Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sivaprakash. RYour feedback matters!
.SIR, I AM 38. MY QUESTION IS RELATED WITH PROSTRATE. I HAVE A MILD ENLARGE PROSTRATE WITH RESUDIARY URINE 120. DURING URINE NO PAIN. I HARDLY WAKE AT NIGHT. M.Y URINE TEST AND URINE CULTURE ARE NORMAL. ON 8TH OCTOBER 2015 MY PSA IS 0.61.BUT AFTER EJACULATION OR INTERCOURSE I FEEL BURNING SENSATION. IS IT ANY DANGER/ I am very tensed. Please advice. Sometime my legs chew. Is it related with urinary track infection or prostrate?
I have done sex with a girl who have blood cancer at low % without protection, what is possibility that I also get infected. And what I do in that condition.
Does anyone know the cost of cancer medicine Eribulin? I heard that this is very expensive? My mother is advised 1.4 mg/m2 over 2 to 5 minutes infusion on days 1 and 8 of a 21-day cycle for 3 cycles. Thanks in advance.
Hi, I am 32 years old. Having chest pain in my right side (in a particular place). Having bad breath since 4 to 5 years. I checked with physician he said bad breath is due to mouth unhygienic. Please help me. I am suspecting cancer. What it will be.
My Husband last 19 year taking tobacco like Shekhar, Rajnigandha, Tulsi. But now a days he trying to quit. I am fearing for cancer. I want to diagnose any problem will be arise? He is 34 years old.
I am 27years old. L found a lump in my breast last July, and took medicines for 6months, then it subsided for 2 months. Now it has reappeared again. I did mammography. The result is same as 8months ago. What should I do now?
Are you aware of the link between air pollution and cancer? Air pollution refers to the mixture of several harmful substances, which lead to various serious health hazards on exposure. The primary sources of air pollution are man-made, including fumes from automobiles and the smoke from burning fuels. Desert dust, radon gas, and several other natural sources of air pollution are equally dangerous. Air pollution is classified into outdoor and indoor air pollution. It is highly associated with increased risks of developing cancer. Smoking is considered to be one of the major agents, which pollute the air and increase the chances of cancer to a large extent.
Outdoor air pollution
- Outdoor air pollution is strongly linked with cancer development.
- As every person is exposed to some form of air pollution, it has a more harmful effect on the whole population across the globe as a general threat.
- A certain part of outdoor air pollution referred to as PM 2.5, or solid dust particles, are highly responsible for the development of cancer.
- The chances of cancer increase with the increase in PM 2.5 levels in the air.
Indoor air pollution
- There are several sources of indoor air pollution that are closely associated with an increased risk of cancer.
- The sources include fuels used for heating homes and for cooking, radon, and tobacco smoke.
- Second hand smoke is another harmful indoor air pollutant that causes cancer.
Second hand smoke
- Secondhand smoke increases the risk of cancer development, along with the risk of developing other diseases such as stroke and lung disease.
- A lot of people all over the world get exposed to second hand smoke.
- A lot of deaths occur due to cancer because of second hand smoke exposure which is common every year, all over the globe.
- Radon is a natural radioactive gas, which is associated with increased risks of developing lung cancer.
- It is found at low levels outdoors. It may also build in high concentrations indoors.
- Although radon exposure does not pose a huge threat for cancer, a lot of radon-associated cancers develop due to exposure to radon, along with tobacco smoke.
- This is a flammable liquid having no color and with a sweet odor.
- It is closely associated with the development of leukemia and cancers affecting other cells of the body.
- Cigarette smoking and tobacco smoke are major cancer causing elements that are found in the air commonly. Both of these are quite harmful. It is recommended that you not only quit smoking, but also keep away from passive smoking. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist.