Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sivakamu DhandapaniYour feedback matters!
I have irregular bleedings from last 3 month. I have medical abortion three times earlier. I take pari vaccine for birth control before the irregular vaginal bleedings which advice by a doctor. I am taking medicine for my problems but not cured yet. What should I do ?
Hii, My age 20 I'm getting full pain during my periods is there any tablets to stop my pain ? My questions. 1) is there any side effects by using that tablets 2) how to use ? Pls. Explain in detail Pls help me, thanks in advance.
When ever my husband squeeze my breast after some time. It leaks with some milk. Even though I stop feeding 1 year back. Is it any prob? Kindly suggest remedy.
I am 40 years having irregular period i have thyroid also can I get pregnant I want to conceive but still not convinced please solve my problem.
My wife is a cancer patient (osteosarcoma) her chemotherapy is completed on 25thFebruary 2016 and her period resume on June 23, 2016 and in next month is on 18th July, 2016. We have unprotected sex after 26th day is there any chances of getting pregnant or is it safe for her. please reply soon.
I have little pelvic pain but ovarian cyst not there middle pain pelvic Urine infection not there pus cells 2-4 Any reason I have to worry this problem not did intercourse now I'm married lady 1 baby is there.
Missed femilon pills on 19th day of having it. That is week 3 and only 3 more pills left and I want to stop having pill and opt for another contraceptive measure. What should I do now?
To keep up good health, it is absolutely necessary for one to indulge in physical exercise or activities. Physical activities, in general, are linked to a host of good benefits, such as reduced stress and a healthier and better outlook, besides increasing the body's resistance against complications like heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes and muscle pain among others problems.
Similarly, the practice of yoga is an ancient tradition well known for its health benefits. In addition, walking can further complement the practice of yoga and they can together prove to be highly advantageous, to the extent where they can be possibly regarded a better alternative to the act of gyming.
Here are a few benefits of gym workouts followed by the benefits of yoga plus walking:
Benefits of gym and other exercises:
- Keep muscles fit
- Enhance respiration and perspiration
- Helps in weight loss
- Relieve stress
- Increase appetite and food consumption
Benefits of yoga and walking:
- Keep you active throughout the day
- Help bowel movement
- Increase mind control over the body
- Improve blood circulation
- Relieve anxiety and keeps one stress free
- Can be practiced anywhere and everywhere
Although it can be argued that gym workouts are better than yoga and vice-versa, the subject matter is highly ambiguous and debatable. Since both activities are good for your health, physically as well as mentally, it is very difficult to say which one is better; perhaps a detailed comparison of the differences between the two may be more helpful:
- While gymming and other exercises focus on building the body and helping you attain the desired body figure, yoga and walking aims at regulating the entire body mechanism, with more emphasis on mental control.
- While gym workouts may be more expensive, yoga requires minimal accessories and is therefore, more economically convenient.
- Yoga is suitable for people of all ages, whereas gymming and other intense physical activities are not advisable for old people or those with specific medical ailments like hypertension and heart problems.
- There are minimal withdrawal effects with yoga, in contrast to gym workouts.
- Gymming requires you to go to the gym, whereas yoga and walking can be done anywhere and everywhere.