Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Socrates


Cardiologist, Chennai

11 Years Experience
Dr. Socrates MD Cardiologist, Chennai
11 Years Experience
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; a......more
Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; as a health provider being ethical is not just a remembered value, but a strongly observed one.
More about Dr. Socrates
Dr. Socrates is a popular Cardiologist in Chromepet, Chennai. He has had many happy patients in his 11 years of journey as a Cardiologist. He has completed MD . You can meet Dr. Socrates personally at Shrii Heart And Diabetes Care Clinics in Chromepet, Chennai. Book an appointment online with Dr. Socrates and consult privately on has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MD - Starling Medical College - 2006
Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Shrii Heart And Diabetes Care Clinics

No.76-B,Radha Nagar Main Road, Chrompet, Landmark: St Marks School-600044Chennai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Socrates

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


All Reviews
View More
View All Reviews


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Sir I am 29 years old and my weight is 65 kg I have BP Problem my BP is 150/110 Please give me some suggestions. I take Envas 5 mg medicine.

Cardiologist, Delhi
Hi, Your bp is definitely high & you need to increase the dose of Envas. Make it 5mg twice daily after monitoring your bp. Thanks
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What should be the blood pressure of a person have age of around forty to forty five years.

Ayurveda, Ambala
The normal blood pressure for this age is upto 130/90 mm Hg. Above this range , hypertension starts.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My age is 57 male. My pulse rate is 42. I am having high blood pressure. For this I am taking losar 50. Blood pressure is 140/90.

Master in Psychology, MD - Ayurveda, Dems, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Low pulse rate is termed as bradycardia. There may be very serious reasons behind bradycardia for eg atrioventricular block. So better it is to consult a cardiologist for ecg and 2 d echo.
4 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 72 years old male. I have heart problem. I went through by-pass surgery in 2000 and implanted pace maker ion 2008. Now I am under medication I have type two diabetic patient also. Now I have hip pain problem. When I walk I feel pain in the hip and right leg. Please advise.

B.H.M.S., Senior Homeopath Consultant
Homeopath, Delhi
You can take rhus tox - 30 / 5 drops in little water thrice a day for one week. Revert back after one week with feedback.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir, I am 67 years old heart patient and was operated for cabg from escorts heart institute and research centre, new delhi in 2002. After this heart by-pass operation, I am perfectly fine in health. I am doing morning walk 6 km and evening 4 km without any rest regularly and also doing physical exercise, as and when needed and not having any sort of addiction habits, with no any breathing problem. I am diabetic since about 2 years back for which I wanted to have nature cure treatment, for which concerned nature cure hospital, desired my 2d echo report and the same was done on 19.03. 2015 from hero dmc heart institute, ludhiana. From the observations of 2d echo report, my lvef was observed 45% (50-80%) (mod. Simpson) which has put my mind on full tension due to some abnormal report. I visited fortis escorts heart institute, new delhi on 9.5. 2015 and had dobutamine- stress echo test, my particulars are as under: name of patient devinder kumar age 67 years. Gender male date of birth 20/12/1947. Height 5 ft 8 inch. Weight 83 kg. Blood group b + positive current medical problem as regards heart, I have no physical problem but since the observation of 2d echo report my lvef is below the normal range, which is causing full tension/feeling risk for life. Other diagnosed medical problems. 2nd problem is diabetic for which I am taking treatment. My main anxiety is:- whether my lvef will improve with medicines, or will remain as is and the medicines so prescribed will continue permanently and in this case the medicines may kindly be prescribed, earlier medicines taken by me are not reliable. Whether morning/evening walk/exercise is permitted or to be avoided? any risk/precautions? as mentioned in escorts heart institute dobutamine- stress ehco report: -------------------------------------------------------------------- lvef 45% at baseline and lvef 52% at peak dose needs clarification. Impression: dobutamine stress echo test is negative for reversible myocardial ischaemia may kindly be clarified please. Any surgery or other procedure recommended. In view of latest dobutamine-stress echo I want to seek fresh prescription from your side, which will improve my lvef, for which I fully hope that I will be fully helped and I convey my thanks for this act of kindness. Present medicines taken by me are not reliable. With deepest regards, yours sincerely.

