Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SindhuYour feedback matters!
I am 14 weeks pregnant, Is it safe to have sex during pregnancy. If yes what are the precautions to be taken?
She had a period on Oct 7 & last menstrual on 13th Nov n she too med primolut -n now till date her period is not started n wat is d reason behind her?
My wife has hsg proved tubal blockage with corneal blockage. Menstrual blood pcr test for tuberculosis is awaited. What can be chances for tuberculosis and other infections.
I and my gf had 5th day of period, protected sex but one time done unprotected sex, but one time done unprotected sex, but I not leave my sperm inside my gf vagina, before that I stopped. After that she ate papaya, pineapple, seems seeds, to avoid pregnancy. Actual period on 5 mar. She tested 3 times in home kit. Result is negative. But Till now she is without any period and no symptoms of pregnancy. She checked the pregnancy test with home kit, result is negative. Is there anything to worry about. And what about the period? Is it possible that the sperm may be available near her fallopian still and what should I do now and later. What we want to do now. We are confused. Shall you prefer any prescribe medicine. To get periods. She is 24 year. Please help me ASAP. Thank you.
Heart disease doesn't affect all women in the same way and neither does it have the same warning signs as heart diseases in men. For women, heart disease is a bigger threat than breast cancer. Cardiovascular diseases also kill more women than men as the disease progresses differently in men and women. Here are a few things you should know about heart diseases.
Women have more atypical symptoms of heart attacks: The classic symptoms of heart attacks are pain in the left arm, chest pain and heart palpitations. Though women may exhibit these symptoms, they are more likely to have atypical symptoms. These include nausea, stomach aches, pain in the shoulders and upper back and extreme fatigue.
Preeclampsia and gestational diabetes can increase risks of heart disease: Even though your blood pressure may go back to normal and conditions like preeclampsia or gestational diabetes may go away post pregnancy, their effects linger on. The risk of heart disease for a woman who suffered from preeclampsia doubles while gestational diabetes can cause glucose intolerance leading to obesity or other such conditions which are risk factors for heart diseases.
Hot flashes could be a sign of heart problems: Hot flashes are usually associated with menopause but may also be a symptom of underlying heart problems. Hot flashes that occur after a exerting a strenuous effort on something can be a sign of angina in women.
Men and women do not face equal risks: Traditional risks to heart diseases such as cholesterol, obesity and high blood pressure affect both men and women but some factors such as diabetes, stress, depression and smoking affect women more than they affect men. Since women tend to lead a more sedentary lifestyle than men, a lack of exercise also affects them more than it affects men. In addition, a low level of estrogen can also increase the risk of cardiovascular conditions. This is usually seen after menopause.
Metabolic syndrome increase your risk of getting a stroke:
There are five metabolic risk factors for heart disease. If you have 3 or more of them, it is termed as metabolic syndrome. These risk factors are:
- A waist circumference of more than 35". This is also called abdominal obesity
- A triglyceride level higher than 150 mg/dL
- A low level of good cholesterol i.e. HDL cholesterol that is less than 50mg/dL
- High blood pressure
- High blood sugar. This could also be a sign of diabetes.
While some factors like genetics are out of our control, most of these factors can be controlled by conscious lifestyle changes. Your doctor may also prescribe medication for the same. Heart disease can occur at any time so do not take your heart for granted.
Pregnancy test negative means not pregnant but i'm not getting my period why? Its been 2 weeks late my period time. An d I have no pregnancy symptoms at all.
If a girl test a urine pregnancy test near to her dates of an periods is their any effect to the results of test?
Hi, I am 29 years old. Maine 31 days circle regularly, Oct 17th last period day starts and Nov 1st & 2nd inter course happen after 6 days I got mild stomach and back pain but my breast started to hurt too much 3 days it hurts, yesterday that means 14 very little amount of blood seen on my inner it's just 3 drops. Am experting my period on 17th DEC Friday. Still mild stomach back pain continues. Anything happen to me or it's normal? Please help.
5 Unexpected Triggers of Hair Fall
Your genes may be the most common triggers of hair fall, but in certain cases hair fall can be triggered by a host of other reasons you wouldn’t have thought about. Sometimes these reasons can range from being simple and temporary (lack of essential nutrients in your diet for example) to something more complex and indicative of an underlying health problem. Read on...
1. Brushing wet hair
Detangling wet hair (easy at it may seem) is probably one of the most common triggers of hair fall. Wet hair is extremely delicate, and brushing wet hair causes the strands to break, leading to excessive hair fall. Repeatedly doing so can cause your hair to become thinner over time, which may result in visibly less hair on your scalp.
