Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Sivaji

Psychologist, Chennai

500 at clinic
Dr. Sivaji Psychologist, Chennai
500 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning....more
I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning.
More about Dr. Sivaji
Dr. Sivaji is one of the best Psychologists in Hindu Mission Hospital, Chennai. Doctor is currently practising at Sri Chakra Multispeciality Hospital in Hindu Mission Hospital, Chennai. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. Sivaji on has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 33 years of experience on You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Sri Chakra Multispeciality Hospital

No 1,Civil Aviation Colony, Nanganallur,Landmark:Near E B Office & Hindu Mission Hospital, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
500 at clinic

Hindu Mission Health services

100 Feet Road, Hindu colony, Nanganallur, Land Mark: Near Ranga Theater, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Sivaji

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I am 21 now. And I've been smoking since I was 13. But now I've quite smoking. Can I reverse the effects of smoking or decrease them any how? Are physical exercises like yoga or running helpful?

Reparenting Technique, BA, BEd
Psychologist, Bangalore
Congratulations on quitting smoking. Yes, you will be ab; le to revert most of the effects of the habit. You should start vigorous exercises, gradually increasing it over a period of time. Do deep breathing exercises every time you feel like smoking (try yoga), and replace the oral urge with some healthy food substitute to satiate the need. You may also take hard candy or chew gum. If the urge is too strong, then use nicotine gums and nicotine patches, for a little while until the smoking drive reduces, substantially. You may also join smokers anonymous in your city where the support is really extraordinary for like-minded people who are also in the same situation. Keep yourself occupied or engaged with interesting activities during the times when it is most tempting. Keep the company of non-smokers for some time i. E. At least for the first 21 days. Above all announce it to everyone that you have quit smoking. You must persevere with the best support until you defeat this addiction. Counseling is very useful in the initial stages and when temptations are at their highest.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I loved someone till infinity but she simply said that she is committed with someone else. I tried my best to forget her but I can't. Now also whenever I use to see her pic tears brush out from my eyes and my mind starts thinking for committing a suicide but I don't want to do that because of my parents. Now there is another change in my behaviour that I have stopped talking with my parents relatives and friends. I don't want to be like this for my whole life please give me a solution for this problem I'm damn serious about this please help.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Masters in psychology counselling
Psychologist, Hyderabad
Dear lybrate-user, in teenage to till marriage love is very common, but every individual thinks that it is only his problem it is not, some people they express some people will not, when you love you need to build family 1. To have family life we need money 2. To earn money we need to have good job to get into this cycle, most important don't spoil your career
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I cant remember names and some time forgot what I want to talk or discuss. What does this mean and whom do I have to show myself to?

Post Graduate Diploma In Rehabilitation Psychology, M A Clinical Psychology
Psychologist, Bhopal
Dear Jayant Forgetting and difficulty to recall names, task at hand can be associated with inattention, being anxious, nervous & stressed out while trying to memorize/ recall. It may be due to cognitive disorders. What is your age? Have you suffered a big loss because of memory issues. You need to consult a psychiatrist/ psychologist to get to the root of your problem.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

MY brother is suffering from past two years from depression. He do self talking, get aggressive, hyper. Pls help me to resolve his problem.

M.Sc - Applied Psychology, MS - Counselling and Psychotherapy
Hello dear. There are several different forms of depressions-Major depression (also called major depressive disorder, Dysthymia disorder, Psychotic depression, Postpartum depression, Seasonal affective disorder (SAD). You should find a health care professional or a facility that treats patients with depression to know the real cause of depression. The main thing to keep in mind is to be compassionate. Encourage to talk to talk about how he feel without judging what is said. Encourage your brother to get a checkup from the family physician. While your brother may resist the idea of talking to a mental health professional about depression, but may regard the family doctor as a less threatening option. A general practitioner can diagnose depression and prescribe treatment, including making a referral to a licensed therapist or psychologist. Sometimes, having a professional make the suggestion is the key to getting someone to seek help. When talking to someone with severe depression, it’s important to remember that the person has a mental illness. Avoid using language that may be perceived as blaming the person, minimizing the situation or dismissing the circumstances. For example, instead of telling your brother to “just snap out of it,” or stating “It’s all in your head,” ask him if there is anything you can do to help him. Be compassionate, understanding and encouraging. The first line of treatment of depression is typically medication. Changes in brain chemistry may be responsible for the condition, and medication can help correct this issue. A doctor can recommend the right medication for your particular situation. Remember, though, that it does take time to work, so don’t give up if you don’t see improvement within the first week or two. Other things you can do to treat depression include exercising, controlling blood sugar levels and eating a healthier diet. These things can support your recovery effort and help prevent relapses. While a doctor will recommend various treatment options, at the end of the day, you must choose the best one for you. It can, however, be challenging deciding between depressive disorder solutions, especially if you’ve never suffered from the condition before. Think about the outcome you want to achieve, and factor in your personal preferences. For instance, you may want to get rid of the depression but don’t want to use pharmaceutical drugs. Talk to your healthcare provider about options that don’t involve medication, such as over-the-counter supplements and lifestyle changes. Finally its you and your family members who have to play a key role in helping your brother out of depression. Try taking him for a walk every day in a park Let him be close to nature Ask him to walk on green grass. Try to make him listen to Indian classical music Do things that makes your brother happy, it can be making his favorite dish or playing his favorite song/s etc. Playing with children even helps Make him feel that he is not alone and you and others are with him always no matter what happens. Print his favorite picture, can be a family photo or your pic with your brother and frame it and hung it on his room. When you feel that he is cooperating ask him to join yoga classes or laughter classes (you can also join him) Try becoming his Buddy so that he can open up and discuss things with you and crack jokes Play outdoor games like basket ball or badminton with him This all will require patience and time so don’t get frustrated. In the mean time consult your family doctor and do what he says and do see that he is taking medicines regularly if he is kept on medication. Good Luck.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am taking depran 10 since last 14 years now this medicine is not working properly I am taking this med due to depression know what will I do?

