Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SravanthiYour feedback matters!
I am brushing 2 times in a day. And teeth clean 6 months ago through an dentist. But my mouth air always not good smell. Please help me :(
My mouth has come. I mean I have redness in my whole mouth and can't eat properly. What should I do?
I have swelling at the end of the right side of my lower gum for about a week. I think it may be due to the growing of my wisdom tooth. Should I b concerned.
I am 23. And suffering from ulcer. I had consulted a doctor and he advised to keep a diet plan. Food control is impossible for me. What should I do.
When I eat something cool like Like ice cream my teeth will pain and it's happing sometime so what am I do for this?
I have a bad breadth problem from my childhood, now my confidence is very low, as I am not as able to speak in public, and after eating anything or by just heaving tea it smells very bad, I have tried all types of toothpaste & toothbrush and even mouth fresheners but it's not working for me, pls anyone who can help me.
There are white patches on my tongue. I am 21 years old and these patches are there from last 5 years. It used to hurt when I observed this but after that there was no pain. Now i feel my tongue as normal but these patches are still present. Is this something serious ?
I am 27 yr old male having severe pirea problem and with bad breath also. Please help doctor I have already gone or cleaning if teeth twice but it again come back to same condition.
Diabetes is a degenerative disease, which affects your metabolism. As a result of metabolic irregularities, every part of the body is affected. The following are early indications of untreated diabetes:
- Increased thirst
- Increased urination
- Increased hunger
In addition to the ones above, the following are associated symptoms:
- Blurred vision
- Slow healing of cuts
- Itchy skin
How can diabetes affect your mouth?
- Diabetes increases the risk of infections and delayed regeneration of damaged/dead cells. As a result, fungal infections like thrush may develop in your mouth.
- Because of poor healing of wounds as a result of diabetes, extensive gum damage may occur.
- Periodontitis is a severe effect of diabetes in which your gums begin to move away from your teeth, leading to a formation of pockets between your gums and teeth, which fill up with pus and germs. The damage can be stopped only with gum surgery and removal of affected teeth.
The single most effective way to prevent damage to your teeth is to actively control blood sugar content by regularly taking medicines and following a healthy diet recommended by your doctor. Common methods of dental protection go a long way to help prevent oral problems because of diabetes. These include:
- Brush thoroughly and carefully after every meal (wait 30 minutes for food acids to neutralize, and then brush as this helps in effective cleaning)
- Use non-alcoholic mouthwash to treat dry mouth and disinfect the oral cavity
- Floss at least once everyday
- Use a soft bristled toothbrush
- Remove your dentures and clean them regularly. Do not sleep putting them on
- Quit smoking, chewing tobacco and chewing gums with sugar in them