Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Simham SwapnaYour feedback matters!
Mam I am 26 years old .so many times my nose is blocked completely due to allergy. I have allergy from seasonal change, winter, dust, and many more things. What medicine I should take or what should I do. Pl suggest. Thanks.
Nose bleeding happens because of presence of large amount of blood vessels in the nose and the reasons for nose bleeding are nose picking, low levels of Vitamin K, colds and allergies and nose membrane getting dry along with so many other reasons. But there are ways with the help of which it can be prevented and stopped.
Let’s first learn how it can be instantly stopped.
1. Sit comfortably: When your nose starts bleeding, you should sit in a comfortable position. Do not stand or lie down because in these positions, blood may pass on to your throat which could be harmful. Tilt your face forward and let a piece of cloth soak in all the blood.
2. Hold the nose: During nose bleeding, one should hold and pinch the nose for at least 10 minutes continuously. If it still doesn’t stop bleeding then hold it for 5-7 minutes more. Holding or pinching the nose is necessary because bleeding can stop if direct pressure is put on nose for a longer time.
3. Apply ice: Applying ice can be a great way of instantly stopping nose bleeding. Ice usually compresses and tightens the blood vessels because of which bleeding stops. Ice should preferably be applied on cheeks and nose. Alternatively, you can keep the ice in your mouth also for short intervals.
Nose bleeding can be prevented by taking the following measures :
1. Elevate the nose while resting. Take 2-3 pillows while sleeping.
2. Do not blow or scratch your nose forcefully.
3. Keep your blood pressure in control because it will help in preventing nose-bleeding to a great extent.
4. Avoid smoking because it delays the healing process.
5. Make sure the room you sleep in isn’t dry. Keep a check on humidity of your room.
6. Need to take special care in winters because the nose membrane gets dry mostly in winters.
7. Drink plenty of water and citrus food to keep your nose moist and avoid milk, wheat and fried food.
8. Do not overuse cold and allergy medicines. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
I am a 19 years old girl I got my last month period on 23 June 2016 I have normal menstrual cycle of about 27-29 days. I had intercourse on 6 July 2016 I had been using novex tablets for a month that is from 24 June to 22 July due to lump in my breast advised by my doctor 15 tablets are used by me. I expect my next period on 20-23 July but it did not come instead I had brown discharge on 24 July there was pain in my abdomen the flow was moderate. Next day that is 25 july I had brown and light red discharge the flow was moderate heavy having some small clots next day that is 26 july again I had brown discharge flow was moderate and on 27 July I had brown discharge for few hours flow was light and on 28 July I just found brown spotting and I have symptoms like fatigue nausea painful and larger breasts feeling faint dizzy pain in body having cramps tired cold running nose etc. What could the reasons be for such a problem am I pregnant.
Dear sir, during enjoying holi an amount of sand entered into my ear. Currently, same ear (left side) is jammed. I have problems to listen the vice. Pls suggest what should I do? Regards.
Hi. I have tinnitus problem in both ears recently. It increased in the right ear. Audiogram suggests mild conductive hearing loss n I was told that tinnitus is not due to hearing issues. Then wht else causes these sounds and sometimes it gets very annoying. Thanks.
I have severe sore throat, cough and cold. There's hoarseness of voice since 4 days. How to get relief from this.
I have cold, I am sneezing since morning and my throat is itching. It is probably due to sleeping in air-conditioned room. Which medicine do I take for immediate relief?
Last few months my nose is getting bleeding & when dried it's irritating when I try to clear it bleeds again.
Hi sir. I am mokhtar. And I have teeth pain problem. Bump in throat. And red spot on tongue. Please help me. If you will provide whatsap no.
Dr. Before 5 days. It was my accident and I am injured. At the bottom of my eye cutted. And last 4 days. My nose is bleeding. What can I do for this bleeding.
Some pain in Throat while eating n when drinking water also sometimes im feeling like some fire in my throat. Suggest Any syrups.
I have a throat problem from 2 days my is nose block throat is paining little fever pls tell wht I should do to get relief.
My child 7 years old boy got sore throat I wanted to ask doctor can he chew limcee is it ok vitamin C tablet and if yes please tell for how many days he can take.
Respected Dr., My daughter is 14 Years old. Suffering from nose blockage, running nose, & sneezing all through the year. It starts from early morning &generally stops after taking bath. Sometimes she takes CZ 3 and also take steam inhalation to get relief. She is suffering from this since childhood. Please advice.
Acoustic neuromas are tumors that develop on the nerves connecting the ear to the brain. Being non-cancerous in nature, they do not spread to other parts of the body. However, they are characterized by symptoms such as gradual or sudden hearing loss, more pronounced with either of the ears, a ringing sensation in the affected ear, weakness, facial numbness and dizziness.
Acoustic neuroma can be of two types: one is sporadic in nature and the other is associated with a condition known as neurofibromatosis type II (NF2). NF2 is basically an inherited disorder identified by benign growth in the nervous system. NF2 being a rare disorder, makes the sporadic type the dominant one. Although the causes behind this type of neuroma are still unknown, long term exposure to radiations, especially around the neck and the head, could be one of the most important triggering factors.
Once the diagnosis is done, treatments for acoustic neuroma depend on the growth and size of the tumor.
Diagnosis with the help of monitoring: Small tumors exhibiting no such symptom or slow signs of growth need to be monitored with the use of hearing tests and regular imaging. In case, the MRI scans are able to trace any sort of development on the part of the tumor or if the tumor poses subsequent difficulties, opting for treatment becomes the need of the hour.
Stereotactic Radiosurgery: Also known as Gamma Knife, radiosurgery is a treatment method wherein controlled radiations are used to treat tumors, thus doing away with the need of making any incision.
Surgical Removal: Surgery performed under general anesthesia is directed towards removing the tumor; that helps to preserve the facial nerve and thus inhibit facial paralysis and hearing loss. The tumor is usually removed either through the ear or through the skull. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.