Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Siva BalaYour feedback matters!
As doctors by kidney is function less. Even I have kidney stone issue and my creatine is 4.3 as of today. I am diabetics and having BP. Kindly advice. Also, some doctors say, ayurvedic medicine damages more kidney. Please advice.
The urologic system includes all problems related to the urinary system including the kidneys, bladder, ureters, urethra, and the prostate. These problems could range from trauma, injury, inflammation, infections, and muscular problems like overactive bladder, prostate hypertrophy, sexual disorders (candidiasis, erectile dysfunction, etc.), tumors or overgrowths, infections of any part along the entire tract, and even erectile dysfunction.
Let us quickly look at the most common ones kidney stones, urinary tract infections, prostate enlargement, erectile dysfunction, and vaginal candidiasis.
- Kidney stones: These are calcium deposits, which can seat themselves in any part of the kidney and sometimes even in the ureter. These can cause significant sharp, shooting pain in the back of the abdomen. The pain is almost diagnostic, and while small stones may pass on their own, others may require shock wave lithotripsy to break the bigger ones into smaller ones, which can then pass on their own through urine. Dietary modifications may also be required to prevent the formation of stones, as most people tend to have recurrence of stones.
- Prostate hypertrophy: One of the most common problems faced by ageing men is benign prostatic enlargement (BPH). There would be a constant urge to urinate, simultaneous difficulty initiating a stream and a feeling of incomplete emptying. These happen more at night, and diagnosis is very easy, any elderly male who shows these symptoms is almost diagnostic of BPH. This requires a standard surgical procedure known as transurethral resection of the prostate, which is a same-day surgery and quite non-complicated.
- Urinary tract infections: This is one of the most common infections, which can be acquired from the use of public bathrooms and unhygienic bathroom practices. There is chance for infection of the entire tract starting from the urethra to the ureter, the bladder, and the kidney. These run the course of any infection. Treatment is usually with a course of oral antibiotics along with symptomatic treatment of the other symptoms like fever, muscle ache, etc. In very rare cases, systemic antibiotics may be required.
- Erectile dysfunction: One of the most common, but undisclosed male sexual problem is erectile dysfunction. There is inability of the male to achieve and/or sustain an erection, sufficient to have a satisfactory sexual intercourse. This has both physical and psychological reasons, and may also be due to hormonal imbalance. Very often, a discussion with a counselor would be required to treat the couple, as involving the partner is very important.
- Vaginal candidiasis: The normal vaginal flora is very rich with the fungi Candida, and when immunity is low, candidiasis develops. There could be symptoms like foul-smelling discharge, itching, and redness. A course of topical antifungal agents is usually effective in treating this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
She is suffering from urinal infection. Doctor said her kidney size is increased. Doctor said she can drink fruit juices more but do not drink coconut water more than 1 coconut. What is difference between fruit juice & coconut water on function of kidney.
I am suffering from kidney stone pain for the last 4 year. After taking medicine long time old stone remove but after some time again new stone come .Not taking more liquid. Suggest me what to do. Homeopathy medicine can help me or not.
I have annal fisser from 1 month and I use ointment on it. Mere fisser se pani type ka kicha aata h geela geela sa rahta h udar. To kya fisser se pani ya mavad type ka kucha aa sakta h kya? Please tell me I am in tension due to this problem.
I have to know a kidney stone pain create at my back bones I getting pain back bones as periodic between 15 to 20 days I had two kidney Stone at left side kidney. Ones has follow down by tamsulosin get that tab as urologist advice.
I am a 30 year old male suffering form kidney stone for last 5 years use homeopathic medicine after that 2 small size stone come out through urine and stone size 7mm is inside causing pain. What should I do.?
A kidney stone is a hard, crystalline mineral development, which forms within the kidney or the urinary tract. It is called nephrolithiasis in medical terms. Kidney stones occur due to the decrease in urine volume or due to an excess of substances in the urine which are stone-forming in nature. Dehydration is considered to be a primary risk factor for kidney stones too.
Causes of kidney stones:Kidney stones develop when the urine contains increased amounts of crystal forming substances. They include calcium, oxalate and uric acid in amounts which the fluid in the urine cannot dilute. Your urine may also lack the substances which help in prevention of crystals from sticking to each other, thereby enhancing the conditions for kidney stones to form.
The balance of your urine can change due to several factors:
- Not drinking sufficient amount of water makes the salts, minerals and other substances present in the urine to stick together, which may lead to the formation of a stone.
- The normal urine balance may get disrupted due to several health conditions, which lead to kidney stone formation. Diseases such as gout or certain inflammatory bowel diseases can also cause kidney stones.
- Many cases of kidney stones are hereditary and run in families, affecting family members over many generations.
- A rare cause of kidney stone formation is the overproduction of hormones by the parathyroid glands, which results in increased levels of calcium leading to calcium kidney stones.
