Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sooriyakala SreekumarYour feedback matters!
Mothers, universally, have been faithful torchbearers of the benefits of milk. Cow, buffalo, camel or soy, milk happens to be an indispensable part of your diet. Instead of taking age old conventions for granted a little bit of thought into your food can improve your health. Usually, most households consume cow milk.
While cow milk is definitely favorable for one's health, adult and child all the same, buffalo milk has its plus points too. Your subjective case might profit from buffalo milk. Read up on the advantages of drinking buffalo milk to choose better.
Buffalo milk will help you in these many ways:
- It will bring down your cholesterol levels: Bad cholesterol levels or LDL is detrimental to one's health. Buffalo milk helps to bring down bad cholesterols. It is low in cholesterol and should therefore, be a great supplement. A glass of this milk every day can keep your heart in order.
- If you want your child to put on weight, feed him or her Buffalo milk: Being skinny or rickety could be a worrying problem. In comparison to cow milk, buffalo milk has a huge amount of fat content. It can help you increase muscle mass adding strength to your physique. If you are an adult facing issues related to lower muscle mass, you should start drinking buffalo milk. Children gain energy through regular consumption of this kind of milk.
- Befriend vitamins by drinking this milk: Buffalo milk has a rich creamy texture. It can deal with your want for vitamins. Thiamine, vitamin A and vitamin C are present in this milk. It also has a good amount of folate, vitamin B6 and niacin. This milk is rich in vitamin B12, which can prevent you from heart attacks and strokes. Buffalo milk also contains riboflavin.
- It is also rich in protein: Two glasses of buffalo milk each day accounts for 19g of protein. It is known to contain all nine kinds of amino acids. If it is part of your daily diet, your immunity and resistance are being taken care of.
- It will make up for your mineral deficiency: Calcium, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus are some of the minerals this milk contains. It helps to strengthen your bones and teeth thus, protecting you against osteoporosis.
Sip your way toward better health with green tea. Touted for its numerous health benefits, the most nutrient-packed types contain catechin and antioxidants that fight and might, even, prevent cell damage. Some of the most effective varieties of best green tea are LongJing, Kukicha, Schincha, Gyokuro and Matcha green tea powder. Enjoy wonderful, hot green tea three times in between meals to reap the most benefits.
And in case you’re wondering just what those health benefits of green tea are, drink these in:
1. Green tea weight loss
The benefit here is two-fold: not only does green tea give your metabolism a boost, but also, choosing this drink over other more sugary options will greatly decrease your caloric intake, therefore, green tea and weight loss go hand in hand.
2. Less stress
According to health.com, the amino acid, theanine, in green tea, is known for its calming effect. Research shows that it can reduce both a rising heart rate and rising blood pressure.
3. Cancer prevention
While the jury is still out on if there’s “proof,” some studies have shown that green tea might help eliminate cancer cells; and because green tea is known to assist healthy cells with growth, many feel that drinking this “wonder” beverage might be one of the ways to naturally help your body heal from the inside.
4. Reduced risk of diabetes
Green tea can help prevent both sharp increase in blood sugar after a meal and high insulin spikes (thus, also helping prevent fat storage).
5. Decreased chance of heart disease
Drink green tea and thus, equip your blood vessels with the ability to better withstand changes in blood pressure and formation of clots – the number one cause of heart attacks.
6. Lowered cholesterol
Leave your good cholesterol untouched and bring your bad cholesterol down with regular consumption of green tea.
7. Protection of brain cells
Green tea might have a role in preventing Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s by protecting brain cells from dying and restoring those that are damaged.
8. Stop tooth decay
The aforementioned catechin has the ability to eradicate bacteria and viruses, thus, protecting your teeth from many dental conditions, including tooth decay.
9. Lowered blood pressure
A 2004 study of Chinese tea drinkers showed that drinking as little as a half-cup of green tea daily could potentially lower the risk of high blood pressure by nearly 50%.
10. Less depression
Similar to its effect on those with anxiety, consumption of theanine (a component of green tea), alleviate stress and promote relaxation.
Green tea has been shown to have an antiviral effect on the influenza virus.
The antioxidants in green tea can counteract the effects of free radicals, which are harmful to the skin. When applied topically, green tea can reduce sun damage and rejuvenate the skin.
13. Improved brain health
One Swiss study showed that brains of green tea-drinkers had more activity in working-memory area, than brains of those who haven’t included green tea into their diet regimen.
14. Healthy cells
Because the leaves of green tea are not heavily processed, it’s rich in the catechins that could, potentially, prevent cell damage.
Wonderful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of green tea are likely to slow the development of signs of aging.
16. Protection from arthritis
According to CNN, green tea can boost the immune system and reduce joint-destroying substances.
17. Stronger bones
Drinking green tea regularly can help stimulate bone formation and help slow the breakdown and weakening of existing bones.
18. Combat food poisoning
Drinking green tea frequently can protect you from the diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain and dehydration (that can accompany food poisoning), thanks to powerful bactericidal effects of this wonderful healthy drink.
Green tea benefits also include boosting your immune system. No wonder it’s a favorite in many rehab centres. Prime your immune system to fight off infection with powerful antioxidants in green tea, which can fight off free radicals very efficiently.
20. Prevent asthma
The caffeine in green tea will not just give you a jolt of energy – it can also help those with asthma breathe easier by relaxing their muscles.