Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Siva PrasadYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 26 years old, from last 6 months my hair fall increased a lot. Am working in mnc from last 2 years. Can you please help me.
I have big spots on my whole body and itches me what I have to do and my one of my friend has gas problem very badly.
Hair fall continuously from 1year I used lot of medicine but result nothing I also used special type of soap like ocana.
What is the root cause for Dandruff? I am suffering from this issue, and also I see some white stuff (probably Dandruff on my eye lashes ) How to reduce or get rid of this ? Please advise.
My inner body skin is white but my face, neck,upper arms are very dark. I have played alot in sun during my childhood. From that time my skin gets dark. Now I fully avoid sun. And I hate sunscreen cream. Please help to solve my problem without using sunscreen.
Sir, I 45 years old. My hair all-most fall due to dandruff. I use head and holder shampoo. But not cured. And falling rate increasingly.
I am 33 year old. Earlier my hair length was average but I just started having them long as I want to have some hair style with long hair but hair fall started lately. I am using Head.
Dr. Meri body par guthliya horhi hai yeh takriban 5 ya 6 sal se hai phele ek ya 2 thi abhi kafi jyada ho gyi hai in me dard nhi hota hai alopathic doctor kehte hai ki inka aalopath me koi treatment nhi hai meri age 28 year hai.
70% of our body is made up of water. This clear fluid is essential not only for a good digestive system, but also for clear, glowing skin. Keeping your skin hydrated by drinking enough water can help prevent a number of skin conditions ranging from acne to dry skin.
- Ideally, a person should drink 8-10 glasses of water a day to stay hydrated. Since the skin is the last organ to receive water from the digestive system, drinking less water will lead to your skin being dehydrated. These 10 glasses of water should be spaced out evenly through the day. This is because the body can absorb a limited amount of water at a time.
- The skin is the largest organ in the human body and is made up of cells and tissues. Like any other cell in the human body, skin cells primarily consist of water. If not hydrated enough these cells will not be able to function optimally. This makes the skin lose its elasticity and turn dry and flaky. Dry skin is more prone to fine lines, wrinkles and other such signs of ageing.
- Hydrated skin is firm and elastic and thus is less likely to have open pores. The lesser the number of open pores, the fewer the irritants that will enter the skin and hence the lower your chance of having pimples and blemishes.
- Water also balances the oil levels in the skin. Too little oil can make the skin dry while too much oil can cover the skin in a layer and lead to clogged pores. Water helps reduce the concentration of oil in the skin and hence helps prevent breakouts.
- The food you eat and your digestive health also plays an important role in your skin’s health. Water helps the digestive system move smoothly and flushes out toxins from the body. This keeps irritants that could cause skin ailments at bay.
- Water also affects the quality and lustre of your hair. Hair soaks up water and moisture from its roots. If not kept hydrated, hair becomes brittle and dry. Lack of water can also affect the rate of hair growth. Drinking enough water is also beneficial in fighting against dandruff and Dermatitis Seborrhea.
Along with keeping your skin hydrated by drinking water, it is also important to hydrate the skin externally. For this, moisturising your skin is crucial. Pick a moisturiser that matches your skin type and see your skin glow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.