2. Food poisoning
Food poisoning can cause an abnormality in your blood circulation, which, as a result, can lead your hair to prematurely enter into a shedding phase. The hair loss that takes place due to this reason is known as ‘diffuse hair loss.’ This type of hair loss usually lasts for a period of 3 months, after which, the hair follicles are replaced by new ones. Hair fall caused by food poisoning is only temporary, and is corrected on its own with time.
3. Car crashes or any other traumatic events
When you go through a car crash or any other traumatic incidence for that matter (divorce, death in the family etc), you may experience an extreme form of shock. This can lead to the development of small bald patches on your head, which is known as Telogen Effluvium. Usually, trauma triggers an autoimmune reaction, because of which the white blood cells attack the hair bulb. This causes the hair bulb to enter into the resting phase, which leads to mildly painful hair loss in particular patches. This type of hair fall is reversible.
4. Food allergies
Different foods (such as dairy, wheat, soy etc) can cause allergies in different people. Such an allergic reaction can cause your immune system to react violently, consequently making your immune system send signals throughout your body to ward off attacks. This, in very rare cases, can give rise to the condition of Alopecia Areata, as your immune system detects the growth of your hair as foreign attack and sends off signals to destroy hair follicles. This type of hair fall ceases once you stop consuming food(s) you’re allergic to.
5. General Anaesthesia and Surgery
Hair fall triggered by general anaesthesia and a major surgery usually shows up 3 months after the surgery has taken place. The combination of general anaesthesia and a major surgery can put your body under heavy physical stress, which can cause alterations in the life cycles of the hairs on your scalp, consequently leading to excessive hair fall. Hair fall caused by this reason is temporary too, and usually your hair will grow back over time.
Now that you know about the possible triggers of hair fall, you may be in a better position to control your condition and prevent your hair from falling out.
Hi doc, I need a quick answer please, I had protected sex with my girl friend before two months, and she not yet got her periods. We had taken 5 pregnancy kit test randomly for the past two week and all are negative. Is she pregnant? Its too urgent please answer me as soon as possible. How can she get back her missed periods. Thank you.
Do you know not all foods can be consumed on an empty stomach? So, it is imperative that you should be aware of such foods and restructure your breakfast menu accordingly. Here is a list of foods to avoid on an empty stomach.
Stay away from the following foods when you eat after a considerable gap
- Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits contain fruit acids. When these acids enter an empty stomach, they can lead to heartburn. Hence, if eaten after a prolonged period post meal, a person is at risk of gastritis and stomach ulcers.
- Soda: Consuming cold soda drinks on an empty stomach may cause damage to the mucosal membrane while reducing blood flow to the stomach. This may lead to a slow digestive process and difficulty in the abdomen.
- Spicy foods: Spicy foods are known to cause irritation and damage to the digestive tract, and are especially not recommended for people who suffer from acid reflux issues since very spicy food leads to consequences such as acid reflux in the food pipe.
- Cucumber and other green vegetables: Green vegetables and cucumber are rich in amino acids. If consumed on an empty stomach it may very well lead to pain and bitterness in the upper abdomen.
- Tomato: Tomato is a fruit containing high levels of tannin. Tannin causes acidity in an empty stomach and leads to consequences and appearance of gastritis if frequently consumed in such a manner.
- Fermented milk products: Fermented milk products such as yogurt typically come with loads of health benefits being full of probiotics. But if consumed on an empty stomach it can interfere with the balance of healthy bacteria as the hydrochloric acid produced tends to be destructive.
- Sweets: Items such as candy or sweetmeats contain high levels of sugar and cause a sudden and sharp surge of insulin levels in the blood. Over a long period, this has a bad effect on the pancreas.
- Products containing yeast: Edible items such as biscuits, puff pastry, vinegar and beverages such as beer and wine contain yeast which can significantly irritate the stomach and cause bloating.
So, be a little conscious and avoid consuming these items on an empty stomach since a little effort goes a long way. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi. In case I have unprotected sex with my boyfriend, is there any pill that I could take within the next few hours or something like that to not get pregnant? I've heard of iPill a lot. Will that do or is there any other medicine that you could suggest? I'm even asking in case his condom breaks which scares me equally and I've heard of such mishaps happening often and I really don't want to get pregnant. So please help.
I am 30 years old girl. I had sex first time 2 days back. I bleed that and and still I bleed some time. I want to ask is it serious or normal.
I was expecting my period on 22 may. I observed brownish discharge on 26th may. At 28th I observed red discharge. It was very less like normal white discharge. Now it's 9 June n still I can observe little red or brown mix in my normal white discharge why is it so?
Sir, I had intercourse on 6th of this month and left sperm in my wife's. But she had period on 17th of this month. Between mentioned dates had been to site seeing by bike to around 150kms. How many days to wait after ejecting sperm into vagina to get pregnancy? or I need to go for semen analysis?
Why it is paining during intercourse. And it in not first time to be in coitus .It having so many time. But every period of intercourse it paining when I used to do sex with my partner. Please suggest me why it is paining.
श्वेत प्रदर ( सफेद पानी ) का घरेलू इलाज
स्त्रियों की योनी से सफेद पानी का बहना एक साधारण समस्या है. इसमें योनी से पानी जैसा स्त्राव होता है. य़ह खुद कोई रोग नहीं है. लेकिन यह स्त्रियों के लिए बड़ी परेशानी का सबब बन जाता है. इसके कारण चिड़चिड़ापन, पैर-हाथ में दर्द इत्यादि का सामना करना पड़ता है. तो आइए हम जानते हैं कि घरेलू उपायों द्वारा कैसे श्वेत प्रदर को खत्म किया जा सकता है. आपको क्या-क्या करना चाहिए और क्या-क्या नहीं.
श्वेत प्रदर ( सफेद पानी ) की समस्या खत्म करने के घरेलू उपाय :
- हर दिन कच्चा टमाटर खाना शुरू करें.
- सुबह-शाम 2 चम्मच प्याज का रस और उतनी हीं मात्रा में शहद मिलाकर पिएँ.
- जीरा भूनकर चीनी के साथ खाने से फायदा होगा.
- आंवले का रस और शहद लगातार 1 महीने तक सेवन करें. इससे श्वेत प्रदर ठीक हो जायेगा.
- हर दिन केला खाएँ, इसके बाद दूध में शहद डालकर पिएँ. इसके आपकी सेहत भी अच्छी होगी और श्राव के कारण होने वाली कमजोरी भी दूर होगी. कम-से-कम तीन महीने तक यह उपाय करें, दूध के ठंडा हो जाने के बाद उसमें शहद डालें.
- कच्चे केले की सब्जी खाएँ.
- अगर आपके शरीर में खून की कमी है, तो खून बढ़ाने के लिए हरी सब्जियाँ, फल, चुकन्दर इत्यादि खाएँ.
- 1 केला लें, उसे बीच से काट लें. उसमें 1 ग्राम फिटकरी भर दें, इसे दिन या रात में एक बार खाएँ. लेकिन ध्यान रखें कि अगर दिन में खाना शुरू किया तो, दिन में हीं खाएँ. और अगर रात में खाना शुरू किया हो, तो रात में हीं खाएँ.
- तले-भूने चीज या मसालेदार चीज नहीं के बराबर खाएँ.
- योनी की साफ-सफाई का ध्यान रखें.
- मैदे से बनी चीजें न खाएँ.
- एक बड़ा चम्मच तुलसी का रस लें, और उतनी हीं मात्रा में शहद लें. फिर इसे खा लें. इससे आपको आराम मिलेगा.
- . अनार के हरे पत्ते लें, 25-30 पत्ते…. 10-12 काली मिर्च के साथ पीस लें. इसमें आधा ग्लास पानी डालें, फिर छानकर पी लीजिए. ऐसा सुबह-शाम करें.
- भूने चने में खांण्ड (गुड़ की शक्कर) मिलाकर खाएँ, इसके बाद 1 कप दूध में देशी घी डाल कर पिएँ.
- 10 ग्राम सोंठ का, एक कप पानी में काढ़ा बनाकर पिएँ. ऐसा एक महीने तक करें.
- पीपल के 2-4 कोमल पत्ते लेकर, पीस लें. फिर इसे दूध में उबालकर पिएँ.
- 1 चम्मच आंवला चूर्ण लें और 2-3 चम्मच शहद लें. और इन्हें आपस में मिलाकर खाएँ. ऐसा एक महीने तक करें.
- खूब पानी पिएँ.
- सिंघाड़े के आटे का हलुआ और इसकी रोटी खाएँ.
- 3 ग्राम शतावरी या सफेद मूसली लें, फिर इसमें 3 ग्राम मिस्री मिलाकर, गर्म दूध के साथ इसका सेवन करें.
- नागरमोथा, लाल चंदन, आक के फूल, अडूसा चिरायता, दारूहल्दी, रसौता, इन सबको 25-25 ग्राम लेकर पीस लें. पौन लीटर पानी में उबालें, जब यह आधा रह जाय तो छानकर उसमें 100 ग्राम शहद मिलाकर दिन में दो बार 50-50 ग्राम सेवन करें.
- माजू फल, बड़ी इलायची और मिस्री को बराबर मात्रा में पीस लें. एक सप्ताह तक दिन में तीन बार लें. एक सप्ताह के बाद फिर दिन में एक बार 21 दिन तक लें.