D.P.M(psychiatry) [Diploma in Psychological medicine] , MBBS
Psychiatrist, Jalna
Hi , you may need to increase the dose of depran under supervision of your doc. Consult privately if further needed. Take care.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

How to control depression? All of sudden I get depressed and lost of interest during happy time also.

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician,
Depression needs antidepressant medicines . You can try meditaion and yoga as self treatment before going for medication
Submit FeedbackFeedback

If I eat a bit spicy food or hot food, My tongue is burning. I take 3 pegs of alcohol on an average a day. 3 Cigarettes on an average a day.

MD - Psychiatry
Psychiatrist, Chennai
Daily alcohol would produce liver damage and also other organs, smoking though u do less, still increases the risk for various cancers
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 37 years female suffering frm mental disturbance. I usually forget things. Its rm lst 5/6 months. I go to market n sometimes forget why I came here. I can't even concentrate on things .I hv lost faith in god tooo. please help.

Homeopath, Ajmer
This is not a mental disturbance. This is only because of your environmental disturbance. Environment around like your home or your work place etc. Become very disturb so because of this you are stressed that's why you forgot. Just relax change your environment. Do meditation and i'm sure you feel good. Take care.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from stammering from last 8 years. I want to be free from this problem.

General Physician, Chandigarh
You consult a good speech therapist he will be able to help you out of this problem and as you are saying it started only 8years back, there are good chances of recovery also.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I think I have mental illness, because I can not concentrate in my career or day to day normal activity, its very difficult to fall asleep, m getting annoyed and irritated very quickly, any kind problem triggers me to suicidal thoughts, not able to deal with any kind of problem, emotional very weak. Please suggest me what to do?

Psychologist, Delhi
Dear Lybrate user thanks for the query. We all have vast potential in our inner soul what we need is to realise and utilise this potential .the details provided by you indicates that you have lot of energy what you need to channelise this energy in right direction. Any professional can help you in this .if you need my help online you can contact me online. First of all stop fighting with yourself and don't focus on this topic that I cannot this I am emotionally weak etc .its not about weak or strong its your nature ,everyone has different nature no one can say that its right and its wrong. It is only the way we see that situation let us take one example one boy whose mother is dying and by taking one medicine she can alive but the boy has no money then he stole the medicine from the shop as per as law he is wrong but as per as son's point of view he is right. So respect yourself, make some good friends, be social as much as you can, when you start to study or start to do some work say to yourself that at present I will do only this work and when thought runs again say same thing slowly you will get rid off from this thoughts but it can't be in one day, when some thing irritates you or some negative thought runs then full your mouth with air and then exhale do at least 15-20 times ,share your feelings with someone. Take care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time. Please help me.

MBBS, MD - Psychiatry
Psychiatrist, Mumbai
It is natural to feel low and miss the person you have lost. However if it is interfering with your sleep, studies or general well being, or if you feel suicidal, you need to consult a psychiatrist. It is common to feel low, cry, feel like you are alone, or lose your self confidence. Usually time is the best healer. However if things are too difficult to handle you should talk to a psychiatrist or counselor. Confide in someone close to you, who will support you in this difficult time. Don't cut off from friends or family, even if you feel like you want to be alone.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

(MRCPSYCH-UK), MD - Psychiatry, MBBS
Psychiatrist, Hyderabad
Anticipation of stress and preparing oneself for anticipated stressful life events prevents anxiety and stress related disorders.
For example: like one prepares for mock tests well ahead in time before the main exam or even spot exams, in a similar way anticipate life stressors. For example, if one is 30yrs old - mid career, anticipate financial stress and plan for it. Anticipate BP or Diabetes in Mid Forties and start changing lifestyle now. Anticipate heart disease and operation in Mid- fifties, anticipate illhealth of other family members, anticipate financial stress about children's education, children leaving home in your sixties, anticipate mobility problems in late 60's and 70's.
Anticipate and prepare for health insurance etc.
Despite all this planning expect any sudden life events. Taking time for yourself - building your skills, exercising, enjoyable hobbies, playing a small role in society and leading a balanced simple life can alleviate lots of stress related illness and anxiety disorders and of course LESS MEDICAL BILLS.

