Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. SiddharthanYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from chest pain for last 3 days and also I am having some eye related issues. What should I do?
My Cholesterol is 163 mg/DL but my triglyceride is 210 mg/dl. What should I do to Make my triglyceride levels became lower?
Few month back after having work at office I reached home and had dinner. After one hour I started feeling speed in heart beat and breath started faster also I felt dizziness. 15 mins After drinking a glass of hot water everything came to normal. Later also This was happening to me couple of time in three days gap. I had done echo cardiogram, treadmill test, blood test, LFT,ECG but everything was normal. My fear is do I have heart problem. Please help me.
Having High BP for a long time taking medicine daily as per consulting with Doctor's but triglyceride always remain more then 200 mg/dl. Please advice me the correct medicine for that. Thanking you
I have chest pain from 10-12 day and also tightness in chest sometimes. I eat practin decadan and bicasule tablets from last 3 months. I stopped it then this problem happened. What should I do for recovery from side effect of these tablets. Please tell me immediately.
I am suffering from type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol and severe itching since almost 10 years. For diabetes I started with glycomet gp1 once daily, which is now increased to twice daily along with 500mg metformin in the night. I am worried since the dosage of medicine is increasing after every 2 years. Also, for itching I am taking anti-histamines. Also, I am feeling quite weak nowadays. Is there any better medicine or permanant cure?
High blood pressure is a condition that is characterized by increased pressure on the walls of the artery. This condition occurs when the systolic pressure (contraction of the heart) is greater than 130 and the diastolic pressure (relaxation of the heart) hovers around 90 over a period of time.
If the condition is not treated, then heart muscles and blood vessels come under a lot of strain. It is caused by factors such as:
- Excessive consumption of salt
- Not consuming vegetables
- If you are obese
- Over consumption of alcohol
- If you lead a sedentary lifestyle
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment that focuses on improving your overall wellbeing. It is free from side effects as it is a natural method of treatment. The various Ayurvedic remedies to treat high blood pressure are:
- Diet: Include vegetables and fruits in your diet as they provide your body with the necessary nutrients. Make sure that you are not eating excess carbohydrates and fats. Avoid junk foods in your diet, consume natural foods such as whole grains and legumes. Eat foods such as brown rice and whole wheat as they provide steady stream of energy in the body.
- Yoga: Make sure to add yoga workouts to your morning routine as they help in keeping your body supple and flexible. It also helps you in relaxing and centering yourself so as to reduce mental stress. Start off with simple postures such as upward dog and the cobra.
- Remain Active: If you are the type of person who leads a sedentary lifestyle, then you need to get off the couch. A sedentary lifestyle is known to increases the risk if high blood pressure and diabetes. Follow an exercise regimen to keep your heart healthy.
- Avoid stressful activities: Avoid situations that take a toll on your mental health as they can create complications if you are suffering from high blood pressure. In your free time, indulge in activities that provide a source of relaxation and peace such as playing or reading a book.