Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Soma ShekarYour feedback matters!
My 4 mnts baby dnt sleep during morning hours n not taking milk at all, frm birth she is on bottle feeding lactogen, frm one week she taking jst 200 ml of milk per day, I am trying alot to feed her BT she refusing to take, and NW a days she started crying whole nyt. Can I give syrup silence to my baby, can I start solids frm NW.
We all are aware of the fact that it's not just mothers- to- be who need to make sacrifices during pregnancy, infact it's a excellent idea for fathers to give up smoking and drinking too. Many people are aware of the fact that smoking during pregnancy can be harmful for an unborn baby, so if either you or your partner is a smoker, you should actually give up now. And giving up smoking and cutting down on alcohol now will eventually lead to a healthier and fitter you, so that when you've got a little baby around, you will be in the best of your health.
Passive smoking is harmful:
Passive smoking near your partner is dangerous as when she breathes in your cigarette smoke, your baby is taking in harmful carbon monoxide, nicotine and maybe other harmful chemical substances. Nicotine may lead to constriction of the blood vessels and might affect the uterine and placenta blood flow, might even increase blood pressure and heart rate of you and your baby.
One of the best moves you and your partner can practice is to keep your baby's surrounding and environment smoke free, both for now and as well as after the birth too. If you and your pregnant partner or other people in your home indulge in smoking, it can cause serious harm to your unborn baby.
Drugs and Alcohol is a Big No:
Taking other drugs or drinking alcohol can surely get in the way of you being the parent you always wanted to be. It can also affect your ability to take care for your child. This is a big issue with newborns, who wake up often during the night for feeding and changing. Parents indulging in the use of drugs and alcohol, this unhealthy practice may lead to the risk factor for SUDI if the children sleep in the same place as the parent. For many men, alcohol and other drugs can fuel heated arguments that might lead to violence and aggression. This can have serious consequences for the health and wellbeing of the mother and child.
Your habits affect your kids:
In a recent research the rate of lymphoma, brain tumours and leukaemia were up to 80% higher in children under the age of 5 when fathers had smoked prior to conception, even though the mothers were non smokers all the way. Moreover the rate of childhood cancer was seen highest when fathers smoked more cigarettes every day, or had been smoking for a longer time or started smoking before the age of 20.
It's not just your partner who requires staying healthy before, during and after pregnancy, you all fathers need it too. A healthy diet can surely help with conception, but it's always important to practice and carry on eating a well-balanced variety of nutritious foods. This will lead to the encouragement of your partner to do the same and help her enjoy a healthy pregnancy as well.
Hi My 4 and half year old baby girl. Sometimes I feel that my kid can hear properly. Sometimes I call her lots of time but no response. What is the reason please suggest.
My daughter is 4 months and 1 week old. Still she did not get her head balance. When can I expect stiffness in her neck and back muscle?
My baby had varicella vaccination on March 11th 2015, cane swine flu vaccine be given to her on 27th, please need reply soon ?
Sugary foods should be consumed in limited quantities as the bacteria in dental plaque changes them into acids.
My baby is 21 days old he is crying every night. He is not satisfied with b/f we give amul cow milk. He is not sleeping every night he is crying what should I do? Please suggest me
My baby is very weak she is 11 month 10 days old. Her weight is 7 kg and she didn't have teeth. Please suggest me solution.
Sir, my son 3.5 years old. He s taking L hist mont 2.5 mg daily, instead of giving him that, I gave xyzal m 5 mg. Is there any emergency I rush to the hospital?
While siblings are the force that breathes life into any family structure, it has also been seen as a challenge of sorts to manage siblings and bring out the best in each one of them. In any family unit, there are a number of entities who need to be nurtured in a certain way to ensure that their identities are not hampered by a "one size fits all" style of parenting. Every child is different and will need to be handled differently. Besides this, there are other related challenges that will contribute to the quality of the relationships between the siblings, as well as the rivalry that they may feel towards each other when it comes to attention, achievements and varied other factors.
Read on to know the ten tips to tackle sibling rivalry:
- Make Friends before Birth: encourage your first born to connect even before the birth of the new baby by including him or her in the changes you see and feel. Planning for the new baby with your first born will also help in such cases.
- Staying positive is a big factor that will help the children in feeling confident despite their different qualities and strengths.
- Comparison is a big no no. Stay away from these kind of comparisons so that the children do not feel like they have to fight with each other for your praise.
- Time Sharing: Ensure that you divide your time well and indulge each child in his or her area of interest so that they feel like you are always there for each of them.
- Harmonious Start to the day: this will ensure that the children have a special bond at the end of the day. Make sure that they help each other and divide chores accordingly. The older siblings should be given the care giving tasks while the younger ones should be taught to obey them and play along.
- Humour them: It is a known fact that humour is the best medicine that breaks even the most tension filled atmosphere.
- Family Meetings: Hold family meetings to discuss important things and even intense fights so that everyone's needs and issues are addressed.
- Empathy: Teaching your child to empathize with others will help him or her steer clear of needless rivalry at home too.
- Ignore the Small: Let them figure out the smaller fights, yet always be there to address the bigger issues so that they know you are there for them.
- Equal Treatment: Treating them equally does not mean doing the same thing for each of them. It means giving them equal time and attention with personalized treatment to suit varied temperaments. This will also give them a lot of individual confidence which eventually kills any feelings of rivalry.
My daughter suffering from loose motion and 102fever from last 15days. She is just 10months old. What should I do?
Hello doctor, good day, my son (age6 months) is getting cough and cold regularly, I am using allopathy medicines but that is not much effective. Could you please tell is there any medication in homoeopathy for newborns?
Always make it a practice to encourage your children to inform you if they face any pain or discomfort in the neck or back before it becomes a serious problem.