Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Siva Shankar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Siva ShankarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from prostate -as per psr it is .84 I am taking allopathic tablet for this. I am having problem of frequent urine. Is there some ayurvedic medicine to cure this for ever I r goel.
My father was ill for more than a week. The fever went upto 105 .now though my father has recovered but the ultra sound reveals some urine remains in the bladder which is creating infection. Now my father is getting very lethargic. He is complain of weakness and prefers to sleep day and night. He is also suffering from alzemeir. Pl advice.
As per USG Report I have multiple polyps in my urinary bladder. Blood comes out with urine intermittently. What should I do.
I am 21 years old. I am having burning sensation while urinating. Most probably its gonorrhea. Which medicine should I take?
When I do toilet after some seconds when I wash it some drops are coming and when I again wash it some few drops come more is it any problem. Please suggest me good food or fruit.
I heard kidney stones comes out through urine! they will come out as powder or in stone form? And best medicine to dissolve kidney stones.
Hi, I have frequent urination these days. Odour of my urine smells odd. What could be the possible cause and what would be the solution for this. Thanks.
Hi doctor, I has take a medical check up . Problem detected below. DIRECT LDL CHOLESTEROL - 131 MG/ DL CREATININE (SPECTROPHOTOMETRY)- 0.07 MG/DL BILIRUBIN, TOTAL - 1.10 MG/DL HYDEROXYVITAMIN D - 25.86 NG/ML please suggest as per above results. My age is 27 years old.
One single kidney in place of two is a scenario which is often termed as solitary kidney.
Who has a solitary kidney?
- Their body functions normally and are generally not unhealthy. This is also known as renal agenesis.
- In some cases, people are born with two kidneys with just one of them healthy and fully functional. The other one does not function fully or partially. This condition is known as kidney dysplasia.
- A person who had to undergo a kidney removal surgery (nephrectomy); such a surgery is conducted when a person has an infected kidney or diseased, malfunctioning/cancerous growths on the kidney.
- A person who has donated a kidney to someone who required kidney transplantation.
What potential health risks does a person with a solitary kidney have?
- Normally, a person born with a single kidney does not have any such potential health risks. They are generally healthy and lead normal lives.
- Later in life, there may or may not be slight loss or degradation in the functioning of the kidney.
- The life span of a person with a single kidney is normal. There is no apparent effect on the mortality rates.
What kind of special diet must a person with a single kidney follow?
- There is no need of any such special diet for a person with a single kidney.
- Normal healthy balanced diet with all the essential nutrients should suffice.
- You must be careful about your animal protein intake and calcium supplements.
- Drink sufficient quantity of water to remain hydrated all day and prevent the urine from turning acidic.
- Controlled consumption of alcohol and caffeine is a must. It is also important to reduce the consumption of aerated drinks.
Exercises and Physical activities for a person with a single kidney:
- A person with a solitary kidney can function like any other normal individual.
- You may also participate in sports. However, you must take enough precaution to prevent injuries to your kidney. Proper padding and protection around your lower abdominal region and back is of utmost necessity.
- You can hit the gym, run a marathon and nothing is impossible for you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.