Am 23yeas old. Need to help, my body weight is 56 kg only and my height is 184 cm am very smile how to improve my weight, and also am daily 3 times masturbations I can't control my self. Now what we do? How to rectified these all problems?

Masters in Clinical Psychology
Psychologist, Lucknow
Your height and weight problem is not because of masturbation first get that clear, other than that take proper diet, nutrition your weight will increase do gymming/ exercise. Etc.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a law student and I want to apply for UPSC examination in near future but the thing is I get stressed as soon as I see huge syllabus and I start avoiding preparation and panic at the last moment. Is there anyway of staying motivated and concentrated for long time. Please help.

B.A. Psychology, M.A. Psychology, Ph. D - Psychology
Psychologist, Delhi
If you are really serious about appearing for the UPSC exams and you can not think of anything besides this , put it up on a sheet of paper and put it somewhere you can see it all the time. Secondly, organise and plan - divide the entire content into smaller chunks. Remember, you cannot know everything, so start with the minimum that you need study . Set targets for what you wish to complete in a month, further divide it into what you would want to finish in a week and then set your daily targets. Setting up daily target, makes things more manageable and helps you focus. Have lots of water, fresh fruits and salads , avoid fried and junk foods and exercise daily- this helps you be more alert and energetic.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My wife always sad. She is afraid of a bad financial future. I am retiring by june. Whatever consolation I give, she did not recover. She is 46.

BAMS, MD Ayurveda
Sexologist, Lonavala
you can go for following remedy it will help you Natural home remedy using cardamom seeds: 1. Crush 3-4 cardamom seeds to powder 2. Take ½ tsp of this cardamom powder 3. Add to 1 glass of water 4. Mix well 5. Sieve the mixture 6. Drink 1 glass every day This remindy will be helpful.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm not able to concentrate and get distracted very easily and I feel very bored. What should I do?

BASM, MD, MS (Counseling & Psychotherapy), MSc - Psychology, Certificate in Clinical psychology of children and Young People, Certificate in Psychological First Aid, Certificate in Positive Psychology
Psychologist, Palakkad
Dear lybrate-user, welcome to lybrate. You must be able to understand concentration, attention span, recollection and distraction. If you are able to watch a movie for two hours continuously, if you are able to play a game for an hour, then you do not have any concentration problems. You can't be attentive towards your studies because you are not interested in it. You are able to watch movie and play game because you are interested in it. Human cannot be attentive towards anything for more than 10 minutes. If the task is boring, it is natural that that person will sleep or feel sleepy. Then you should study in such a way that your attention is continued and make the subjects are interesting to you. Effective learning techniques should help you. Recollection depends on anxiety, stress and other physical and circumstantial factors. Distractions while studying are plentiful. You should be able to overcome distractions or avoid distractions. Please understand the above. Change your study style and attitude accordingly.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have some time morning erection some time not. Why? My hormone level are OK and scoterm ultrasound is ok. Doctor said it is due to anxiety.

BASM, MD, MS (Counseling & Psychotherapy), MSc - Psychology, Certificate in Clinical psychology of children and Young People, Certificate in Psychological First Aid, Certificate in Positive Psychology
Psychologist, Palakkad
Dear lybrate-user. Anxiety and obsession related erectile dysfunction is normal. That happens when you expect too much. Do not even think about morning sex atleast for a month. You will be alright. Take care.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Having lots of hair fal day by day please hlp, it must have been four months of this problem hv happened center part is almost hve disappeared and due to this m going into a deep depression.

CBT, Master in Family Counselling
Psychologist, Gurgaon
Going in to depression will not help for hair growth. Meet a doctor and go for treatment a few times it's genetic or it could be due to some infection.
4 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I just broke up with my fiancee who also happens to be my business partner. We were living in. Still have to see him everyday after he coldly walked out on me (rather asked me to move out of my house as his parents were living with us). His issues with me were blown out of proportion by his parents resulting in a bad break up. I hv quit my start up with him. Am job hunting. I'm 29 and i'm scared I won't find a good life partner now. I'm depressed. I get anxiety attacks.

M.B.B.S., F.I.C.A. (USA), P.G.D.I.H, F.C.G.P., D.C.A.H
Psychiatrist, Vadodara
Have self respect, this person doesn't deserve you, also you are fortunate that you didn't marry him, and you got timely reminder. Just relax and move on in life, throw them out of your house and don't give them your house. Don't bow down to his dictates, and understand what would have been the situation if you married him. Be quick, relax you will find good partner and man of your life. If you cant handle yourself meet an expert marriage and relationship coach.For further assistance you can concern me privately.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed