Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Siva PrasadYour feedback matters!
Sir, what happened when anyone test result is Hyperplastic leukoplakia. Which type of test is this? This test is related to my father lip muscles. My father age is 58 yrs.
I am 24 yr old girl nd my problem is lot of acen and dark circle, blemishes on my skin, this problem I have last 10 year. please give me solution.
I saw some acne on bottom of my feet before 2 day. Its very painful I am unable to walk. What type of reason behind it. What should I do?
I am losing hair quickly and I have tried all shampoos but nothing happens can you please tell me something to do.
Im having dark circles and want to get rid of them, I'm getting married in another 4 months. Can someone suggest a good treatment to cure my dark circles. I follow good diet, make sure I drink about 4ltrs water and get ample sleep.
Hi I'm a male or boys wat should I eat or have I'm the afternoon or in lunch to keep myself healthy and my skin healthy and glowing and clear and beautiful please tel me plz.
I am 26 years old male I have dirty black sign on the surface of the mouth. It give me pain when I compress on it. Please tell me a process to became healthy.
I am 26 years old female and I have a 3 year old baby boy. My nails are splitting up in layers. What could be the problem? And suggest me any hone remedies to cure.
I am suffering from epilepsy and using encorate chrono 500 (2) . What shall I do to cure this disease. Also I am gaining weight and have hairfall.
I have an itchy scalp since more than a week. I do not have dandruff or any bug in my hair. I have a dry and frizzy hair type. What should I do to stop this itchiness?
I am 22 yr old. My hands and legs are darker than my other body parts. How can I remove this darkness?
I am a 27 year old female. I have acne on my cheeks and chin (pink and painful) which leaves black marks. I have healthy eating habits and lifestyle. Also, I have temper fluctuations and varying energy levels (ranging from very weak to moderate) before the occurrence of the acne. Oral dosage of minocycline/ azithral over continued period suppresses the occurrence of acne for a month or so. Soon after the medicine is stopped, acne reoccurs. I am very frustrated with this issue and till now no dermatologists (consulted at least 4-5) have been able to cure it. Should I see a gynecologist (considering hormonal imbalance causing the acne)?
I have etching problem in my body and too many rashes also. I used some medicine but didn't work for longer.
Hi, I'm 26 year old. I was facing itching in my foot from 2 days and unable to sleep whole night. Can you please suggest me how to cure it.
In Ayurveda, acne is known as YouvanaPidaka, where Youvana is youth and pidaka is skin eruption. Acne is related to both facial skin health and hormones and with Ayurvedic treatment; you can actually get rid of these.
Before you get treated for acne, you must know the causes of getting acne.
Causes of Acne:
According to Ayurveda, the following reasons may result in eruption of 'pidaka'.
- Too much intake of fried food that vitiates Pitta and Kapha.
- Using cosmetics that directly affect the facial skin.
- Waking until late night resulting in imbalance of bodily functions.
- Anxiety and stress that lead to imbalance in metabolism and release toxins.
- Changes that take place within the body during adolescence.
- Family history
All these may lead to over production of sebum that clogs the pores. Sometimes bacteria are also responsible for acne.
Hormonal imbalance is another cause that leads to acne on the face.
Treatment of Acne with Ayurveda:
There are certain things that can be followed at home so that you can keep your skin clean and clear.
- Wash your face thoroughly with Luke warm at least three to four times a day.
- Using herbs that are useful in detoxifying and blood purification. For instance, neem and turmeric have anti-bacterial effect that cleanses the area with acne and helps them heal quickly.
- Applying sandal wood or turmeric pastes that are complexion enhancer.
- Mind smoothening medicines and coolants.
- If there is hormonal imbalance, then get a therapy for balancing hormone.
There are different herbs that are useful for treating acne. They are
- Turmeric or haridra: it helps in reducing the oily nature of the skin and adds luster to the skin.
- Neem or Nimba that is well known for its blood purification properties.
- Berberis Aristata or daruharidra that helps in reducing the acne scars and helps to get a glow on the face.
- Hemidesmusindicus or sariva that is a good blood purifier.
- Sandal wood or chandan for treating the acne with a soothing effect.
- Red sandal wood or raktachandana that purifies the blood and improves the blood circulation.
- Nutmeg or jathiphala for reducing the scar marks of acne.
- Indian Gooseberry or amlaki that nourishes both skin and the blood.
- Ashwagandha, Shatavari, Ashoka that are well known for treating hormonal imbalance.
By adding these in your diet and stopping fried foods, you can see changes in the acne marks. However, still if you find that they are there, rush to an expert for better advice.