Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Siva Kumar PandianYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I want to ask you about blood pressure I am having low blood pressure so can you please tell me that what to do.
Sir me kuch time se lebotrip25 mg. Pentacoside dsr. Le raha hu. Kyoki muje left side chest me barripan kichabh. Becheni ho rahi. Se preshan hu is tab let se tik rahta hu. Ab aap bataye kitane time tak le sakta hu. Yaah aap koi achi medicine batto jis se fayedha ho skta hai meri thyroid profile thik. Hai. Whole blood report tik hai. Ecg tik hai. Lapid profile mildley deanger. Bus.
My chest left side is paining sine last 3 weeks and I am not able to sleep properly please help me with it.
Hello my age is 25, and I have high blood pressure amd I am taking medicine "amlip 5" since 1.5 year and it is our family heredity. What is d reason behind my high bp and can it be a completely cure? My sugar, cholesterol, thyroid all in normal level.
I am 31 years old with 100 kg of weight, last month I undergone heart surgery stent replacement because I got heart attack. I am working in marketing I have to travel daily 120 km in bike, I have to meet various customers, I will be exposed to smoke, dust etc. Its safe to travel in bike.?
Cholesterol is either ingested in the food (about 25% ) we eat and some of it is produced by our body (remaining 75%). Cholesterol is needed by the body to produce steroid hormones and bile acids. It is an aspect that is required by the body and if in too much quantity, the same can cause havoc in the body. The best is to maintain the right balance of cholesterol in our diet. The same requires life style and dietary modifications.
The first step in creating your low cholesterol diet plan is to eliminate foods high in saturated fat and bad cholesterol.
Low cholesterol foods diet mainly includes:
High-Fiber Diet- Soluble fiber reduces bad cholesterol. Good food sources are oatmeal, fruits and vegetables.
Cooking oil- Fats makes about 30 % of your days in take. A combination of oils work the best. Foods rich in saturated fats are butter, ghee, cream, and cheese. These need to be taken in moderation or avoided. Avoid fried foods. Not more than 10% of total calories should be from Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (PUFA) and the remaining should be from Monounsaturated Fatty Acids (MUFA). The best sources of PUFA are plant based oils , sunflower, corn, soybean, cottonseed and safflower. MUFA are found in the largest amounts in olive, canola, mustard, almond and peanut oils.
Avoid Trans fats- Read labels carefully and do not re use oil used for frying.
Go lean- Choose lean meat and fish. Fish is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. Foods high in omega 3 help you lower down the risk of cardio-vascular disease. Tuna and salmon are a good source of omega-3 to name a few.
Eat a wide range of fruits and vegetables- This will help ensure that your body meets all the vitamins and nutrient requirement. Fruits and vegetables are relatively low in calories. Apples and pears are known for soluble fiber, which reduces bad cholesterol levels. It is best that you eat good quantities of the same.
Include low fat dairy products-Avoid ghee, cheese, cream, paneer and butter. Opt for lighter and healthier options.
Exercise well - Exercise at least 30 mins per day. Workout will help you burn extra fat resulting in lowering cholesterol levels.