Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sowmya Ramanan. V
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sowmya Ramanan. VYour feedback matters!
Which type if treatment should dark skin people should use for getting a white skin please give some detail?
My skin is getting rough and climate change so that removes after giving me scares and soft skin with hair also Protect the black hair?
I am 19 years old. Last time I was physically intimate with my boyfriend. Then he feels that I have a tumor in my breast. He says I think you r suffering from breast tumor so please consult with a doctor.
Irregular menstrual cycle, facial hair growth ,obesity, skin discoloration. Please advise me for medicine. My age is 36 year.
Hello any ayurvedic cream for fairness Cream for dry skin or any Patanjali products for fairness Cream but it should be effective thanks.
I have uneven skin tone. Kindly tell me how make it unitone.the t zone on my face is very oily and dark
Hi I'm 12 years old and I generally use western dresses ,please Dr. Don't mind let me Frank with you as I with my mom. I have a question. Actually I was not using underwear yet from childhood. I was start using under wear (panty) from last 14 days. After 2 days of start wearing underwear I start feeling a mild itching around my vagina and after 7 days there is too much redness and itching comes around my vagina and my bottom hole. After that I change the fabric and brand of panty but the problem is as it is and increasing day by day. When I show it to my mom, my mom say that sleep naked for some days, I do that for 3 days but it doesn't work. My regularly wash my pubic regions with antiseptic liquid and water. The itching around my bottom hole is disturbing me too much in my daily activities. 1. What type of problem is it? 2. Should I leave using underwear? 3. Is it the symptoms of puberty or being asexually mature? 4. My skin around vagina and my bottom hole is more sensitive than others? 5. Will I have to avoid panty for whole life?
The mild acidic property present in potatoes is a great natural bleaching agent. Unlike strong bleaching agents, it will not cause skin irritation.
Simply rub a thin slice of potato on your underarms.
You can also grate the potato and apply the juice to the affected area, allow it to dry for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Use either of these remedies twice daily for better and faster results.
Just like potatoes, cucumbers also have natural bleaching properties to help lighten discolored skin.
Simply rub a thin cucumber slice on your underarms or grate a cucumber and apply the juice under your arms. Do this once or twice daily until you are satisfied with the results.
Another option is to extract the juice from a cucumber and mix it with a little turmeric powder and lemon juice. Apply this paste on the affected area. Leave it on for 30 minutes, and then wash it off with water. Repeat this home remedy once daily or every other day for best results.
Lemon works as a natural bleach and a powerful antibacterial and antiseptic agent. This is why lemon is used in the treatment of various skin-related problems including dark underarms. Lemon can dry out your skin, so apply a moisturizer after using these remedies if needed.
To remove dead skin cells and lighten your underarms, rub a lemon wedge on the skin for a few minutes. Leave the juice on your skin for about 10 minutes and then wash the area thoroughly. For better exfoliation, you can sprinkle a little sugar on the lemon wedge and then use it. Do this a few times a week.
Another option is to mix a little turmeric powder, honey or plain yogurt in some lemon juice and apply it to your underarms. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and then wash it off. Repeat three or four times a week.
4. Baking Soda
Baking soda can be used to make an exfoliating scrub to get rid of dark underarms. This will help remove dead skin cells, which is one of the main causes of dark underarms. It will also help unclog skin pores.
Mix baking soda and water to make a thick paste.
Use this paste to scrub your underarms.
Wash it off and pat dry the area thoroughly.
Repeat a few times a week.
You can also apply a light dusting of equal parts of baking soda and cornstarch to neutralize body odor.
5. Orange Peel
Orange peels can be used to lighten the skin under your arms, thanks to their skin lightening and exfoliating properties.
Put some orange peels in the sun for a few days until they dry out completely.
Grind the dried peels into powder form.
Mix two teaspoons of powdered orange peels with enough rose water and milk to make a thick paste.
Gently scrub your underarms with the paste and then leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Finally, wash the area with cold water.
Repeat the process two or three times a week.
6. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is another good option to get rid of dark underarms. Coconut oil contains vitamin E that can help lighten the underarms. At the same time, it will also work as an effective natural deodorant.
Massage the dark underarms with coconut oil.
Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
Wash it off with mild soap and lukewarm water.
Repeat two or three times daily until you achieve the desired results.
Some women look atleast a decade younger than the age mentioned on their passports. For most of these women this is the result of anti-aging creams and serums. There are dozens of anti-aging products available today. The tough part is finding the right product for you.
Here are a few tips to help you make the right choice
- Start with the Basics: Dehydrated skin and sun exposure are the primary triggers for wrinkles, sun spots and fine lines. To prevent this, start by picking a good sunscreen. When picking your sunscreen look for one that offers an SPF of 30 or more, water resistance and protection against both UVA and UVB rays. If you have sensitive skin, avoid sunscreens with fragrances, harsh chemicals, alcohol and preservatives.
- Understand your Primary Concern: No one product can address all signs of aging. At the same time, using multiple products can do more harm than good. Infact, it can make you look older. Hence, it is important to take an honest look at the mirror and identify your main concerns. Pick a single anti-aging product that addresses this issue.
- Pick a Retinoid Based Cream: Retinoids are the best way to fight signs of aging like fine lines, larger pores and dark spots. Choose between a retinol cream and serum depending on your skin. While creams are betters suited for dry skin, a serum works well to treat clogged pores and acne. Eliminate products that have artificial preserves or paraben.
- Read the Label: Take a close look at the label and pick a product that contains anti-oxidants or is hypoallergenic. Also look for vitamins and polypeptides. This can nourish your skin and keep it elastic for longer. Pick products that have the words 'non-comedogenic' on the label. Lastly, look for the consumer hotline number on the product.
- Patch Test: It is impossible to know how a product will react with your skin before using it. Anti-aging products are intended for use on the face but before using it on your face, you must first do a patch test. A patch test involves applying the product on a small patch of skin on the forearm and leaving it for 24 hours. If you do not notice any adverse reaction, only then use it on your face.
- Ask the Dermatologist: Self diagnosis is often not the best step to take. When it comes to skincare, it is always a good idea to consult a dermatologist before using a new product. Find a professional you trust and share your concerns with them so that they can advise you on the product that is most suited to you.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!