First thanks a lot for giving detailed history. See you had undergone cabg the ef will be decreased due to ischemia an myocardial infarct don't worry about it. Still in my consideration your ef is good. So continue the same medication.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 70 years. I am diagnosed as COPD, RLL Bronchiectasis and Emphysema. Now ECHO suggests Grade 1 LVDD. Bronchodilator and cortisone nebulisation prescribed along with theophylline oral. My normal pulse rate at rest was 85 to 90. Now it will go upto 130 for some time in a day and later settles at 90. What steps I should take live with minimum comfort as long as I live, say one or two years.

Pulmonologist, Faridabad
Tachycardia may be due to levolin nebulization. Get adult vaccination for pneumoccocal pneumonia invassive and flu, join a pulmonary rehabilitation programme, consering bronchictasis avoid contisone nebulization as it will increase chances of infection and use ultra short laba and lama combination in place of foracort.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My heartbeat always beat fast and I always thinking about my heart. I think I have a weak heart. What is the solution for this problem. And I had a bad experience 4 year ago my friends took me to hospital because I smoked weed due to overdose my heart beats fast. When doctor checked in ecg its 120-140. So this thing changed my life. And I always think my heart beat fast.

B.Sc(hons), Physics, B.H.M.S., PGDIT (software Engg)
Homeopath, Delhi
live a simple life for few months. all veg meal (dal sabji etc) then check ecg. at ur age it should be normal ver soon. leave smoking.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 42 years old. I am suffering from gastritis, feel pressure on chest, pain on chest. What can I do? Please suggest.

General Physician, Cuttack
1.Take bland diet, avoid oily, spicy and junk food, 2. Don't skip or postpone your meal, 3.Have proper breakfast 4..Drink plenty of water 5Take one tablet of Pan40 daily in the morning before breakfast 6. If no relief consult.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dear sir some time I feel chest pain, vibrating stretching my navel near by jaw and feel like panic attack what is the reason for it. Which doctor I have to consult for find actual reason?

MBBS, DNB (General Medicine), DNB Cardiology
Cardiologist, Pune
If symptoms are persistent and related to exertion, consult a physician or a cardiologist. Get rule out cardiac causes if any by doing some test. Panic attack is diagnosis of exclusion if all tests are negative.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi ,My mom is 50 years old and she have diabetes and high blood pressure both. From last 1-2 years she is losing her weight so badly. Can you help something to gain some weight of her.

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Kolkata
Using sugar free and salt free diets on every 4 hrs. Avoid ghee. She can take sugar free multi nutricious powder, taken apples, pomegranate in small quantity on 2 days interval after lunch. Do thyroid tests. And haemoglobin. Report after that.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering whistling and sounds in my ears from last two months. Doctor said it is due to weakness of nerves due to high bp that is 140/80. Kindly suggest some remedy.

MBBS, MS (ENT & HEAD AND NECK SURGERY), FSIB, Diploma in Allergy and Asthma
Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialist, Delhi
You might be suffering from tinnitus which is the sensation of hearing ringing, buzzing, hissing, chirping, whistling, or other sounds and is often associated with hearing loss. There are multiple causes of tinnitus like ear wax, middle ear infection, hypertension, migraine, age related and many more. Consult a nearby ent specialist for proper evaluation (which will include a complete ent examination, audiogram and some radiological investigations) and management which is currently cognitive behavioral therapy/ tinnitus retraining therapy.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My husband is 72 years. He is having swelling in the both foot more on left. It will subside little if he take rest and keep the foot upward. What could be the reason. Is it related to heart or kidney. His ECG is normal.

General Physician, Bhopal
It may be due to blood pooling in dilated veins if it is asymetric sweliing in limbs .it may be due to caridac weakness if associated wd weakness and breathing problm. It may be cause by ranal problm if swelling started from face .plz do blood electrolyt taste and limb vein ultrasound.
9 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 60 years, been smoking since college. I have chest congestion and a bit of breathing problem. No stamina and run out of breath even when taking excitedly. Chest x ray is clean. I understand there is a way of cleaning lungs of nicotine. Please help.

