Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SoundarajanYour feedback matters!
Vitiligo is a medical condition, which causes the loss of skin color due to loss of pigmentation. This usually occurs in blotches and looks very unsightly. Vitiligo is very unpredictable and can affect any part of your body. In some cases it also affects the inside of the mouth, eyes, and hair. Vitiligo is more noticeable on people with darker skin tone.
Symptoms of Vitiligo:
- Premature graying or whitening of the hair in your eyebrows, eyelashes, scalp, and beard. This usually occurs before the age of 35.
- Skin discoloration can also occur from other parts of the body such as hands, feet, abdomen, neck and other areas.
- Change or loss of the color of the retina (inner layer on the eyeball).
- Discolored patches on and around the navel, rectum and genitals.
What causes vitiligo?
A medical disorder where your immune system destroys and attacks the melanin forming pigments in your skin. This is known as an autoimmune disorder and by far is the most common cause behind vitiligo. An event such as sudden or prolonged stress, sunburn, or being exposed to industrial chemicals. A history of family members or relatives having vitiligo in the past.
Ayurvedic Treatments for Vitiligo:
- Mustard and Turmeric Oil: A paste made with mustard and turmeric oil can be applied on the affected area. This is also good for the skin and reduces vitiligo. Do this at least 2 times a day to reduce the patches considerably.
- Duckweed: This is a type of water plant and is very rich in a mineral called lignin. It is considered a natural treatment for skin disorders and vitiligo. It will also help to restore your natural skin color.
- Sun screen: If you already have vitiligo, exposure in the sun can make it worse, so applying a sunscreen with SPF 30 or above (or an appropriate level of sunscreen protection) can protect your skin from further damage.
- Papaya: This fruit is great for restoring and reviving melanin (responsible for skin pigmentation). Drinking papaya juice or rubbing papaya on the affected area can reduce vitiligo to some extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I have psoriasis last 8 years, I need to cure please help me. Starting it's red color then it's turn into white patches.
I am suffering from hairfall on my scalp. I have tried many medicines for that. But I don't fell any changes in that. So what should I do?
What shampoo should I use to control hair dandruff and hair breaking please suggest me. I am going to marrying.
Some infection happened on my beard and losing my hair& gaps visible clearly is there any cure and medicine?
Hi, I what to ask one question for my wife she have stretch marks on her stomach and she is not pregnant may be she is loss weight now is problem is how remove this stretch marks marks colour is purple. I which one video on youtube on that video showing vicks vaprub for remove stretch marks is this right. Please tell me what we do?
Hi, I'm 26 year old. I was facing itching in my foot from 2 days and unable to sleep whole night. Can you please suggest me how to cure it.
Sir me 3 saal se dandruff shapoo use kr rha hu face pr b laga rha hu but face 3 saal se thk ni ho rha bada ajeeb sa skin ho jate h.shapoo b sb change krke dekh liye sclap, dankare,kent b gel pr koi b shapoo suit ni kr rha h but hair me phelay dandruff tha ab ni h.bada pareshaan kiya h 3 saal se. Plzzzz help me sir.
त्वचा की रंगत को निखारने के लिए हल्दी का प्रयोग सबसे उत्तम तरीका है। पेस्ट बनाने के लिए हल्दी और बेसन या फिर आंटे का प्रयोग करें। हमेशा ध्यान रखें कि आप खड़ी हल्दी का ही प्रयोग करें न कि बाजार में मिलने वाली पैकेट हल्दी। एक मिक्सर में खड़ी हल्दी और थोड़ी सी ताज़ी मलाई डाल कर ब्लेंड करें। जब पेस्ट तैयार हो जाए तब उसमें दूध और आंटा मिलाएं और गाढ़ा पेस्ट बनाएं। इस पेस्ट को अपने चेहरे पर 10 मिनट लगाएं और ठंडे पानी से धो लें।
2. हनी आल्मंड स्क्रब:
बादाम में वह शक्ति है जो आपकी त्वचा का रंग गोरा कर सकती है। रात में 10 बादाम एक पानी भरे कटोरे में डाल कर रख दें और सुबह उठते ही उसे छील कर पेस्ट बना लें। अब इस पेस्ट के साथ थोडा सा शहद मिलाएं और अब इस स्क्रब को अपनी त्वचा पर लगाएं और स्क्रब करें।
गोरी रंगत देने के अलावा यह एलर्जी और पिंपल को भी दूर करता है। पेस्ट बनाने के लिए चंदन पाउडर में 1 चम्मच नींबू और टमाटर का रस मिलाएं और पेस्ट को अपने चेहरे और गदर्न में अच्छी तरह से लगा लें।
यह पेस्ट बनाने के लिए आपको दही और क्रीम में थोड़ा सा केसर मिलाने की जरुरत है। इस पेस्ट को अपने चेहरे पर सूखने तक लगाएं और उसके बाद गरम पानी में सोखे हुए कपड़े से चेहरे को पोंछ लें।
I am 25 year old male. I get large boils on my body which are puss filled and extremely painful. They leave large holes once all the puss is drained out and is healed which takes approximately 5 days. It also leaves the skin around the boil depressed. I have been told that this is an infection and that there is no cure for it.
