Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sowmya GowsamyYour feedback matters!
Which eye drop is best for cataracts in eye? I use ciplox aqau tear. But now company stop manufactured this eye drop. So can you suggest some eye drop related to this.
I have eye sight about 5+ for both eyes and would like to have laser operation? Is it good decision? Or will trouble in future? Need solution please!
I have lot of sneezing & watery eyes with severe sore throat for almost month at start of winter season.
I have some allergy in my eye (called guheri/ anjanyari) in hinder. I faced this problem many time. Please tell me what should I do?
I am 54 year old male. My eyes are watery always. I am in bangalore and I tried several eye drops. I know this is due to some type of allergy. Can you suggest a solution ?
I have conjugated eyes for 3 days. What should I do doctor? Is it very harmful for my eyes? Please suggest me some medicine.
I am suffering from Myopia. I started using spectacles in 2013. Now I want to get rid of my specs. What should be the simple ways for getting rid of specs? And I don't want any kind of eye surgery.
Sir I am use my computer for my personal work and also I am software developer and 12-1 hours sit in front of computer so can you suggest some tips to avoid eye infection?
I have red eye from last 10 days I have not consult any doctor here and I want any solution to it as fast as it will be from you.
Does eye power of 0.5 qualify for eye sight 6/6? What is the meaning of A1 criteria medical in govt. Jobs?
I am 20 years old and I am feeling that my eyesight is becoming weak and headache. I had tried a lot of medicines like the drops and an exercise it gave me a relief for some days but again I felt that my condition is same as previous.
Also known as short-sightedness, myopia is an eye disorder, which disables a person from seeing things clearly from a distance. Myopia impedes one's capability to see distant objects vividly and induces a general sense of blurriness. One of the most common cure for myopic conditions is the constant exposure to concave lenses, which stabilizes the curvature of the refracting surface of the eye, thus improving one's sight. Hence spectacles or contact lenses become the constant companion to a myopic individual. Myopia is often accompanied by sustained headaches and chronic colds.
In fact, under certain circumstances, myopia gets aggravated progressively, which often jeopardizes the health of the eye immensely. In the contemporary situation, where we are persistently exposed to gadgets of all sorts, maintaining the health of our eye becomes a cumbersome task. Periodic monitoring by ophthalmologists is a recommended method.
However, Ayurveda offers some easy and home-based formulae to alleviate the symptoms of myopia:
- Yashti Madhu: A teaspoonful of Yashti Madhu mixed with ghee and honey can prove beneficial to healing myopic conditions.
- Saptamrita Lauha: This medicine comprises of constituents endowed with medicinal properties like triphala, yashtimadhu, lauha bhasma, ghee and honey. It benefits the nervous activities, thereby soothing myopic troubles. It reaps better results when consumed with milk.
- Diet: Myopia is often worsened by a deficiency of vitamins in the body. Therefore increasing the supply of vitamin rich food, enhances the immunity of the body and reduces the strain on the eye caused by myopia. Some of the food items that are replete with vitamins are carrots, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, nuts and berries. Fish is also a very effective source of vitamins and is proven to be helpful to the eye.
- Netra Tarpan: Eye drops have often been effective cure to myopia. Netra Tarpan is an ayurvedic eye drop imbued with healing properties which not only tranquilizes the irritation in the eye, but also improves the vision.
- Lifestyle changes: Executing certain lifestyle changes can result in significant improvement in one's eyesight. Yoga and meditation are known to usher explicit health benefits. Regular sleep is also a prerequisite for curing myopia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.