MD - Consultant Physician
Cardiologist, Kolkata
You are in hot bed. Smoking causes 1. Chronic bronchitis resulting in asthma, copd, may turn into lung cancer, 2. Heart disease. 3. Cancer in mouth, gastric cancer. 4. Different types of bone disease, cerebro vascular disease what not. Stop it. If you love you family please stop it immediately.

I am 28 years old, I have gained around 20kg in past few months and my bp now days stay around 170/150, I am now taking medicine for that. I feel like I have lost a lot and I have been losing on all fronts till date. I have back ache and feel like my head is heavy all the time. I don' t drink but I do smoke and mainly when I start feeling discarded. I am all the time angry.

General Physician (AM)
Alternative Medicine Specialist, Chandigarh
The problem with you is that you are taking this very lightly, come out of it you are suffering from depression don' t get late get treatment. Requires detailed questioning so as to ascertain your personality and to treat you symptomatically. Treatment is available for depression and psychosomatic problems, safe and without side effects in biochemic system of medication. Consult me in private. In mean time try (biochemic) kali phos 30x
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a male 32 years old I am not able to sleep for quite few days I am taking medicine amlopres AT 25 I CHECKED MY BP IT WAS 95/145 LOOKS LIKE THE MEDICINE IS NT WORKING. I DNT TAKE STRESS AT ALL MY FATHER HAS A BP. PLEASE SUGGEST.

PG Diploma in Emergency Medicine Services (PGDEMS), Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), MD - Alternate Medicine
Ayurveda, Ghaziabad
Hi One of the simplest and most effective ways to induce sleep is to rub some oil on the scalp and the soles of the feet before going to bed. Use sesame oil, brahmi oil, jasmine oil, or coconut oil and massage gently for a few minutes. Slightly warming the oil before applying is helpful... 1-1 drop of cow ghee in both nostrils at night time before sleep....
Submit FeedbackFeedback
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am male 21, my father is suffering from high blood pressure and kidney failure. Now my blood pressure is 130/90. Is there a chance of kidney failure? How to control my bp.

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine, DM - Cardiology, Cardiac Device Specialist (CCDS - Physician )
Cardiologist, Delhi
130/90 is normal BP for your age, But You have not mentioned the cause of his kidney failure. Kindly discuss that with his nephrologist to understand if you have any risk too. A few lifestyle measures will help you have BP control like - DAILY EXERCISE FOR 40-45 MINS, Avoid eating too much junk and food rich in salt like chutneys, chips, namkeens, papads etc, Decrease stress levels, have proper sleep of 8 hrs.
7 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My pulse rate with the same medicines and dosages use to be between 60 -70. Why has it gone up suddenly and my BP readings gone down.

Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MBBS
General Physician, Delhi
Your BP Needs to be monitored with the help of medicines which are safe and do not lead to 'low BP' , medicines belonging to beta blocker group do bring down pulse rate and there is nothing to worry.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My bp getting low from few months because of this problem my face color get to dark as compare to original color.

M.B.S.(HOMEO), MD - Homeopathy
Homeopath, Visakhapatnam
use NAT MUR 200 for your falling blood pressure, before using you consult a qualified homoeo doctor.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi Doctor, I want to consult with you my mother's problem. My mom suffering from headache problem in which her head got very severe pain, face got swelled, she vomited, blood pressure became low and sometimes the pain is unbearable and she started crying. This is from last 10-12 years. We are done with CT-SCAN and everything found normal. Please help. Hope for the best. Thank you.

Doctor of Medicine
General Physician, Surat
Hi lybrate-user thank for choosing lybrate as long as the headache is concern of your mother and ct imaging study, if it is unremarkable and nothing bad happened within this last 10 to 12 years then headache is not due to any pathology but this could be tension headache and it need to be treated in that way only" charity begins at home" so better spend some more time with her, she might be in need to some moral support and it is advisable to see the psychiatrist too, hope this would helps.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed

Near By Doctors

(10 ratings)

Fortis Healthcare

A Fortis Hospital Association
Fortis Malar Hospital - Chennai, 
200 at clinic
Book Appointment