Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. SivalingamYour feedback matters!
Sir I am an engineering graduate and I have a lot of trouble and don't remember any thing that and always a stress mind all time have a problem to remember past thing in memory. And working with one work I forget some things and my mind divert in another place after 5 minute I back to my mind on my work.
Now a days, I'm confused very much. In my mind something is going on but what I don't know it. Please suggest me.
Sir I am 37 years male and suffering from gynecomastia on left side since 1 year please sometime there is pain in left flank area please help I am really concerns for this due yo this I have developed health anxiety of being breast cancer . I always do self diagnosis on internet. Please Dr. help me.
Inspite of doing regular exercise my whole body is paining and I am not able to dance please tell me what measure I should take?
How to concentrate on studies and other works after breakup from girlfriend, according to human psychology?
Wearing tight inners and tight dress cause neck and back pain? What is the remedy? I like to wear dresses very tight and skinny. But I didn't feel comfortable while I lie n bed and using Mobile. I feel very compressed by the dresses. I don't want wear loose clothes. I like to wear fit clothes. But it doesn't make me to feel comfortable while sleeping. It causes neck and back pain. I feel that I'm compressed into a little box.
The words 'stress' and 'anxiety' are often used interchangeably, but bear different meanings in medical terms. Stress is caused by particular situations or events in one's life that makes one feel frustrated, angry, worried or even anxious. The stress response is different for each individual such that the same event can often elicit disparate responses. For example:
Public speaking excites some but terrifies others;
Pressure from deadlines increases productivity in some but renders others paralyzed;
Difficult circumstances in family or friend settings find some eager to take control and others stricken with panic;
Social situations requiring people to voice their opinions are easy and comfortable for some but stressful for others;
Changes in the work environment are welcomed by some but not by others.
Anxiety, on the other hand, is a general feeling of apprehension or fear, the source of which is not clearly defined. Anxiety disorders are a group of psychiatric conditions that cause excessive anxiety. They include:
Generalized Anxiety: Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is a pattern of frequent, constant worry and anxiety over many different activities and events;
Specific Phobia: A phobia is a persistent and irrational fear of a particular type of object, animal, activity, or situation that poses little to no actual danger;
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is an anxiety disorder in which people have unwanted and repeated thoughts, feelings, ideas, sensations (obsessions), or behaviours that make them feel driven to do something (compulsions). Often the person carries out the behaviours to get rid of the obsessive thoughts, but this only provides temporary relief (not performing the obsessive rituals can cause great anxiety);
Social Phobia: Social Phobia is a persistent and irrational fear of situations that may involve scrutiny or judgment by others, such as parties and other social events.
Those suffering from anxiety disorders display such symptoms on a regular basis and thus have difficulty with daily activities and relationships. These symptoms present themselves sporadically and often without warning.
In many cases, anxiety is developed by overdue stress that is no longer linked to a specific cause.
Homeopathic Treatment for Stress and Anxiety:
Homeopaths for the last two centuries have been constantly pushing this theory of mind and physical body being deeply interconnected and about fixing the problem at a mental level that can often help the other. In homeopathy, mental symptoms of the patient are given the utmost importance. Constitutional treatment in homeopathy combines the understanding of both the psycho and the physiological profile of the patient, with the psychological profile being given more importance.
Homeopathic Medicines for Stress:
A number of homeopathic medicines are effective in treating disorders where one who has learnt the wrong way of handling or responding to stress.
Homeopathic remedies for stress - for the Classic - Type A Personality: Medicines such as Argentum Nitricum and Tarentula are very effective in controlling the accelerated behaviour of Type A people. Anxiety is very marked in such patients . Anxiety disorder is very effectively treated with homeopathy
Homeopathic remedies for stress: When Anger is the Key symptom: Stress manifests through anger in some patients .Nux Vomica and Staphysgaria are meant for the easily angered and impatient ones.
Homeopathic Medicines for stress: When grief is the cause: Ignatia and Natrum Mur where long-standing grief is a reason for stress response.
Homeopathic remedies for stress: for those who are 'Overworked': Kali phos is for a good individual who over-stretches himself physically and mentally. It is great homeopathic remedy for those have 'burnt out' their minds for over work. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
Head injuries occur due to a variety of injuries - road accidents, falls, sports, assaults, etc. While some injuries might be obvious, others may not have an external injury. However, given the structure and vascularity of the brain, there could be definite damage to the blood flow and brain function. There would be alteration in the person's behavior which may seem weird to others. A detailed history and examination will help unearth these symptoms and the underlying causes and thereby manage them. Any of the above injuries can result in jarring of the brain, and especially in cases of children, it is advisable to immediately consult a doctor. If it was a very minor injury, then any of the following symptoms should warrant a visit to the doctor.
- Worsening headache
- Difficulty waking up from sleep
- Irritability and confusion
- Unequal pupil size or dilated pupils
- Confused about name or place of belonging
- Unclear speech
- Numbness in the legs or arms
As with all other conditions, homeopathy believes in getting to the root of the issue and not just treating the symptoms. There have been cases reported where the patient had severe symptoms, was given homeopathic remedies with complete cure of symptoms. There are specific remedies in the acute phase and the chronic phase. In acute phase, commonly given remedies in the acute phase include Aconite, Arnica, and opium. They are aimed at stimulating recovery and should be given immediately after the injury has happened.
- Aconite: Used when the patient is restless and panicky with the fear of death.
- Opium: These may have injuries elsewhere but not on the head, may feel dazed or be in coma, could also have a bloated face.
- Arnica: If the patient is severely bruised, however is denying help and claims to feel well, then Arnica should be given
In chronic phase these remedies help in managing the long term implications of a concussion that sets in sometimes even after months.
- Natrum sulphuricum: The person here is usually depressed and irritable, suicidal in some cases, have a feeling of ringing in the ears, experience vertigo. The symptoms are worsened in wet or damp conditions.
- Natrum muriaticum: The person becomes sad or withdrawn, have a chronic headache that is worsened when out in the sun and develop a dislike for salt. Being at the seaside can make these symptoms to improve or worsen dramatically.
- Hypericum: The person will have convulsions immediately after the injury and can complain of pins and needles sensation later on.
- Helleborus: The person seems shut down since the injury has happened with indifference to pain or pleasure.
- Hyoscymus: The person becomes talkative, excited, laughs inappropriately, and in rare cases, muscle spasms or even epilepsy.
Why does a test taker need to be reevaluated if a disability (such as a learning disability, ADHD or autism spectrum disorder) is lifelong?
Sir if our liver is weak so our thinking process is going beyond our mind means every can hear me nd analysing me what I am thinking is it right sir because i am suffering from these problems tell me the right solution plz.
If you are suffering from excessive stress, it is likely that your physical and emotional health may be affected. Your sexual life too is affected due to stress. Too much of stress leaves you physically tired and exhausted. Because of this, you will not have enough energy to have sex. Moreover, when you are stressed out about some issue, your libido gets affected, and you might not have any interest in having sex.
Effects of stress on your sexual life
- Stress results in a negative body image. The hormones which are associated with stress may impact metabolism. With the increase in the production of these stress hormones, you may feel sluggish and gain weight, thereby providing a negative body image due to which you might not have the desire to indulge in sexual activity. Stress causes lowered self-esteem which results in less sex.
- Stress results in reduced libido. The hormones associated with stress are required by the body in small amounts, but the overproduction of these hormones can suppress sexual hormones, leading to decreased libido.
- Extreme stress may affect personal relationships and cause conflicts between a couple. This will result in rare sexual activity as proper communication between a couple gets reduced.
- You may start drinking excessively because of stress. Too much alcohol is bad for sexual health. It makes sex dull and less pleasurable. Alcohol causes dehydration, which affects lubrication. Stress also affects a person’s fertility and menstruation cycle, which could hamper your sex life.
Ayurvedic treatment for stress
Ayurveda offers effective treatments to get rid of stress. By using natural and herbal Ayurvedic medicines, you can get rid of unnecessary stress from your life and revive your sexual life. Here are some effective Ayurvedic treatments for getting rid of stress:
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are stress reducing in nature. You can use herbs such as ashwagandha, bala, brahmi, gotu kola, saraswati churna, vacha, tulsi, shankapushpi, Siberian ginseng, liquorice, vidari and shatavari.
- You should consume food items, which help in reducing stress. These include coconut, walnut, mangoes, pineapples and bananas, fried in ghee.
- Several natural drinks can help in relieving stress. These include tomato juice, ginger tea, garlic milk, and tulsi tea.
- You should practice stress relieving activities such as yoga and meditation. Several yoga asanas in different poses should be practiced.
- You can try several stress relieving Ayurvedic therapies. These may include Shirodhara (bliss therapy), Abhyanga (warm oil massage), Shiro Abhyanga and Nasya (head massage).
Ayurveda helps in controlling stress. A combination of several benefits known as Panchakarma is provided by Ayurveda for reducing stress. Reduced stress will drastically improve your sexual performance and sexual stamina. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.