Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Smita NarasimhanYour feedback matters!
My left eye is much weaker than my right. I'm using specs since last 4 years. Still I find sometimes uncomfortable to focus at. Left eye power is -2 whereas right is 1.75 with cylindrical power. While sleeping always tears come out from left eye, and sometime it itches also very much. Please suggest what should I do? Any diet change? Anything.
Respected sir My fiancee has been wearing a glasses for many years she can't see properly without glasses sir please suggest us what should be done to remove her glasses except lance Regards MANISH.
Dear Sir/ Madam, My Present Eyesight power for wearing spectacles is -1.50 left eye and -1.25 right eye. The power has been increasing. I am facing farsight problem and not able to see or detect faces of people and specially glow sign boards or any digital image. Can you please suggest me any good measures or remedies (natural, any medicine, supplement capsule or home remedies) so that I can increase my Eyesight. I do not prefer to wear spectacles. I would be very grateful if you can help me in this matter.
I am 22 male I masturbate daily now I want to leave this but now due to over masturbation my body loses so many of energy thats I feel very tired all the time my eye also blurred some time I have leg pain testicular pain and my penis also shrinked in very nervous what should I do I want to over come from this as fast as possible please help me out I will very great full to you.
I am suffering from viral conjunctivitis. Now it is 15th day. Still my vision has not completely improved. Some cloudy appearance in one eye. I am taking steroid eye drops 1drop 3 times for 5 days as instructed by doctor. How long will it take to cure completely. Will I retrieve my eye sight completely How many days is this disease contagious. Please help to my question.
I have some problem in my eyes, it has some yellow color spot maximum time and tears fallen in some times and I have some problem to see. What is the solution?
My friend is 23 year old. He is thinking of get basic laser for eyes. Currently he has -5 power of lenses in spectacle. If there is any doubt that after surgery he will get full vision and in future is there any risk of losing vision. And can he get basic laser more than one time?
For some days I have a pain in the eyes and it became reddish I am having a bad problem of the red eyes. Please make a suggestion for this.
My child went for a squint surgery when he was 5 years old, now again we noticed a squint in his left eye for the last one year and everyone told us about this from his classmate, teacher to our relatives. We contacted to doctor and he suggest another surgery saying that one muscle will be operated. The kid is 12 years old now. What do you suggest and what precaution do I take now so that it doesn't happen in future?
With technology at your fingertips, it is hard to think of times when the existence of laptops and television sets was unimaginable. Technology is common enough to be taken for granted in present times. TV and laptops are especially in widespread use. The primary reason could be entertainment, an urge to connect to the larger world, or the need to kill time. Such dependability leads to severe health hazards. Read on to find out more:
Effects of TV and laptops on your health:
- Sleep deprivation: Long hours of exposure to artificial light can lead to sleep deprivation.
- It can also lead to serious vision problems: Watching TV or using laptops for long hours can make your eyes vulnerable to constant glare. You fail to realize, but changing lights of a computer screen or of a television set in a dark room can be extremely strenuous for your eyes to adjust. Constantly changing lights can lead to glaucoma. However, dry and itchy eyes, headaches and poor vision are the commonly noticed effects.
- It causes obesity in children and adults: Since all your work can be done on the internet, you tend to become lethargic. You are too lazy to go to the market or to the bank. Even if you are not watching you use the television for background music. Adults therefore do not make qualitative use of their free time. Children are addicted to playing games and browsing sites on the laptop. They hardly indulge in outdoor games. This leads to obesity in adults and children all the same.
- Propels your desire to eat fast food or packaged food: Binge eating is a very common practice while watching TV or using laptops. Chips, pizzas, burgers, ice- creams, cold drinks and absolutely anything junk devoid of nutritional value are more liked by us. Junk food not only leads to weight gain but is also detrimental to our digestive system.
- Can increase the risk of infertility in men: Laptops heat up when used for a long span of time. This heat can increase scrotum temperature which results in reduced sperm production, leading to infertility.
As is said, nothing in excess is good for your health. It is therefore, best to make controlled use of TV and laptops to avoid its harmful effects.