Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Smita PraveenYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor, I, am 50 with near vision of diopter value +1.25, how much time is reasonable time before the computer.
What will be complication in the future for the girl age 25 with a vision + 3.5? effects on children and will it further deteriorate with age? will there be a possibility that she may loose her vision completely in future?
I have red eyes before 3 days ago and it's too painful for me I am not able to see because of my pain and there is headache also.
I with in an IT firm. I have been working in IT since 6+ years. I wear spectacles with power 3, 3.5 right, left respectively. My left eye vision is a bit blurred without specs. Even though I got eyes tested recently the power is still the same, but blurred vision still exists. Any suggestions?
My eye glass no is -8 of both eyes and increasing so please kindly suggest me how I can the no is reduce and not increasing.
We have problem in disentry there was the weakness & my stamina has so low& food pachata nahi & my eyes are very weak so & my head is also paining
I have a red eyes from few weeks In the corner of both eyes and day by day it is increasing whT I will do.
Hello hi. My age is 19 years I have an eye sight problem and I have 2.4 in right and 2.5 in left eye. Is laser treatment is beneficial. For that. Is it harmful in future.
When I wakeup in morning my eyes irritating on left eye I am feeling something inside but nothing it was fine after sometime but now again it getting irritate.
I powers are -10 and -11. My age is 20 yrs. And I see huge number of floaters. Doc said I have thin retinal membrane. What precautions is to be taken. Any cure if any? Thanks in advance.
Glaucoma: An Overview
This disease can be developed or inherited; it usually refers to the accumulation of fluid inside a person's eyes leading to excessive pressure on his or her optic nerve.
How to Diagnose the Symptoms of Glaucoma:
- A Fundamental Eye Examination: An experienced eye doctor will check the dilated pupils of your eyes so as to take a closer look at the optic nerve that further discerns the stage of glaucoma a patient is in. Doctors tend to keep track on the sequential progression of glaucoma and its specific mode of treatment through pictures of the optic nerve taken during an examination.
- Tonometry may also be performed: Signs of Glaucoma may be spotted through the procedure called tonometry where the doctor will test a person's eye pressure and so on so forth. A visual field test might also be conducted to check if the patient can see things at the periphery of his line of vision.
Symptoms that will help a doctor identify this condition in people:
- A loss of peripheral vision is experienced in the early stages of glaucoma.
- A person may see halos when in the presence of bright lights.
- Your eyes could turn red.
- Hazy or blurry vision is a problem faced by young children affected with glaucoma.
- Glaucoma could be accompanied by headaches and eye pain.
- An affected person might repeatedly feel nauseous.
Ways to Treat Glaucoma:
- Microsurgery can effectively treat Glaucoma: Microsurgery can be performed in various ways. There is one way in which a channel is made to pump out the fluid creating extra pressure on the optic nerve. This method is referred to as trabeculectomy.
- Eye Drops: Eye drops can relieve you from painful glaucoma. They are known to control the formation of excess fluid in a person's eye. In some cases, they can induce the accumulating fluid to flow out of the patient's eyes.
- Laser Treatment: Laser surgeries can be undertaken to get rid of glaucoma. Laser can help in moving out fluid from the eyes of the affected person. It successfully hinders fluid blockage as well. There are different kinds of laser treatments available to cure glaucoma.