Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. SomasundaramYour feedback matters!
Since last few days I am having burning sensation in the stomach in the morning. And I get nausea in the morning. It stops for few hours and then again it cones back and then it stops but in the morning its the most. I have pain on the left side of the chest. Burning like sensation in throat too. If I feel any symptoms I start feeling anxious and panic. And keep thinking that I have heart attack. What should I do?
Sir o have been checking my bp its normal all the time only sometimes it becomes low that also the range is near to the normal.
Dear cardiologist sir yesterday I met cardio doctor and he prescribed 01 tab. Prolomet xl 50 in a morning after meal Sir this tablet side effect or any other issue please solve the problem.
Recently I found my total cholesterol level is 262 during a blood test (Random). All other factors are normal. What I can avoid and what kind of food I can take? My bp and sugar levels are normal. I am a 63 year old man. My BMI is 23.
34 age Mujhe negative thinking aati hai blood pressure badh jaata hai 150/90 tak ho jata hai. Har waqt ek drr rehta hai. Kamzori bht lagti hai mann karta hai ekant jagah let jaye. please help me.
I am 67 years old. 5 months back, I underwent cabg bypass open heart surgery. Still there is pain in the wall of the chest in the areas of stitch and bones/ribs. There is no problem in the heart.
I have had 2 miscarriages in 2009 n 2011 in the past before that I had a daughter who is 11 now. Both the miscarriagestook placebetween thhe 13-17 weeks n the foetus had no heart best. What is the reason for this ? Should I try to conceive again ?
I am 40 years old, having diabetes for last 8 years and I got to know today tht m having blockage in my heart. My doctor suggest me for having angiography. Does there any other solution except angiography. And what precautions I should take to come over with this heart blockage. And also tht how much did angiography costs to me in india.
I am a 47 year old male, non-diabetic, non-hypertensive with generally good health. I am on anti-depressant therapy for pd and anxiety for the past 12-14 years. I have this feeling of skipped heart beats now and then since 2009 and have got myself examined by 2-3 cardiologists. All tests like echo, tmt are fine with no abnormalities. Is there any remedy for the same? I have slightly raised cholesterol and triglycerides.
Sometime I feel pain at under of my chest at that time when I takes breath its getting too much pain so, tell me about it is there any problem in present or in my future?
Hello. I am 48 years few days back I went for lipid profile test. Total cholesterol was 267. Tricychilde-200, LDL-130, HDL-45 should I take medicine? Fasting blood sugar 85, TSH 6.0. Please advise.
A sensation of pain in the chest is almost automatically associated with having a heart attack. While it is true that it is one of the best indicators of a heart attack, there are quite a few other things which can cause one’s chest to pain and not all need to necessarily be as time critical as a heart attack. So, what are the various things one should be aware of when it comes to pain in the chest? In order to understand chest pain better, it is first very important to understand the various types of chest pain better! So, there is a sharp pain, its opposite which happens to be a dull pain, burning, aching, stabbing pain, as well as a crushing sensation.
Let’s start with the elephant in the room, which is medically known as myocardial infarction or referred to as the infamous heart attack. This occurs when the muscle cells, which are located in the heart die on account of not enough blood flowing through the heart. In simple terms, the best way to get to know that one is having a heart attack is when the person feels a seriously crushing pain in the centre or the left side of the chest. What could be said to be unique about this type of pain is that resting does not make it better.
- Another condition of the heart which is often mistaken by the layman for a heart attack happens to be myocarditis. Inflammation of the heart muscle leads to fatigue and a fast beating of the heart. The person would also experience some difficulty breathing.
- Heart disease can come in multiple forms and one of those is known as CAD or Coronary Artery Disease. When there is a blockage in the blood vessels of the heart, the pain [which is known as angina] is caused by this blockage. The probably solitary source of good news is that permanent damage to the heart is not caused by CAD!
- That being said, a heart attack is a greater possibility. The pain in the chest could spread to the jaw or the back, or even the arm. The sensation is that of the body part being squeezed. The first thing to be done when angina occurs is to rest in order to lower the pain.
- While these conditions have focused on the heart, pneumonia affecting the lungs can cause deep chest ache. It causes a cough and chills. There is also likely to be pus from the respiratory tract which is coughed up!
- Asthma is yet another respiratory issue which could cause chest pain! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.