Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sooriyakala SreekumarYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 23 years old and I am married. My periods are regular but from last many months the bleeding is not proper it's like hardly 3 days. Can you please tell me what's the reason behind that?
I am 27 yrs old. I have irregular period problem after my delivery. I fed my child upto 2 yrs. Now he have 2 and 3/4 yrs. What should I do?
Actually I got my last periods on 5th february, 2016 and then no periods in 5th march, I had sex on 13th march using condom but to be sure took I pill on 14th march within 22 hrs, got bleeding on 24th march but to a minimum till 26th march. Took pregnancy test on 29th march evening. Negative result. Am I pregnant? Please help.
Tiffa scan at 5 month pregnancy came normal placenta upper segment fetal heart rate 158b/min but doc suggest bed rest. Fetal weight 222g my weight 65kg height 5.3 inches what fruits should I take according to weather still doc suggest maintain injection up to 8month pregnancy. Once in 15 days.
I am 16 weeks pregnant, what ever I have eat I am vomIting. Day by day am losing weight. Please advice me.
My wife is 1 month pregnant. Till how long we can have sex together, so that there affect on her as well as our baby.
My girlfriend took i-pill after unprotected sex and the very next day again she took i-pill. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?
Questions to be asked. 1) I had first time sex (protected) on 19/feb/17 after 5 -6 days of my regular cycle. And now on my next periods it only lasted for one day bleeding. (light.). 3) And after this duration of short period (one day) after 5-6 days I had again sex on 17/March/17 and now again my period lasted only for one day on 7/ April/17 4) Is there any of pregnancy. 5) what are the possible reasons of my one day bleeding. Can first time sex create this irregularity in my periods. Please tell me what to do. For surety how can I check pregnancy. Or tell me. Any symptoms if there is any chances. And also tell me. Any pill or medicine that will terminate my chances (if there any.) and also suitable medication for regularity in periods.
Hie doctor last month I had my periods on 2nd may and then had sex on 8th may. I consumed an ipill immediately and now its 10th june I still dint have my periods. Although I was bleeding for about 4 days but that was not my periods.
I and my gf had unprotected sex and used ipill she got periods 5 days late is there still any chance of getting pregnancy?
Why is it that every time I had sex my vagina releases milky white substance and it also makes my panties smell foul? It is also sometimes itchy. No sperm came in except for the time that he was not sure because he did not feel it. But I saw him get it and he ejaculated outside, only one burst of it. Am I pregnant?
Hii Dr. I'm 6 month pregnant, & mujhe beta thalassemia manner bi hai, ye mujhe ek week pehle pata chali h, kya mere child ko thalassemia hone ki kitne chance h, or ye manner ho sake h ya major. Par mere husband ko thalassemia nhi hai, please answer my question i'm very worry about my child.
Both ovaries show multiple peripheral follicles with a central echogenic stroma what does it mean? Dr. provide me fertomid 50 mg I want suggestion from best gyna.
She delivered a premature baby girl on 9th dec16 through C- section. On 23rd Dec'16 while lifting the baby, 3 stitches got open up and had bleeding. She was hospitalized and re stitched. stitches are not getting dissolved due to cold season too. Is there any solution to get fast recovery from the stitches. Do stitches take time during winters in order to get cure and ideally how much time it will take.
My wife have a baby of 2 month 11 day, after birth of baby she has a continue periods as usual after pregnancy, after periods stop of pregnancy she has a periods 1 month but in second month she has no periods so i'm very tensed that is she pregnant, I tested with pregnancy kit 3 times.
Beer belly is a word that is used to describe a fat tummy that results from excessive consumption of alcoholic drinks. In case of any alcohol drink, the liver tends to burn alcohol instead of fat which leads to bigger tummies. Basically, if the calorie intake is higher than calorie expenditure, then fat tends to accumulate in the body.
Now if you want to turn that beer belly into six pack abs, then you need to follow these rules:
- Limit carbohydrate consumption: This means you have to cut down on sugar and starch based foods such as refined flour, aerated drinks and anything that has sugar in it. Follow a strict diet that focuses on limited amount of whole grains. Avoid simple carbohydrates which tend to spike blood sugar levels and aid in fat accumulation. Reduce your portion sizes to decrease your overall calorie consumption.
- Eat fiber: Increase fiber consumption as fiber is beneficial for losing fat. It helps in you feeling fuller and thus, eat less. Fiber also reduces the chances of various life threatening diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and bad cholesterol levels in the body. Eat foods that are rich in fiber such as beans, lentils and broccoli.
- Weight training: Weight training helps in losing body fat by increasing muscle mass in the body. Muscle burns calories at rest, so more muscle means more calorie burnt. Weight training also increases your metabolism which means your overall calorie expenditure will increase significantly. If you don't have access to a gym then combine bodyweight exercises such as pushups, squats and pull ups in a circuit. A sample workout circuit would be 20 push up, 20 squats and 5 pull ups one after the other. Rest for a minute and then repeat the circuit 5 times.
- Cardio: Cardio is very important in losing fat from all over your body. Opt for HIIT (high intensity interval training) instead of steady state cardio like jogging at the same pace over a period of time. Too much steady state cardio increases cortisol levels in the body leading to muscle loss. Instead focus on HIIT which means you do an exercise at full throttle for a short period of time such as 30 seconds. Rest for 20 seconds and then to another exercise for 30 seconds. Repeat the procedure for another 10 minutes. This method keeps your metabolism elevated for 48 hours after your workout.
7 dangerous things that smoking does to your skin
Most people think that having a smoking habit adversely affects only the lungs and the heart. But apart from known links to lung cancer and heart disorders, smoking also causes skin damage. The intensity of damage is directly proportional to the number of cigarettes one smokes in a day and the number of years one has been smoking for.
Here are 7 of the horrible things that smoking does to your skin
1. Premature ageing: the process of skin ageing is accelerated by a smoking habit. The chemicals that are ingested through the smoke cause your skin to age much faster, making it look loose, dull and coarse, with uneven colouring. Most smokers have a muted orange or grey tinge to their complexions.
2. Wrinkles and lines: the nicotine from smoke constricts blood vessels in the outer layers of the skin, thereby cutting off the supply of oxygen and nutrients. This causes the skin to develop visible fine lines and wrinkles at a faster rate.
3. Scarring and pigmentation: since blood is not flowing properly to the outer layers of the skin, it is more susceptible to broken capillaries and veins, which can cause dark scarring and pigmentation on the face and other areas.
4. Darkening of the lips: constant exposure to heat from smoking causes stark darkening and pigmentation in the lips, which also become dry and coarse.
5. Delayed wound healing: the presence of nicotine, tar and other chemicals in the blood causes cuts and wounds on the skin to heal at a much slower pace with an increased risk of infection, blood clot formation and death of skin tissue.
6. Increased risk of skin disease: smoking makes the skin prone to various diseases and conditions like psoriasis, which happen as nicotine adversely affects the body's immune system.
7. High chances of skin cancer: skin cancer and oral cancer are the two lesser known variants of the diseases that can be caused by smoking. Skin cancer is far more common among smokers than among non-smokers.
The harmful effects of smoking on the skin are not entirely discernible until after 10 years of prolonged smoking. Fortunately, your skin starts to heal itself when you kick the habit.
Related Tip: E-cigarettes : Good Or Bad?