Types of kidney stones
Kidney stones are of different types, which occur due to several, different causes. They are as follows:
- Calcium stones: Calcium stones account for being the most common form of kidney stones. They occur due to excessive calcium in the urine. This may happen due to an inherited condition known as hypercalciuria, the overreaction of the parathyroid gland, kidney diseases, several cancers or from a condition known as sarcoidosis. The stones may be large and smooth or rough and spiky.
- Struvite stones: These stones are caused due to infections. And they usually occur after a urinary tract infection. This form of kidney stone is more common in women though.
- Uric acid stones: These stones occur due to large amounts of uric acid in the urine. It may occur from having a high protein diet, from a health condition called gout or from a hereditary condition where the amount of uric acid in urine increases.
- Cystine stones: These are rare kidney stones and occur due to a hereditary health condition known as cystinuria.
Kidney stones occur due to the change in balance of water, salts and minerals, which are present in the urine. Insufficient water consumption is often the most common cause of kidney stones. So make sure you drink lots of water to keep stone formation at bay. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have been having symptoms of prostatitis and was told that those symptoms are the same for cancer. Is this true? I have a clear discharge after urination and pain at the base of my penis. I have also experienced shooting sharp pains down my penis and dull pain in my testicles, rectum.
Hi sir my father is a diabetic patient and urinary infection and he is taking insulin morning 10 and night 10 he feels very tired by taking insulin HbA1c is 7 he feeling very tired by taking insulin whether insulin is better or tablet is better please clarify my problem.
I have acne and scars of these acne. Please give me the solution. I also get these kidney stones. And I am also suffering from hair loss since last month.
I have frequent urination when urine is stored a little amount I have pain in my lower pelvic and back pain and itching in vagina but no infection in urine culture what can I do pls help.
What are the kidney stone? My back side pain ,is it because of kidney stones in the morning my pain too much could you please help me?
Pain during urine, but not have infection in urine. As at time of urination muscles get strengted out making pain near mid of stomach.
Immediately after taking water/any drink need to go urinate after 30 mins / 1 hour. What could be the reason and how to get rid of this problem.
I urinate in yellow colour sometimes. And does not urinate properly .I goes bathroom many times. Sometimes my chest part seems hot and sweets much more. I am married. Please suggest me what is the problem.
Hi I am now 30 years old I had two operation delivers without knowing that I had only one right kidney from my birth. Is they any problem if I have only one kidney. What care should I take. Is they any chances that the same problem will be there for my kids.
Chronic kidney disease is categorized under various stages and your doctor will periodically assess the severity of kidney damage. Thankfully, the good news is that kidney disease progresses slowly and early detection will help to deter further complications.
How stages of Chronic Kidney Disease are Determined?
The stages are determined by glomerular filtration rate or GFR that measures kidney function. The glomerular filtration rate is a calculation that estimates how well the blood is filtered by the kidneys. It is usually calculated using a formula that takes into account the individual’s age, gender, race and serum creatinine levels. The lower the GFR, the worse the kidney function and more the damage.
Five Stages of Chronic Kidney Disease
The National Kidney Foundation has created a guideline for nephrologists to help identify the severity of kidney damage and provide the right care accordingly. Each stage calls for different tests and treatments:
|Stage||Description||GFR||What Can Be Done|
|Stage 1||Early kidney damage||90 or above||The exact cause of the kidney disease will be determined by your doctor. Your blood pressure and sugar levels are to be constantly watched out for. Opt for a kidney-friendly diet.|
|Stage 2||Mild kidney damage||60 to 89||Continuously monitor your condition and check how quickly the disease is progressing. Manage high blood pressure and diabetes.|
|Stage 3||Moderate kidney damage||30 to 59||Any complications like anemia, bone disease will be checked and treatment will be administered by your doctor|
|Stage 4||Greater kidney damage||15 to 29||Continue treatment and monitoring. If you are progressing towards kidney failure, consult the best treatment options you have based on your condition|
|Stage 5||Kidney failure||Below 15||Start dialysis, consider kidney transplant and choose the right treatment|
How is Chronic Kidney Disease Treated?
The first step is to determine the cause of the disease and then take the right measures to alleviate it. In most cases diabetes and high blood pressure are the prime reasons. So, simple lifestyle changes can help to prevent the progression of the disease and reduce your symptoms. Here’s what you can do:
- Follow a diet that is easy on your kidneys: Watch your protein and sodium intake. Drink the right amount of fluids and incorporate super foods that will not deter your kidney function
- Weight Management: Make exercise a routine part and find the right exercise program that works for you. The more active you are, the lesser health problems you will have
- Avoid tobacco, smoking and alcohol
The first four stages of chronic disease focus on preserving the kidney function for as long as possible. The stages will help you analyze where you stand and what can be done to prevent kidney failure.