Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sivaraman
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SivaramanYour feedback matters!
Hi Please let me know wat to feed to 8 mnth old baby with timings ,hw much Quantity n hw many tyms, wat kind of veg n fruits.
My 4 months old son is passing little stool all day long and passing diaper full of stool 3 to 4 times a day stool is sometimes foamy yellow sometimes mucus yellow and he is passing wind also, what shall I do? Please advise.
I am 15 years old. What is the best physical exercise or yoga is best for me. and how to do them? Not food habits pls?
Hi m having a 2 month baby. Since birth day my baby is having a white molluscum on his left chin. Its almost 2 month over but it is not going off. As I got infected a year before with this molluscum which was there during I was pregnant. please tell me is my baby infected through it in womb itself? How to get baby rid of it? please help.
My baby was passing stools which was more liquid. Now suddenly it is like paste consistency. He is 80 days old. Is it normal.
My 4.3 years old son (weight 23 kg) has nasal irritation. He is snoring loudly while sleeping, complaining of blocked nose all the time, since three days now. He also has slight cough. When he blows his nose, little white mucus comes out but mostly there is no mucus. The doctor said his chest is clear, but he has some nasal irritation. He is taking beyumont lc kid 2.5 ml, maxtra, nasivion. But still not better. What to do, We also got him nebulised once with levolin and budecort but it did not do anything.
She has problem of bed wetting at age of 11 1/2 years .she is premature baby with 1400 gm weight and operated for reverse reflux of kidney at age of 7 years .Is any treatment available for bed wetting?
I have a daughter 2 year's old. And I want 5 years gap for 2nd child. And I'm not comfortable with copper t. Can I use vaginal pills? And which one. And m feeding still. please help.
My son is 6 months baby I came recently from San Francisco.I dint use any medicine for stomach but here in India evyone recommend neopeptine n gripe water to be given twice a day compulsorily.Cn I giv that both at a time?n how much quantity.
Hi, I have 3 month old baby. Firstly can I let her have formula milk apart from breast milk? Secondly when I breast pump n try to feed her in the bottle she refuses to have from it, whether me or anyone else feeds from bottle she refuses. It becomes difficult for me especially when I urgently need to go anywhere. Please advise!
Ashthma patient should avoid early morning walk, avoid exposure to smoke,dust,fumes,strong smells,allout, and should take thier medicines as advised by their doctor.
As my son is 3month old and he always asked for mother milk every 30hrs and his mother don't having sufficient milk to feed him so can we give him cerelac now and he had also having cold in regular interval so how to rid this issue.
My son is 11 month old. He is not standing on his own support. He holds sofa or bed and walk from 1 month. My neighbourhood son is also 11 month old. He is nicely walking. Is there any food to strengthen his legs. What to give. Is there any syrup? He is 10 kg.
Which baby doesn't spit up their food! This is usually not a reason to worry, but if this spitting up is chronic and is accompanied by other symptoms it is known as Gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD. Severe GERD can cause weight loss and breathing problems and thus, should not be ignored.
Reflux occurs when food is pushed out of the stomach and back up the esophagus. This is usually because the digestive system in babies is not yet fully developed. Vomiting often during the day is one of the most common symptoms of GERD. Other symptoms include:
- A persistent cough
- Choking or gagging while eating
- Refusing to eat
- Crying while feeding
- Pain in the stomach
Most cases of GERD can be diagnosed by its symptoms and a look at the baby's medical history. In some cases, additional tests may be required, such as:
- Barium swallow: The child is given a chalky substance to drink. This highlights the esophagus, stomach and upper part of the small intestines in a special X-ray. It is used to check if there are any blockages in the digestive system.
- pH probe: A long, thin tube with a probe at one end is put down the child's throat. This is kept in the esophagus for 24 hours. The probe measures the levels of acidity in the stomach. This test is usually done when the child complains of breathing problems along with reflux.
- Upper GI endoscopy: Here the doctor puts a thin, flexible tube down the child's throat. At one end of the tube is a camera that allows the doctor to look into the esophagus, stomach and small intestine.
- Gastric emptying study: One of the causes of reflux is the slow emptying of the stomach. To check this, the doctor will mix a radioactive chemical with the baby's milk that allows a special camera to follow its path down the digestive system.
In most cases, GERD can be treated by making a few lifestyle changes. Some of these are:
- Raise the head of the baby's crib
- After feeding the baby, do not let him lie down, but hold him upright for half an hour or so.
- Change his feeding schedule
- Ask your doctor if you can try giving him solid food. Else, check if you can thicken his feed with cereal.
- Make the baby burp after feeding
Most infants outgrow this condition within a year, so do not stress yourself and enjoy life with your baby.