Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
My son is getting cold and cough continuously from 6 months homeopathy medicines are given but not reduced. And their is swelling inside the throat?
I am suffering from asthma for last two years What medications are best for the treatment of asthma? What are their side effects?
I suffering form dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done?
I am suffering from chronic sinusitis. Previously I suffered from streptococcal infection. I like to get homeopathic medicines advice.
Lung cancer may not always give out noticeable symptoms in the early stages. Most cases get diagnosed in later stages. It can happen to anybody irrespective of age or geographical location although smokers fall under high risk groups. Prevention and awareness can help. Check these lung cancer symptoms as early screening/diagnosis may help people fight the disease.
1) Unstopable Cough: Be cautious if your cough lingers. While a cough associated with a cold or respiratory infection will go away in a week or two, a persistent cough that lingers can be a possible sign of lung cancer. Don't dismiss a stubborn cough, whether it is dry or mucus-producing, as "just a cough." See your doctor right away.
2) Disrupted Chronic Cough: Pay attention to any changes in a chronic cough, esp. if you smoke. If you are coughing more often and it has gone deeper or hoarse, or you are coughing up blood or more mucus than usual, it’s time to make a doctor’s appointment.
3) Short breath: Shortness of breath or becoming easily winded is also a possible symptom of lung cancer. This symptom occurs if lung cancer blocks or narrows an airway, or if fluid from a lung tumor builds up in the chest. Keep a track of how quickly you go short on breath. Does it happen while taking stairs or doing routine jobs is a question to answer.
4) Wheezing: When air passages of the body become blocked, constricted, or inflamed, the lungs produce a wheezing or whistling sound as you breathe. While it can be due to other causes, wheezing is also a lung cancer symptom, which is why it demands your doctor’s attention. If wheezing continues, don’t assume it’s asthma or an allergy. Let your doctor find out what's causing it.
5) Chest Pain: Lung cancer may cause pain in the chest, shoulder, or back area. These aches may not be associated with coughing. Consult a doctor if you notice any type of chest pain, whether it is sharp, dull, constant, or twitching.
6) Hoarse Voice: If there is a noticeable change in your voice that stays for more than 2 weeks, or if someone else points out that your voice sounds hoarse or deeper, get it checked out by your doctor.
7) Loss of weight: A sudden and unexplained loss of weight can be associated with lung cancer or another type of cancer. Cancer cells use energy in the body. Do not ignore it.
8) Painful Bones: If it gets spread to the bones, lung cancer may produce pain in the back or in other areas of the body. This pain may get worsen at night while resting on the back. Notice your aches and pains, and discuss them with your doctor.
Click on Consult Privately to ask me a private question on this topic or a related one.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Sir I am 19. I am suffering from fever for last 1 week, and I also suffering from dry cough. Suggest me some doses for dry cough and also fever. I want to consult doctor. Thank you.
I have sinus from my childhood days and latest report of my ct pns is: minimal mucosal thickening in the bilateral maxillary and frontal sinuses. A bony spur in the posterior portion of the septum on left side mild hypertrophy of the bilateral inferior nasal turbinates. I had complete blood test and found every thing normal except esr which is 30 also I underwent vitamin d3 test and found it is very low (8.68 ng/ml). I have consulted doctor but they say to undergo septoplasty laser turbino plasty also I get blood in my spit when sinus increases please tell me what to do?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and I have chest pain when ever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be do?
9years old he had cough in report x.- ray-broncho -vascular markings r prominent Hb%13.8, RBC-5.1, WBC-WBC-22.6, plt-320, N/L-79H/13L. M/E-7/1 med. hetrazan100, xyzalsnia claribid250 sy- cosere-cosere-d all for ten days again same cough started after 1 month why this problem occur.
My friend has severe dry cough. Had feeling of something in throat. What should be done to reduce the cough?
Mere father 78 years ke hai. Feb 2013 se left side paralysis hai. Unki jab gale me lagi trevky nikali gaye tab se aaj tak unko cough ke problem hai. Kai bar infection cough ka ya urine ka hua hai aur antibiotics medicine bi le hai. 15 din phele inhai fever hua tha starting. 5-102 doctors ko dikhya tha 5 days medicine le this. Aaj phir se vahi fever hai sir starting. 5-100. 4. Kya yeh pneumonia hai ko aur koi ka fever hai. Please any one advice me and test karvani hai. Please advice immediately.
My daughter is 3 years old she is suffering cold and cough please give your suggestion wat r precautions to be taken.
Hi Doctor, I have 1 Tonsil stone from last 1 month. I have tried anti-biotics, betadine gargle and even salt water gargle as suggested by the doctor, but still no effect of it. I have been facing little issues while gulping things (it feels like there is something stuck inside). Also, due to this I have started experiencing acidity problem and chest pain at times. So, I want to get it removed. It is of small in size. So, do I need to get an operation done or it can be removed without getting operated. So, could you provide information on this and also the charges for it. Thanks.
My friend is suffering from asthma and he is always coughing everything. Yeah fluid cough or spit. So I want to ask that what should he do to get cure or get rid of his cough permanently. Yeah whole life.
Why is Cancer the biggest Threat to the YOUNG in India?
There are fewer Indians who have successfully battled Cancer and have emerged successful. Yuvraj Singh, the legendary cricketer, who was diagnosed with a rare cancer at 29, survived due to an early detection. Cancer cases in India are not as many as they are in the developed world. However, due to late detection the survival rate in the country is far worse. Particularly, we are losing our youth to Cancer. Most tobacco (pan masala) related cancers and child cancers go undetected until very late.
Few cancers like cervical cancer and breast cancer which affect women of any age, are curable, however, due to lack of awareness and timely screening, many Indian women succumb to these cancers. The most common sites for cancer among men are lung, prostate, colon, rectum, stomach and liver while that among women are breast, colon, rectum, lung, cervix and stomach.
In proportion to our population, we lack the right infrastructure nationwide. esp in the northern and north eastern region, there is a dearth of good cancer facilities, where radiation, care or treatment can be given. Not even one third of cancer patients are alive beyond 5 years after their diagnosis in India, and about 71% of cancer deaths occur in patients in their prime productive years — between the ages of 30 to 69 years.
“Most Indians believe that cancer is generally incurable and that it should be kept secret from neighbors and family.” - Dr Paul Goss, MD, Harvard University.
All these factors have contributed to a very high mortality rate. No wonder Cancer is dreaded in the country. Investment, infrastructure, lifestyles as well as mindsets need to change if we were to contain the Cancer mortality rate. While you need to watch out for early signs of cancer, here are the lifestyle changes every individual esp. all youth must adopt to avoid cancer.
Avoid Tobacco - both smoking and chewing.
Reduce alcohol intake - Save your organs from deteriorating.
Limit UV ray exposure from the sun - Keeps your skin safe.
Maintain a healthy diet - Include foods rich in Vitamins, minerals and fiber which nourish your body and build immunity.
Increase your level of fitness - Maintain a good bodyweight. Additional flab invites a host of troubles, that includes variety of cancers.
Seeking regular medical checkup or screening - This is the only way to prevent and get detected early on.