Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sivakamu Dhandapani
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sivakamu DhandapaniYour feedback matters!
Hie I am 26 years old n I hv 2 children first is normal delivery a boy and second is baby girl with c section now I wanted to lose my weight so my baby is 10 month old what should I do to lose my weight please help me.
I have delivered a girl baby on January 28th, 2016 by cesarean delivery, how to reduce my belly & weight. But weight reduction shouldn't after feeding.
Suvarna prashan; swarn prashan sanskar; swarn bindu prashan.
Suvarna prashan (swarna prashana)
- Suvarna prashan (also called swarna prashana and swarna bindu prashana) is an ayurvedic technique to enhance immunity and improve the intelligence of children. Swarna prashana is an ancient health tonic for children. Swarna prashana acts on the mind, brain, immune system, and skin. It promotes growth and development, maintains health, builds resistance to infections by developing non-specific immunity, and improves complexion.
- The purpose of suvarna-prashan is same as of modern vaccination to prevent diseases by building immunity against bacteria and viruses. However, suvarna-prashan has no specific indications like an individual vaccine, but it improves the overall immunity of children.
- Swarna prashana is effective for precluding upper respiratory tract infections and preventing common cold and flu. It can also prevent other diseases later in the life. This concept has no limitation only to bacterial or viral infections.
- Suvarna-prashan also benefits in a proper brain development. It improves memory, intelligence, verbal and cognitive functions of the brain.
Suvarna prashan sanskar
Suvarna prashan sanskar is an immuno-modulatory technique and one of the ancient indian rituals used in indian medicine and hindu families for children.
Micro-fine and calcined gold particles, also called swarna (suvarna) bhasma, is used with medicated ayurvedic ghee (clarified butter) and honey in unequal amounts in this process.
Age for suvarna prashan
However, suvarna-prashan requires administration as early as possible. A child with age 0 to 16 years is eligible for taking swarna prashana.
However, the specific age of giving swarna prashana is not described in ayurvedic texts, but the early administration of suvarna-prashan is greatly helpful for building immunity and intelligence. The capacity to build immunity against various diseases and infections is higher in early childhood and 90% brain development takes place by the age of five.
Therefore, it would be good to give suvarna-prashan before an age of five for maximum benefits. Suvarna-prashan has great effects on brain and intelligence, but it would help more before the age of 5 years.
In case, you have missed giving suvarna-prashan to a child before the age of five, then you can give him/her up to the age of 16 years.
Time of swarna prashana administration
The best suitable time to give suvarna prashan (swarna prashana) to children is early morning before sunrise.
Ingredients of swarna prashana
The main ingredient of swarna prashana is swarna (pure gold). The ingredient list is as follows:
- Swarna bhasm
- Shankh pushpi
- Cow’s ghee
- Pure honey
Nowadays, swarna bhasma is used in swarna prashana, which has better safety profile and efficacy as compared to unprocessed gold. The process used for making bhasma reduces the possible unwanted effects and increases its effectiveness.
Ancient method of swarna prashana
The main method described in the kashyapa samhita is as follows:
Take small water and pure gold. Rub gold in the water on a clean grinding stone facing east direction.
Now, mix water and rubbed gold with honey and cow’s ghee.
This mixture is given to the child to increase non-specific immunity.
Dosage of swarna prashana
- Swarna prashan can be given every day as per the below chart –
- Infants to 6months – 1 drop every day/ 2drops on each pushya nakshtra
- 6 months to2 years – 2 drops every day/ on each pushya nakshtra
- 2 to 10 years – 4 drops every day/ on each pushya nakshtra.
- Above 10 years - 6 drops every day.
- The single dosage is also considered effective if taken immediately after birth or as soon as possible following the birth. It can be repeated every month for enhanced preventive effects.
- It is also recommended to use daily basis for 30 days to 6 months according to kashyapa samhita for the desired effects on immunity and intelligence. Obviously, the regular use will be more effective than single use. After 6 months, it should be stopped.
Duration of use
As discussed, single optimum dosage of swarna bindu prashana is also effective to prevent common infections, but 30 days’ regular use of swarna bindu prashana is helpful for preventing maximum of the diseases and increasing intelligence. You should continue giving swarna prashana to your child at least for 30 days. For more beneficial effects on the brain, it can be used for 6 months. According to kashyapa samhita, if swarna prashana is taken for a month, child becomes very intelligent. If it is taken for 6 months, child becomes able to learn quickly and remember whatever he hears. According to this statement, it is cleared that swarna prashana can be used for 6 months without any doubt.
Minimum usage for at least 30 days
- Maximum usage not clearly specified, but as per kashyapa samhita statement, it can be surely used for 6 months regularly.
- After a course of 30 to 180 days, you can give swarna prashana once in every month for next 30 months. Pushya nakshatra day is the best for monthly usage. It comes after every 27 days.
- Importance of pushya nakshatra for swarna prashna
- It is recommended that swarna prashna should be taken on pushya nakshatra. Pushya refers to nourishment and pushya nakshatra is one of the most auspicious of the 27 nakshatras. The symbol of pushya nakshtra is the cow udder. If observed on the pushya nakshatra, the stars in the sky appear in an arrangement that that creates cow udder. Cow udder is associated with nourishment and so the swarna prashna is taken on pushya nakshatra to get optimum nourishment and benefits. Swarna prashna can be consumed on any other day, however, the efficacy can vary and it may not be as effective as pushya nakshatra.
Medicinal value of suvarna prashan
Suvarna prashan has following healing properties, which increase its medicinal value for preventive as well as therapeutic purposes.
- Memory booster
Benefits of suvarna prashan
The health benefits of swarna prashana (suvarna prashana) are explained in an ancient classic textbook called “kashyapa samhita.” according to ayurvedic texts swarna prashana (suvarna prashana) shows following benefits.
1. Boosts immune system
Swarna prashana (suvarna prashana) contains pure gold in the form of ash and some other herbs that are known to enhance the immune power of the body. Infants and children up to the age of 5 years have a low immunity and hence are vulnerable to infections. Administration of swarna prashana (suvarna prashana) in recommended doses can help to build a strong immunity and reduce chances of common infections such as cough, cold and fever.
2. Enhances memory
Swarna prashana (suvarna prashana) can improve attention and the grasping power in children. It is also known to enhance the memory. Swarna prashana (suvarna prashana) seems to be very important for improving brain health in children.
3. Improves digestion
Swarna prashan accelerates the process of digestion and hence improves the absorption of essential nutrients from food. Many children often suffer from gastric discomfort and reduced appetite. Swarna prashan improves appetite and thus promotes healthy body growth.
4. Nourishes the skin
Good skin is a sign of good health. Swarna prashan expels the unwanted toxins from the body causing total body de-toxification. It also improves the blood circulation which further results in improved skin texture and imparts glow to the skin.
5. Reduces mental agitation
Swarna prashan can effectively reduce temper and tantrums. Due to its calming effects on mind, swarna prashana (suvarna prashana) seems extremely beneficial in children with special needs such as autism, learning difficulties, attention deficit disorder and hyper activity.
6. Improves hearing and vision
Swarna prashan is known to improve the sense of hearing and vision.
7. Improves overall physical and mental health
Swarna prashan improves the blood circulation in the body and also stimulates the nervous system, thereby leading to overall good physical and mental health.
Suvarna prashan has beneficial effects on nervous system and immune system. Therefore, it is very helpful for improving memory, retention powder, intelligence, intellect, cognitive functions of the brain. Secondly, it is also effective for improving immunity and preventing diseases. The third effect is on the skin. It improves skin glow and prevents skin diseases.