Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Soundari. SYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from a shortsighted of -2.how to overcome it. Is there any medicine to cure shortsightedness. Pls help.
I have my eye power -2.75 .can I improve my vision without treatment. I mean with yoga and exercise ?if yes then which yoga's and exercises? And how much time it will take to get rid of glasses. Please reply me as soon as possible. As I hate wearing glasses.
My name is Ankit Pathak. I am going to be 20 years old this January. I was diagnosed with Keratoconus last year around November. My left eye was showing mild corneal bending. So anyway, I got the C3R done from AIIMS after the case in the left eye got a bit advance. Since this Keratoconus affects both the eyes so I began to see the differences in the right eye as well. Now I am really worried as I don't want the right eye to get worse. I am currently working at a place where I need to use computers for 8-9 hours a day. I know you'll suggest me to go for soft or GP lenses but because of the financial problems I can't really go for that. Just want a comment that should I stop using my phone and computers? Does it affect my eye in any way? What about drug abuse? What effect does Cannabis has on this particular condition? PLEASE GUIDE ME I'M REALLY WORRIED.
My friend has squint in both eyes, she wears specs with (-1.25 and -2) & 180° spherical. Doctor suggested to get it (squint) operated. But we consulted other doctor he advised that my friend should go through laser surgery first because squint can reoccur if eyesight is poor and there is no need to get squint operated it will cure automatically by laser operation. Now we are really confused what to do? Kindly suggest us a way out.
Ocular albinism in an inherited condition in which the eyes lack melanin pigment, while the skin and hair show normal or near-normal coloration.
The lack of pigment in the eyes causes various vision problems:
Reduced visual acuity from 20/60 to 20/400 and sometimes as good as 20/25 in African-Americans, Nystagmus - involuntary back-and-forth movement of the eyes, Strabismus - crossed eyes or "lazy" eye, and Sensitivity to bright light and glare.
The reduced visual acuity may result in difficulty in school, such as inability to read what is written on a chalkboard except when very close, and difficulty with ball sports. It may also result in inability to drive.
With ocular albinism, the color of the iris of the eye may vary from blue to green or even brown, and sometimes darkens with age. However, when an eye doctor examines the eye by shining a light from the side of the eye, the light shines back through the iris since very little pigment is present. There may be areas of the iris which have very little pigment.
The main problem with the eye in ocular albinism is in the fovea, small area of the retina which affords acute vision. With ocular albinism, the fovea does not develop completely, presumably because melanin pigment is needed for the growth processes that normally occur before birth. Therefore the eye cannot process sharp light images. Because the fovea does not develop well, it is difficult to correct vision completely with glasses.
Ocular albinism is more severe form of condition than oculo - cutaneous albinism where eyes are mildly affected.
Hlo sir/madam Good evening I am 24 year young girl. I am a mother of 3 months baby boy. I am suffering from black fleckle below my eyes and on the nose. please suggest any solution Thanks.
I have blank eyes over three days what I do for this this question is for earning money on earntalktime.
Sir, when I go to any place. Then My head is pain. All time my headache is pain. Although eye, forehead also headache.
Sometime when I got up from my bed then in front of my eyes I see fully black. Do not know why this happens. Please help me.
Doctor, My left eye is red and watery for 2 days and has swallow up since last night. I am on a medication 1. Mostika (15 times a day) 2. Life ok (4 times a day) 3. ITR (4 times a day). But I am not getting any relief. Kindly help. I am not able to study for exams. I shall be highly obliged.
Eyes are very important organs as they provide you with the ability to process visual detail and detect light. However, because your eyes are exposed to harsh climate and pollutants, they can get spoilt. Here are a few basic tips you can follow to take care of your eyes:
- Eye yoga: Eye Yoga is an ancient method of relaxing your eyes and is also known as “palming”. All you need to do is cup your palms and place them over closed eyes in a way wherein your fingertips are touching your forehead. This helps in blocking out light completely. While cupping your eyes, take long, deep breaths which can help relax your eyes and mind.
- Eat healthy: It is important to eat healthy in order to maintain healthy eyes. Medical practitioners believe that vitamins have anti oxidants which slow down age related problems in the eye. You should be eating foods rich in Vitamin A, C and E, Zinc rich foods and foods with folic acid. Food items such as carrots, lettuce, spinach and kale can help in keeping your eyes healthy for longer.
- Wear dark sunglasses: Every time your eyes are exposed to the sun, they have to tolerate the harmful UV-A and UV-B rays. The ultraviolet rays can prove to be very damaging for your eyes as they affect the optic nerve. Hence, you should always wear dark coloured sunglasses in the sun to protect your eyes.
- Take breaks: Staring at a computer screen or a mobile screen all day can prove to be very harmful to your eyes. According to a study, when you stare a screen for too long, you blink lesser. This can lead to dry eyes.
- Get required rest: It is important to rest your eyes and free them of the strain they endure daily. Hence, you should aim to get at least 6-8 hours of sleep time daily to give them the required rest time.
- Quit smoking: Smoking cigarettes can be harmful for your eyes as it increases chances of macular degeneration and cataracts. Smoking also increases chances of optic nerve damage as it impairs blood circulation to the eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.