Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sivasankar G
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sivasankar GYour feedback matters!
Can one get UTI without having sex or being sexually active? If yes, then what could be the other reasons?
Taking veltam f for enlarge prostate for five days. I had stopped it 5 days ago in response to its side effect of decreased sperm coming out during masturbation. So I want to ask how many days will it take to revert back to normal?
Hello doctor my mother got a pain in her stomach, we have done CT scan and the impression found is "TINY LEFT RENAL CALCULUS SEEN" so I would like to know does she have a stone in her kidney or not I mean what this TINY LEFT RENAL CALCULUS SEEN is. Before she used to have a 3 mm of kidney stone ,so now is it dilated or still it is present. She also have a fibroid in uterus.
I have slight burning sensation after I pee and this sensation is more during daytime. I am also taking telma AmH 40 for hypertension. Kindly advise something for me.
My Mother is 85 years of age And having plenty of pus cells in urine, since last three months We are giving her medicines like - NORFLOX - 200 For one month, then on 05102016 we shifted to OFLOMAC - 200. Twice daily for five days i.e. Till 10102016, ,then reduced the tablets to one daily. But no result is observed. She do not have any health problem except weakness. Also she is not having any problem in urine. She is doing her normal activity. No temperature and no sign of infection except in urine path report. Please suggest your opinion.
My bilirubin was 8.37 15 days before now its 2.5 will I still get a yellowish urine? Becoz I getting still yellowish urine is it again increasing.
What are kidney stones?
The primary function of the kidney is to filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It may cause the urine to get highly saturated. This is when stone-like formations take place inside the kidneys. Kidney stones are also termed renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination, extreme discomfort during urinating and presence of blood in the urine are some of the major signs of kidney stones. The symptoms are not evident if the stones are very small in size.
Causes of kidney stones:
- Incorrect calcium intake: High amounts of calcium can lead to high calcium depositions in the kidneys. It is important to keep the calcium intake moderate. Calcium supplements must be checked if you have already included dairy products in your diet.
- Abnormal rates of sodium in the body: Sodium, just like calcium, gets deposited in the kidneys.
- Excessive animal protein intake: Too much of animal protein intake can make the urine turn acidic, leading to uric acid depositions in the kidneys.
- Sugary, aerated drinks: These lead to undesirable waste deposition in the blood stream and eventually in the kidneys.
- Inadequate water intake: Not keeping the body well hydrated can cause the urine to turn acidic and increase waste deposition.
Potential risks and complications of kidney stones:
- Kidney stones may cause an infection in the kidneys which may eventually spread to the other internal organs and surrounding tissues.
- Kidney stones block the ureter and cause severe pain and discomfort that make sitting, standing or any other posture difficult.
- Kidney stones rarely cause kidney failures but the severe blockage and infection may cause such detrimental results in the human body.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!