Cellulitis is an intense and chronic aggravation of the connective tissue of the skin, brought on by infection with a kind of bacteria (staphylococcus, streptococcus or other microbes). Cellulitis often occurs on uncovered areas of the body, for example, the arms, legs, and the face. It is basically characterised by excessive redness, swelling, warmth and pain or pain at even the most delicate touch.
Homeopathic medications are extremely productive in treating cellulitis, although these will have to be prescribed by a doctor only. The medicines work very efficiently by increasing the immunity of the patient along with a decrease in the swelling, pain and burning in cellulitis. Indeed, even in instances of cellulitis with blister formation, homeopathic medications are very effective and are usually administered in small doses of natural elements. Following are some of the homeopathic medications so as to cure cellulitis:
- Belladonna for redness of skin during cellulitis: The Homeopathic cure Belladonna is a normal medicine for cellulitis where the skin is extremely red and swollen giving it a sparkling appearance. Patients that feel excruciating pain even at the slightest touch will also require Belladonna.
- Apis Mellifica for cellulitis during swelling: Apis mellifica is suited for those instances of cellulitis where there is much swelling of the affected zone along with a burning and stinging pain. Apis mellifica helps those cases of cellulitis in which the smouldering pain is relieved by applying something cool over the skin and the pain that quickly spreads over various parts of the body.
- Ledum Palsture for cellulitis due to insect bites: The Homeopathic solution Ledum palustre holds a very effective reputation in treating those instances of cellulitis that occur because of bug bites. This common homeopathic solution is used as a part of cellulitis when there is a cold sensation in the affected area with tearing pain.
- Pyrogenium for septicaemia in cellulitis: Pyrogenium is a well-known solution for treating this condition. It is used for a number of symptoms. This could include a fever with the body temperature being 103 to 106 degrees. It rises rapidly with an unusually fast heartbeat and restlessness.
- Calendula Officinalis in Post-surgical cellulitis: Without a doubt, the best homeopathic solution for cellulitis that has come after surgical cuts is Calendula officinalis. This prescription acts productively as a corrective as well as a preventive measure for pus formation on the skin after the surgery.
- Silicea for treating cellulitis when blisters show up on the skin: The homeopathic cure Silicea gives great results when blisters or sores are shaped on the skin in extreme cellulitis cases. These blisters are usually filled with pus, which is quite harmful if the blister bursts. Silicea is also used when there is fever with chills and perspiration. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I have been suffering From black spots on my nose and near eyes my skin has uneven tone on face I applied several ayurvedic packs but all in vain can you pls suggest some creams or ointment to get rid of these spots and uneven tone I m ready for prolonged treatment once if I get rid of these please help I m 36 years old.
Mere hair bahut girte hai, or rukhe bhi ho gaye hai. Hair jhadne ki wajah se bhaut patle bhi ho gaye hai. please koi oil ya medicine bataye jisse mere hair jhadne band ho jaye or ghane, mote, ho jaye. Or silky bhi ho jaye please Hair growth ke liye best oil konsa hai jo market me mil jaye. please naam bataye thank you.
Dry skin people has dandruff problem, but I have oily skin so why I have dandruff problem. Because of dandruff I have hair fall problem its possible.
Lybrate | Dr. Nouman Faruqi speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY