Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. SivalingamYour feedback matters!
I am a 75 years old. My PSA last year was 4.03 this year it has elevated to 5.83. This has me stressed and worried. My urologist has recommend I have a biopsy. I have been reading and go ogling about prostate cancer and biopsies. The more I read and learn, the more confused I get. I am 50- to get a.
Hello Sir / Madam, Good Afternoon. My Name is Litan Deb, age 32.5 months, I have suffering from body pain along 10 year above. In the year 2000 I got fiver.
I am suffering from acne. Its about 2 years I had mentally and physically getting weak because of this trouble. The scars that leaved by acne remains on face and my face is like a black stone. Can you prescribe a tab. I didn't use English medicine before.
What nonsense this sex is, why I always think about it, how can I get rid off, as I see girl a sensation starts in my body, I see all nonsense dream leads to night fall. Please suggest me.
A certain psychiatric condition, which causes a person to be functionally impaired in social and occupational settings is known as Impulse Control Disorder. Most of you are granted with the ability to think before you act but it isn't the case for people suffering with such a condition. People diagnosed with this condition are not able to withstand the urge to do something detrimental to themselves or other people.
This condition is similar to other disorders such as kleptomania, compulsive gambling and pyromania to name a few. Although people suffering from this disorder do not plan their acts, the acts they do perform generally fulfill their conscious wishes. Other disorders of such similar nature like Kleptomania and ADHD, which are associated with difficulty in controlling impulses but that is not their chief feature. Patients of impulse control disorder find it highly distressful and are hence often seen to lose control of their actions and consequently their lives.
What causes this disorder?
Some medical practitioners are of the opinion that this disorder is a subgroup of other conditions, such as stress, anxiety, OCD and etc. Scientists and researchers are not particularly sure what causes this condition but have determined that it can be caused due to a combination of physiological, emotional and psychological factors pertaining to cultural and societal aspects. Also, certain brain structures linked to emotions and memory functions in and around the frontal lobe are linked to planning functions and impulses.
Some studies show that certain hormones such as testosterone which are associated with aggression and violence may also play a role in forming such disorder. Aggressive and violent behaviors are apparent in people suffering from this disorder. Certain studies have shown a connection between certain forms of seizure disorders and aggressive impulsive behaviors.
People with such disorders are also more likely to contract addiction and mood disorders. Antidepressants are usually prescribed in treating such disorders.
I am getting angry for small things and I am always feel leave me alone and not interested to mingle to people. My body looking very weeknes how to make strong body. I am afraid of small things.
I am 31 year old n I am suffering from depression. Undesired thoughts comes in mind. For example, regarding my wife. Before many years wen my wife was in school a boy proposed her n she denied. Now wen I hear the name of that boy or see him, I feel trouble, anxiety n panic disorder. I know there was nothing wrong still doubts disturbs me. So please suggest.
Hello I am vikash jain from delhi age 30 y doing business I have problem in speaking and I want to clear my voice so please guide me.
I used to think continuously and I used to talk myself when I am alone in the morning evening and the whole day when I was alone r if I am in public also. Please help me.
I have sleeping problem. I do good work in day time but couldn't get good sleep at night. I don't even feel much stress. Help me.
I am ca student. I am 23 years old. From the last 2-3 years, I have noticed a great decline in memory, which is creating problems in my daily life. I used to forgot little things from childhood itself but that didn't use to bother me. Now this is making me feel inferior. Another issue is that it takes me a little more time to recall things (like when someone asks me something, it takes a second or two to reply). What could be the problem with me & any possible solution?
I am 30 years old since past 5 days every day I am getting fever in the evening and have pain in all my body and bones as for example in my tail bone also I am having pain, not able 2 sit.
1. Give yourself permission to be human. When we accept emotions ? such as fear, sadness, or anxiety ? as natural, we are more likely to overcome them. Rejecting our emotions, positive or negative, leads to frustration and unhappiness.
2. Happiness lies at the intersection between pleasure and meaning. Whether at work or at home, the goal is to engage in activities that are both personally significant and enjoyable. When this is not feasible, make sure you have happiness boosters, moments throughout the week that provide you with both pleasure and meaning.
3. Keep in mind that happiness is mostly dependent on our state of mind, not on our status or the state of our bank account. Barring extreme circumstances, our level of well being is determined by what we choose to focus on (the full or the empty part of the glass) and by our interpretation of external events. For example, do we view failure as catastrophic, or do we see it as a learning opportunity?
4. Simplify! We are, generally, too busy, trying to squeeze in more and more activities into less and less time. Quantity influences quality, and we compromise on our happiness by trying to do too much.
5. Remember the mind-body connection. What we do ? or don't do ? with our bodies influences our mind. Regular exercise, adequate sleep, and healthy eating habits lead to both physical and mental health.
6. Express gratitude, whenever possible. We too often take our lives for granted. Learn to appreciate and savor the wonderful things in life, from people to food, from nature to a smile.