Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
I have pain in my abdomen from last two week. I usually have less vision since last I get directly contact with the sun. I. Also have loose motion since last I attended a party of my brother marriage anniversary to reduce the the pain I had an Aristozyme though it relived a lot but it again started to pain it also causes anxiety which lead to the tension and depression all time whenever I get into study my head pains a lot and also I could not able to remember any term gor long time.
Hi I want ask with you question for me I have mentally problem when any one hearting me than I was cry and so angry and I feel I am alone in the world and I think about subside and I want live alone always any one not complete my wish than I was feeling sad actually in my childhood my parents left me in a hostel please give me a solution please.
Hi, my name is Abhishek, I am suffering from stress and depression now a days. I am 30 years old, done MCA and recently working as a freelance music producer which came out of my interest in Music. Work is ok but not getting enough money to entertain my family n daily needs. I need psychological help.
Depression is defined as a mental state, which is typified by pessimistic sense of insufficiency and a hopeless lack of activity. This state could be so severe that it may require clinical intervention. 'Relapse' is the term coined for the reappearance of signs of depression within six months after the patient has been cured of depression. The time period of depression relapse may be smaller than depression recurrence, but it is equally frightening in both the cases. It becomes very difficult for the patient to combat all the signs of depression and cope up with gloom, fatigue, bad temper etc. The person starts alienating himself from the rest of the world. So, it becomes necessary for him to follow an apt strategy to survive a depression relapse.
First of all, the patient suffering from depression relapse should immediately consult his or her therapist or psychiatrist and get an adequate treatment for the same. The treatment procedure may include intake of antidepressants and psychotherapy. While the treatment is carried on, you may require some tips to survive that time interval. Below are some guidelines for the same:
- Accept the Truth: Though it is never easy to acknowledge the state of mental illness, but it is the key to cope up with depression relapse. Accepting that depression would strike again and again would help you to deal with it.
- Identify the Symptoms of Depression Relapse: Instead of neglecting the initial signs of depression relapse, it is necessary to accept that depression has hit you again. It is better to leave your shame or guilt aside and consider it as a normal event. Immediately go and make your therapist aware of the symptoms you identified, so that remedial action could be taken accordingly. The first sign of depression relapse may differ from person to person. It may be lack of sensation or any sudden surge of energy. Although these changes may appear subtle but should be noted down and conveyed to your therapist.
- Seek help from others: Depression relapse gets easier to survive with the help of friends, family and loved ones. Open up about your mental state and talk freely to others. You will find that you are not alone. Constant support from your nearby people will prove very beneficial. They will keep reminding you the fact that, 'this too shall pass away'. Do not alienate yourself, instead try to socialize. Hang out with your friends and indulge in activities which bring you pleasure. Primarily it will be hard to seek joy by socializing but it will prove fruitful in the long run. Pursue your hobbies and try to relax.
Depression relapse occurs again and again, no matter how hard one tries to run away from it. So, it is better to accept this harsh truth and start following the above measures to survive Depression Relapse.
I was a very good student with sharp memory power. But ftom last 2 3 years my memory power is decreasing I am not able to remember things properly even not lectures. It is effecting my studies my exams my grades. Please give me some suggestions so that I can bring my memory power back. It is effecting my mental as well as social life.
I have a deep depression problem I am not able to concentrate on work and my friends and family not support to me. Please advise.
Quarrels are an integral part of any healthy and serious relationship. However, an overdose may lead to severed ties. It bruises your memory and leaves you too distraught to engage in an emotional attachment.
If you are struggling in your relationship, you might find it helpful:
- Empathize with your partner: The ability to empathize is what inhibits us from just going through life doing whatever we want, without any regard for others. It is what makes compromise in a relationship possible. If you realize that something you have done has hurt your partner, you will hesitate to do that again.
- To complain as least as possible: Keep low expectations from your partner. The most common reason for conflict in relationships is the list of expectations, which when left unfulfilled leads to complaining and nagging. What you do for your partner is what'you think is the right thing, but your partner may not hold the same perspective.
- Stop using labels: labeling is an indecent way of identifying the problem with your partner or with the relationship in general. You should neither brand yourself as something or your partner as something else. Associating critical adjectives with one another is a way of demeaning your lover and can dissuade your partner from communicating his or her viewpoint.
- Express yourself: Express thoughts, feelings, and wishes. Resentment can build when couples sweep things under the rug, so be vulnerable and don't bury negative feelings, but try to express them in a respectful way. Opening up to your partner can make you feel vulnerable and exposed, but it is the most important part of an intimate relationship.
- Try to rekindle the spark: Time, overburdening responsibilities or workload can make your relationship a routine affair. An element of secrecy and excitement is important. Therefore, desire should never take a backseat in your relationship. Try to fulfill your partner's desire and let him or her know about your expectations as well.