Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SobhaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, My mom's age is 46. Now a days on during the periods time she is facing the problem such as heavy stomach pain and over flow. We have consulted with doctor but they said some problem in the uterus, we need to operate else possible to cure by medicines but now a days she is baring too much of pain and bleeding also increased. So what kind of therapy need to follow to relief from pain/? Is there any possible chances to cure that problem without an operation? Will you help us?
Sir, I am 23 years old female. I have a hypothyroid with tsh of 8.27. I take tablets with yoga daily. And i am having a symptoms of irregular periods with one month normal periods another month absence of periods within the duration of 20 days. And also when absence of periods occur my vaginal area was burning during 1st day of period. Is this causes of thyroid or any other reason? Pls let me know how to avoid this? and also iam having the dizziness while walking. Is also the same symptoms of thyroid? And my hemoglobin is 10.9. Is this is a reason for my dizziness? pls help me sir.
Hi Dr, I am quite tense about my partner we had sex few days before and she took medicine (unwanted 72) after 2 hours of sex but she dint yet got periods started her date was 7th of feb we are afraid that is she is pregnant what should we do because we are not prepared to have a baby.
Her boobs were so small, she is 19 years old, she is trying to make her boobs big. Please give some exercise or some other tip to get big boobs.
Hello, I am married me and my wife are 24 both. My question is we are having protected regular sex using only condom. Can she conceive easily after 1 year?
I've been having clear vaginal discharge here lately, it soaks my panties. My vagina is healthy but sometimes burns or itches. A couple months ago my boyfriend took my virginity. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not:/ but I did have my last period on time and my normal flow. What's going on, should I go see the doctor?
Hello, me and my had oral sex with protection though ve do not have any intercourse other than rubbing my penis using protection. She had her last periods during the period 5-8 of april, and ve had oral sex on 15th april, and now she is having itching on her boobs and nipples. Is that a symptom of pregnancy? If yes the how to avoid?
Hello . Last year in nov 2013 I got married. There is too much time passed but my wife has not become pregnant. Is there any problem either me or in my wife.
How can I prepare my lady sex partner, for doing sex? Are the previous activities like kissing, breast pressing sucking obvious? Can these previous activities make my sex partner like a whore?
I had gone through pap smear test. Though the report came negative for intraepithelial lesion or malignancy. But doctor gave a clinical note of cervical erosion present on both lips, bleed in touch. I showed the report to my family gynaecologist. She advised to go for HPV DNA and coloscopy. I am very worried. Why these tests have been recommended to me. Is it very serious.
Laparoscopic surgery is also known as minimally invasive surgery. It leads to a lesser amount of pain after the surgery, and therefore requires less medication also. It reduces the possibility of hemorrhage, thereby, lowering the possibility of requiring blood transfusion. The smaller length and depth of the incision also means that the patient recovers from the surgery faster than usual. There is also a lesser chance of contracting infections because a larger number of organs remain unexposed and therefore uncontaminated. Laparoscopic surgeries also cause smaller, lighter scars once the surgery wound heals completely.
However, as with any surgery, complications may occur during the course of laparoscopic surgery.
- Wound infection: Even though laparoscopic surgery is minimally invasive and the possibility of contracting infections is considerably less, the wound is capable of getting infected. Hence, it is essential to maintain the cleanliness and hygiene recommendations provided by the concerned medical staff. It is also assumed that the surgeons would prevent this possibility by maintaining strict protocols regarding this issue on their part.
- Bruising: After surgery, depending on the type and duration of the procedure, the patient is always advised to follow certain restrictions regarding mobility and restriction of normal day to day functioning. These rules must be followed in order to prevent the possibility of bruising after a laparoscopic surgery.
- Hematoma formation: A hematoma is an accumulation of blood outside the blood vessel. This is not normal at all and requires urgent inspection and treatment. This is a relatively common complication that happens after a laparoscopic surgical procedure. Precautions are taken by surgeons to avoid this but it may still occur. It needs to be diagnosed early, and then the bleeding vessel needs to be emobilized selectively in order to reduce any further complication of this type.
- Anesthesia related complications: To prevent anesthesia related complications during laparoscopic surgery, it is essential that procedures related to the airways, ventilation, analgesia, antimetics are followed in the preoperative state.
- Injury: Any injury that may be inflicted on the blood vessels present in the walls of the abdomen or on the sidewall in the pelvic region, as well as injuries in the bowel area and the urinary tract. Proper protocol must be followed by the doctor to avoid such complications as much as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am having irregular period in the past 6 months. It has started by 5 days delay to 25 days delay. Please provide me solution to have my period regularly.
Hello I am 12 weeks of pregnancy and I feel like eating only sweets, is it safe to eat sweets n dark chocolates all the time, please kindly help me.
As I get periods last mnth on 18 after taking medicine sysron again this mnth same problem lot of pain and white discharge but no periods what to do .AS DCT ADVICE MY THYROID PROFILE AND USG ABDOMEN ID NORMAL PLS HELP ME .IS SYRON AGAIN HELP ME.
Blockage in heart is a common term used for narrowing of coronary arteries. Coronary arteries are vessels, which supply blood and thus oxygen and food to continuously working heart muscles. Heart muscles, which are not tired working from the birth till death, however, cannot sustain long without blood supply.
A reduction in blood supply gives rise to ischemia of heart muscles commonly manifested as chest discomfort or angina. A sudden complete shutdown of blood supply leads to heart attack leading to permanent damage to heart (if blood flow not reestablished promptly).
But what causes these arteries to block? Deposition of LDL cholesterol (low density cholesterol) in inner surface of coronary arteries is the primary reason of these blockages. LDL a normal component of blood (upto certain limit) starts depositing in arteries as early as 10 years of age!
Deposition of billions of LDL molecules over several years on inner surface of arteries gives rise to visible narrowings in these arteries. Flow ahead of these narrowings is reduced in proportion to the narrowing. At a level of 70 % narrowing the flow is reduced to give ischemia (and angina) during exercise. Gradually increasing degree of narrowing reduces the exercise needed for ischemia and angina; a narrowing of more than 90 % can give symptoms at rest. A sudden clot formation at any of these stages can block the flow suddenly giving a heart attack.
If LDL is a normal component of blood, why it is deposited in the arteries at first place?
LDL above a certain limit in blood starts depositing in the arteries. Diabetes, Hypertension, smoking, less exercise and genetics makes it more sticky thus making narrowing faster. This is why these risk elements need to be properly attended for prevention from heart disease. For treatment medicines are important for stopping the progression of narrowings; angioplasty is a method of fast resolution of blockage; and bypass surgery is the method of creating a whole new blood supply for the affected part of the heart.