Find numerous Neurosurgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurosurgeons online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Siddhartha Ghosh
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Management & Treatment of Spinal Disorders
Hepatitis B Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Treatment of Spina Bifida
Hepatitis C Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Siddhartha GhoshYour feedback matters!
No words is enough to describe him.He is good Human being so down to earth above all o best neurosurgeon.
Ananga Mohan Chattopadhyay
I have a seizures I am taking daily eption 100 mg tab twice a day but I have to Wake up early morning for my job.
I am 55 years old male. I am free from diabatic melitus. I fee little numbness in my left hand fingers and and left foot for the past 5 years. I have undergone 2d echo, treadmill test and angiogam in jan-15 and it is normal, but my cardiologists adviced me to take tonact tg (statins) fopr profilactic measure. I am contnuing the medicine. I regularly paly shuttle and fit to play. On and off this numbness is nagging me and laeding some suspect in my health. Also vitamin d, nerve conduction and spine x ray revealed no abnormality. I have acid related symptoms when food deviated from normal food. Please advise.
What is transsphenoidal surgery and its process. Are there any post surgical complications in it and how much follow up does it requires?
Dear Doctor, Here I would like to give a short-brief of my son's problem of epilepsy in the following words. He got birth in a private clinic here in Delhi in the month of March 13, 2008. The delivery was normal and on the very next day of discharge from the hospital, he got a fits-like behavior and we immediately took him to the same clinic where he got birth and admitted there. As per the Doctor treating him it was said that his sugar got down and he was not needed properly during the night. After 3-4 days treatment, the doctor referred to another hospital i.e. St. Stephens Hospital herein Delhi and got admitted. After a week’s time the child got recovered. After this, about three years there was no problem with the child. However, after the age of 3, we could noticed that when child was walking he was complaining of some difficulty in walking on his right leg and immediately he asks to pick-up and also noticed a slight behavioural activity on his mouth. This is the starting point and we approached Dr. B.K. Gupta (Neurologist herein Delh). As per his presumption it was epilepsy and started treatment for epilepsy by giving the syrup Trioptal. By taking the above medicine continuously there was no problem for about three years. Unfortunately, after third year the child got fits again intermittently and we again approached the same Doctor and he advised to change the dose of the same medicine. But even though the duration of fits got extended but some time it happened intermittently. In the meantime we approached another Dr. (Prof.) Aldrin (Head of Neuro in IBHAS, Delhi). As per him we got the child’s MRI taken and after diagnosis he also advised to continue the same syrup Trioptal. In the meantime the syrup was not available in the market and the doctor advised to take Oxcarbazepine Tab (300 ml in the morning and 400 ml in the evening) plus Frisium 5 mg tab (one tab in the evening). Now for the last one and a half years there is no problem of fits however he has been complaining of tiredness intermittently, mostly after waking up in morning and also when he was about to leave for school and we presume this might be by taking the medicine continuously. Unfortunately, for the last 2-3 months we could notice another problem i.e. His right hand palm gets trembling (jerking) like feeling for a few second mostly every day and by rubbing and/or holding tight it gets normal and when it happens he is not able to move his fingers or hold anything, and also loose strength of his palm and it gets normal within a minute’s time. Earlier it was once in a week but now-a-days it happens almost daily sometime in the afternoon otherwise at school. Last week i.e. On 16/01/2017 we again visited Dr. Aldrin because of this above new problem. After check-up the doctor advised to get EEG report. However, as per the EEG report it was normal and the doctor advised to increase the dose of the existing medicine i.e. Oxcarbazepine 400 ml tab in the morning instead of 300 ml and continue the other medicine as usual. But even though the above medicine has been taking as per the prescription for the last two week the problem still persists. He has also the problem of Adenoid for the last 3-4 years and now-a-days treating by homeopathy medicine. At night when he sleeps he inhales/exhales through mouth and I am presuming that the above problem is due to this reason only. Kindly, for your advice.
1) BACK PAIN:- I'm suffering from back pain since giving birth to my baby boy in 2013. The pain is now increasing day by day. 2) MIGRAINE/SINUSITIS:- I'm also suffering from blocked nose, headache on one side of my head even before my marriage & its still persisting & it'/s also increasing more. Now my age is 26 yrs & i'm housewife.
Hearing loss is not something limited to elderly men or elderly women only. This is something that can affect any adult at any stage of life. The good news is that it can be managed. Today, there are a number of hearing aids that can help improve hearing ability. These aids allow an individual who has lost part of his or her hearing to live a normal life. For best results, hearing loss should be arrested in its early stages.
- Muffled Speech: When you hear people talk, their speech should be clearly identifiable. If you hear muffled noises that you have to interpret as words, it could be a sign of hearing loss.
- Difficulty understanding words: The human ear has the ability to separate conversational sounds from ambient noise. However, in some cases where the inner ear is damaged, a person might find it difficult to separate the two. In such cases, the person might not be able to understand words clearly as they get confused with background noise. This is a sign that must never be taken lightly.
- Feeling the need to ask people to repeat themselves: Once in a while if you find yourself asking another person to repeat what he or she said, there is nothing to worry. However, if this becomes a regular occurrence and happens with many people, then the fault lies in your hearing. Thus, if you notice yourself needing to ask people to repeat themselves or talk slowly, consult a hearing specialist.
- Increasing the volume of the radio or television: As children, we are taught that playing music or watching TV at a very high volume can damage the ears. The radio, television and other such appliances should be played at a volume where the information being relayed is clearly audible and people can have a conversation alongside without needing to shout. If you find yourself having to increase the volume constantly, it could be a sign of hearing loss.
- Withdrawing from conversations: As hearing loss is aggravated, people begin to feel conscious of having to ask others around them to repeat themselves or talk slowly. This can make them withdraw from a conversation and other social situations. In many cases, the simple reason for avoiding a party could be the discomfort of not being able to hear the other person clearly in a conversation.
All hearing problems can be better handled by proper investigation, different test, sign and symptoms of the patient, which are carried by a specialist of hearing, called as Audiologist, who can look your hearing problems, plan out treatment plan, rehabilitation pre and post etc. Audiologist will definitely help you hear again.