Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My last period's was on August 24th, now it's November still I didn't get my period's, my urine pregnancy test was negative, what would be the reason still I didn't get my period's? Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Often, as men and women approach their mid life, they face sexual problems. Like other major health problem like cancer, diabetes and heart disease, it is beneficial to seek early treatment for sexual problems. Brushing these issues under the carpet may be harmful as it can undo a good relationship and could bring about discord and resentment in the couple. Often, in our culture, mediation and help is sought from friends and relatives. However, seeking professional help is always better as it is unbiased, scientifically correct and based on objective consideration of the overall problem.
Salads are often a meal option when you want to throw in a whole lot of fresh vegetables and nice dressing to go with it, for a comprehensive meal. It's light and fresh and extremely nutritious. That is what most people think.
However, in some cases, your salad may be doing more harm than good to your health:
- Eating fresh, raw vegetables may be good once in a while, but eating too much of raw veggies make it difficult for your digestive tract to break down and digest. You may start suffering from gas, indigestion or bloating.
- Most people eat salads to lose weight, but this works only according to your body type. There are certain body types for whom too many damp foods like salads, actually causes the body to retain the dampness and thus making it harder to lose weight.
- Avoid those so called 'fat free' salad dressings that have become so popular in the market. Such dressings take the fat out of it and try to replace it with something that is artificial and genetically modified. They also have high level of fructose corn syrup that is extremely damaging by adding to your fat and making you resistant to insulin.
- Avoid vegetables that have been grown with fertilizers and pesticides and opt for organic produce instead. Genetically modified (GMO) crops have been known to be the cause of several chronic diseases and conditions.
- A distinction must be made between healthy and unhealthy fats. Processed oils and refined oils that are added to salads can increase LDL cholesterol and make you prone to coronary heart disease.
- Adding too much protein to your salad can be counterproductive and redundant, exposing you to the risk of cancer.
This however, doesn't mean that you should stay away from your favorite salad, but to be aware of what goes into it and how much. Don't always be fooled by its freshness and pockets of flavor.
I am 30 years old female, my baby got miscarriage for month's pregnancy, after test, we found rubella infection. Now I am trying to get pregnant but it is not happening. Please suggest me, if you want to see my all reports than I will share with you.
I m PCOD patient. . I m taking this medicine since last two years. I want to know dat I will cured ever or not? I have irregular period if I don't take medicine , will I have to take medicine for my whole life? Plzzzzzzzzzz help me doctors plzzzzzzzzzz
If i-pill is taken today after the sex, and within 24 hours again sex is enjoyed, is there a need to take i-pill again? Suppose it is taken again I. E. I-pill consumed twice in less than 36 hours is there any side effects or can it delay menstrual cycle?
Types: fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
Symptoms: usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
Cause: fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the childbearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
Risk: are you at risk? well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
Tests and diagnosis: a pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
Treatment: non steroid, anti-inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours.