Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Siva Sankar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Siva SankarYour feedback matters!
My mother has suffering from diabetes last 22 years and now she is very weak, back pain, eye problem and joint pain. Before 5 days her sugar fasting is 408. And pps is 430 and also urine infection. So, I request to you please say what can I do.
I have bubbles in my urine for 20 days. I consult doctor and he did urine r/e test which is normal. After this he said all ok No worry. But I am not satisfied. I did ultrasound it shows My prostate is 27.8gm and volume is 25cc. My post void urine is 47cc. Again I consult my doctor. Again he said it is normal. He give me ciproflaxin for 10 days. And I do not have bubbles in my urine after this. But Prostate gives me alot of stress. I do not have any urinary symptoms. Is my prostate enlarged in size? I am 25 years old and suffering from lot of stress. Is my prostate enlarged due to stress? Is ir comes in original size 20gm instead of 27.8gm when stress gone? please give your valuable advice.
How stones are formed?
- The kidney functions as the body’s filters in removing wastes from the body through urine.
- Most of the waste is in the form of salts and when there is excessive salts and reduced amount of water, there could be formation of crystals or stones in the kidneys.
- Reduced amount of urination
- Blood in the urine due to damage of the urinary tract structures
- Painful urination with burning sensation
- Swollen abdomen
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Fever and chills
Benefits of homeopathic remedies
Kidney stones are highly likely to be recurrent. A number of factors contribute to their formation. Homeopathy aims at treating the whole body and not just dissolving the stones. It offers various remedies, which ensure the stones are completely dissolved and also prevent recurrence.
- Berberis Vulgaris is prescribed for the following conditions:
- Very useful in left-sided stones where patient experiences pain radiating to the ureter, bladder, and urethra and down to the thighs.
- Burning sensation with urination
- Slightly red or green urine with mucus (increased consistency of urine)
- Increase in pain with any kind of physical movement
- Soreness in the lumbar region of the kidneys
- Cantharis is suitable for the following conditions:
- Paroxysms of renal colic with cutting and stabbing pains
- Severe pain before and after urination in the urethral area
- Constant urge to urinate, but very little flow
- No relief even after sitting and straining
- Bloody urine (slightly pinkish tinge), if there is damage to internal structures
- Sharp tearing pain when this damage happens
- Thirst and aversion to all fluids
- Lycopodium is one of the most reliable homeopathic medicines for right-sided kidney stones.
- Works better for right-sided stones, where it dissolves them completely
- Severe backache experienced by the affected person prior to passing urine, which reduces after urination
- Great urge to urinate, even at night
- Presence of sediments (red or yellow) in the urine
- Abdominal bloating with distention along with right-sided kidney pain
- Hydrangea, also referred to as the stone breaker, reduces chances of recurrence of kidney stones in the following conditions:
- Right-sided pain
- Blood-tinged urine
- Increased frequency of urination
- Lots of white sediments in the urine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Good mrng docter. I am suffering from U. T. I from last 1month. I am taking cefixime+ofloxacin combination bd along with alkasier also. Earlier I had balofloxacin also. But still I am passing urine so painfully. I am having renal calculas also. Please suggest me some remedy.
I'm 30 years old and my wife is 24 years she had urinary infection which was diagnosed as bacteria e-coli, Dr. Advised the medicines. It got cured and when we had sex my penis skin also gets infection or rashes, and white viscous liquid oozes out, it had happened many times repeatedly. On taking medicine it gets cured and later on it happens again on having sex. Even Dr. Gave medicines to both of us, but could not get it cured, kindly help.
Hi I am 25 male, since a couple of days I am having a bit of unease in the anal area I am had tight motion but I used tablet for bowel movements and now it's fine but slight unease in sleeping for long hours or if I sit in same place for couple of hours don't have any pain Please help me in this regards.
I am 3rd week pregnancy. I am going to urine 10to 12 times a day. Is it good or bad. N which side I should sleep. What should I take for healthy baby.
Hello Dr. I am 45 years old. I am suffering from burning sensation in my lower abdomen. Recently I went for my complete urine examination, it shows that every thing is in normal range. Except 10_ 15 pus cells are more. Please. Suggest remedy. Thank you.
I have been suffering from frequent urination. My urine re report +++ urine culture report good one doctor prescribe me urimax 0.4 my urine frequent go larger. I have been drink 5ltrs water daily in summer and 2 ltrs water daily in winter urine flow is good no burning in urination. please tell me urine stop or normal urination medicine. I consult lot of doctor they can not cure it please cure it I can not sit on my business.
I am suffering from fissure. It 's on beginning stage. I feel itching around anus. How can it be cure.
I am rahul raj vardhan I have a question regarding health issue I hv stone in both my kidney about 7 mm. Which medicine and home remedies I have to prefer for removal of this.
I can see my lower abdomen getting enlarged suddenly though I have eaten fruits or even very little food either. Less urge to urinate, when I keep thinking of going to washroom then only it signals the bladder sometimes. Sometimes burning sensation while peeing, and some structures are seen in urine, with epithelial cells content 15- 20.
I have to strain a bit sometimes to start urination. After that it is normal. have this problem since birth. Is that any major problem?
I am 6 month pregnant in the last few days I had sex with my husband but from yesterday I feel like burning while urinating & its also paining. So kindly advise I am already taking medicines as usual during pregnancy.
My daughter is 10 days old. Her left kidney contains multiple non communicating cysts largest measuring 28 mm. What is the treatment of this disease?
What are the functions of the kidney?
The kidneys filter waste and excess fluid from the blood. As kidneys fail, the waste accumulates in the body. The two most important enzymes, which kidney makes are erythropoietin & renin. Erythropoietin are made by the kidneys if there is less oxygen in the blood. It tells the bone marrow to make more red blood cells. So this means there will be more oxygen carried in the blood.
Renin is made by the kidney if there is low blood pressure, low volume of blood, or too low salts in the blood Renin make the blood vessels smaller and tells the adrenal gland to make aldosterone. It also makes a person feel thirsty and all of this makes the blood pressure go up. Since Kidney plays a very important role in the overall functioning of the body, it’s very important to take care of its health.
Let’s have a look on various kind of kidney disease including the one which are chronic:
- Kidney stones
- Kidney Infections
- Congenital Kidney disease
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- Hypertensive Nephropathy
Now what is Chronic Kidney Disease?
Chronic kidney disease include conditions that damage your kidneys and decrease their ability to keep healthy by doing the jobs listed, if it gets worse, wastes can build to high levels in the blood and make person sick.
Chronic kidney disease is caused by diabetes, high blood pressure and other disorders.
What causes chronic kidney disease?
The two main causes of chronic kidney disease are diabetes & high blood pressure which are responsible for up to two third of the cases. Other conditions that affect the kidney are:
1. A group of diseases that cause inflammation and damage to the kidney’s filtering unit.
2. Inherited disease such as poly cystic kidney disease.
3. Malformation that occur as a baby develop in mother’s womb.
4. Lupus and other disease that affect the body’s immune system.
5. Repeated urinary infections.
What are the symptoms of chronic kidney disease?
1. Feel more tired and have less energy
2. Have trouble concentrating
3. Poor appetite
4. Trouble sleeping
5. Muscle cramping at night
6. Swollen feet and ankles
7. Puffiness around the eyes especially in the morning
8. Dry itchy skin
9. Need to urinate more often, especially at night.
In case of the similar symptoms one needs to get it diagnosed and connect with the physician for good care and treatment. Stay Healthy!