement teeth will feel similar to your actual teeth, so you do not need to worry about your self-image issues. Flash that wonderful smile of yours without thinking over it the second time.
- Preserve surrounding teeth: When an implant is inserted in place of a missing tooth, adjacent healthy teeth are not damaged.
- Comfort: Dental implants being a fixed replacement they have none of the problems that removable dentures or other substitutes may cause.Patients who replace all of their teeth with dental implants can feel more comfortable talking, smiling and eating.
There are some marks or cuts in my middle of my tongue and it is paining since 4 days. When I eat any thing I started paining. What should I do.
My son is 2 years old. His is very weak and his teeth are becoming black and getting cavities. Also he is not eating anything means not getting hungry. But he is quite active. Please let me know what may be the reason?
I am 27 weeks pregnant for a mucoid discharge I am on progesteron 100mg bid,& devudilan 10mg/day from 10 days, now i am alright but suffering from sensitive and swollen gums from 2 days is it due to the effect of medicine? shall I continue them or stop? still 5 days course remaining.
Mera 3days se left side corner ka teeth bohut pain kar raha hain naya teeth nikalne mai kitna din lagta hain 3days ho chuka or kitna din?
Can braces move lower jaw forward I thought they only move teeth. They have given me rubber bands to wear.
Hello doctor my self anamika Choudhary I am 28 year old married woman I have yellowness in my teeth last one months what should I do please tell me doctor.
Hello, doctor I am mayank age 20 since 2 days my tooth is paining very much when I eat or drink something it start paining and I am an able to eat ice cream please suggest me something?
I have a pyria in my teeth How much I safe this? And what a precautions for this? please suggest me and I will wait your answer.
Sir, I have undergone dental replacement with brige cera, mic fixure in the upper and lower jaws. The lower jaw replaced ceramic teech is very good while the upper jaw teeth has fallendown and I could not get the denture fixed again and thereby I am not able to chew and when consulted a dentist he roped it with a removable teeth. But, I am not at all comfortable as it fells down every time when I chew. I am at a dilama what to do and please let me know whether there is any way to keep the teeth fixed not with ceramic but with fancy teeth and take my meals without any disturbance. Please find me a way.
My teeth is so bad for long year I did use many things like salt and lemon and many even I had clean 2 times but still any change.
Myth # 2 - Bad Breath means you are a Bad Brusher - Bad oral hygiene is one of the causes for Bad Breath other causes include Indigestion,Dry Mouth,Lack of Salivation,Sinusitis and post nasal Drip &Uncontrolled diabetes
Myth # 3 - Regular use of mouth wash is good for oral hygiene - fact is mouth washes are good for maintenance of oral hygiene but only when it is indicated and prescribed by your dentist.
Myth # 4 - Scaling and polishing will lead to spaces in between the teeth - the fact is after removal of calculus one starts feeling the gaps in between the teeth which were occupied by it.One need to start taking care from beginning so that they do not come across a situation where they have lots of calculus in between the teeth which lead to gum recession and spacing between the teeth.
Myth # 5 - Brushing with hard toothbrush will clean teeth more effectively - In fact bristles of hard toothbrush do not reach the crevices of the teeth and one need to apply more pressure. In the process all stress is borne by enamel and it starts wearing off.