Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sitamanisahoo
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SitamanisahooYour feedback matters!
Skipping a meal has become a common phenomenon among most working people. You tend to miss breakfast on off days or skip dinner since you are too tired or sleepy. Skipping a meal once in a while may not have any serious effects although making a habit out of it can alter your body metabolism. The way your body reacts to skipped meals varies depending on your age, diet and health. Here are a few negative effects skipping a meal can have on your body-
1. Low brain function - There are times when you choose to compensate for a heavy meal you had by skipping another altogether. Your body weakens even if you skip one meal and subsequently your brain can't function actively and you tend to lose your focus. The brain runs on glucose primarily, hence, you can't think clearly because of low blood sugar level due to skipping a meal. It worsens in case you have made a regular habit out of it.
2. Mood swings and stress - Mood swings and irritable attitude is very common in case you are starving yourself. Due to low blood sugar level in your body, you tend to snap and get easily annoyed. The symptoms worsen if you make it a habit. You tend to get more stressed and face trouble in making decisions. Skipping meals regularly can make you really moody and jittery all the time. You tend to have angry outbursts in situations where you would otherwise deal tactfully.
3. More chances of overeating - Fasting increases the chances of overeating. You may choose to skip a meal as a compensatory act but there are more possibilities that you will end up binging later. Denying your body the appropriate amount of food only makes it crave for more. Most of the times you are likely to end up eating junk food and make up for the skipped meal. It's best to eat proper nutritious meals than loading up on junk food.
4. Gaining weight - There are high chances of gaining pounds if you skip a meal routinely. You tend to overeat usually when your body feels deprived and gives you hunger pangs. If you restrict yourself too much then it interferes with your body metabolism. Your body goes into a survival mode and starts storing everything you consume as fat. That way whatever you eat adds to your waistline and does not do much good.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What is it?
A dysfunction is often described as the difficulty exhibited by a couple or an individual during ant stage of the physical activity. It might include pleasure, preference, desire, arousal and orgasm. As per the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders, a person with sexual dysfunction shows extreme stress along with interpersonal strain. This disorder is believed to have an impact on the sexual life of the people experiencing it.
Types of Sexual Dysfunction:
1. Sexual desire disorders: This is often characterized with decreased libido or an absence or lack of sexual desire, activity or fantasies. The condition usually ranges from a general lack to a lack of the sexual desire and activity for the partner. This condition might be present from the very beginning or might start after normal sexual functioning. Whatever the cause may be it leads to decrease in the production of estrogen in women and testosterone in both women and men. Other causes are believed to be fatigue, pregnancy, aging, medications like SSRIs and psychiatric conditions like anxiety and depression.
2. Sexual arousal disorders: These are commonly as impotence in men and frigidity in women, though now the terms have been replaced. Impotence is now termed as erectile dysfunction and frigidity has been defined by many terms describing the problem. As per the, American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders the term is described in 4 categories. These are lack of arousal, lack of desire, lack of orgasm and pain during intercourse.
In both men and women the condition can be exhibited as an aversion or avoidance of sexual activity with their partner. Men might show a complete failure to maintain erection, excitement and pleasure during sexual activity.
3. Sexual pain disorders: This is often prominent in women and is also known as painful intercourse (dyspareunia) or vaginismus (involuntary spasm of the vaginal wall muscles often interfering with intercourse).
Dyspareunia is caused by the dryness of vagina in women. This poor lubrication might be due to lowered stimulation and excitement and hormonal changes caused due to pregnancy, breast feeding and menopause. In some case contraceptive foams and creams can also cause dryness. Anxiety and fear towards sex can also lead to dryness.
Vaginismus is often thought to occur through a sexual trauma like abuse or sex. Another condition vulvodynia might occur in women. In this a woman experiences burning pain while sexual activity. This is often thought to be related to the skin problems of the vaginal and vulvar region.
4. Post-orgasmic diseases: The symptoms of these occur after ejaculation or orgasm. This is often accompanied with headaches in the neck and skull during sexual activity which might include orgasm or masturbation.
If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist and ask a free question.