Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. SivalingamYour feedback matters!
. I am 30 year old men and I am married. I am chain smoker. And also drinker too. I have back pain more than years. So please advice for this.. Is any problems because of smoking?
Hi, I am suffering from depression from many years. I have tried many times to overcome this. Could you please help me to get rid from that disease.
I think I have a weak nervous system .I get excited and depressed easily. For example if someone has done said or done something wrong to me .I start thinking over it to the point my mind gets really heavy and then I am not able to think. When I was young I used to pee in the bed unlike my peers. For which I took shilajit on a local doctor recommendation. Please help me with medicines or anything to come over it.
I am 28 years of male suffering from anxiety since 8 months. Please its a request to you to please describe how long I can face these symptoms like lightheaded, emotionally numb, feeling all things unreal besides me and feeling that you am not inside my body (depersonalisation. Thankx please reply I am in a huge problem.
I am 39 years old male and have sleeping disorder (poor sleeping) * anxiety *anger *negative thoughts again and again *irritation *memory loss.
Hi I'm jawaid 25 years of age sir prescribe me some to sharpen my mind as I'm not fully concentrating on some particular thing. Thanks.
I have been in alot of stress due to my office work. My headache has been gaining serious problem since 3 days. I am taking energy supplements but it's not helping. Please can somebody tell how I can deal with my problem.
Anxiety is a very normal emotion, which gives rise to feelings of nervousness every now and then. An anxiety disorder is a serious medical condition in which people experience a high degree of distress and mental trauma, which causes difficulties in leading a normal life. People suffering from this medical condition experience high levels of anxiety and nervousness almost all the time. Here are the symptoms that indicate you're suffering from anxiety disorder.
1. Excessive worry - This condition persists if you worry about the day to day activities a bit too much on a regular basis. It is identified when you start taking too much stress about very petty things, which tends to affect you in an adverse manner. A noticeable sign of excessive worry can be too much fatigue.
2. Sleep problems - Problems falling asleep at the right time and problems in maintaining a sound sleep are two signs that indicate you have an anxiety disorder.
3. Irrational fears - This symptom is not generalized; instead, it is specific and subjective in relation to a particular thing or situation. The fears that are experienced under this category are sudden and unexpected in nature and there is no fixed rationale behind these fears.
4. Muscle tension - Muscle discomfort and pain is one of the leading physiological causes of an anxiety disorder. The pain felt is chronic and pervasive, and is very common among people facing situations of anxiety. If you are exposed to constant periods of anxiety, you will experience fatigue, muscle pains and unwillingness to work.
5. Chronic indigestion - Problems related to the digestive system are also a sign of anxiety disorder. In this case, you may face constant digestive problems accompanied by a common disorder called IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). IBS refers to an anxiety situation in the digestive tract, which is characterized by stomach aches, cramping, bloating, gas, constipation, and/or diarrhea.
Apart from the above-mentioned symptoms, other symptoms of an anxiety disorder include stage fright, self- consciousness, panic attacks, memory flashbacks, perfectionism, compulsive behaviors, self- doubt, and such others.