Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ShylajaYour feedback matters!
Sir my gf is 25 years old. She is virgin. She has a problem when her periods ends after 10 or 15 days some fluid comes out from her vagina regularly. Sir we both are in tense because of this. Now sir what is the solution for it?
I am 30 years female and have pain in pelvic area after my one delivery. Tats from 3 years. Scan reports are normal. What may be reason for pain.
I checked my preg test but result is negative and Now white liquor type coming from my breast in very less qty is there any issue? Please help me out.
I am pregnant for last four month. I have not health issue but now I feel weakness n measure think for me its my weight. I put on 7 kg in four month. What should I do. Tell diet for me and my baby.
I have pcod since 1.5 year. Im taking ginette 35. I have taken 3 cycles. My thyroid and prolactin are normal. No anemia. I feel am gaining weight. My periods are irregular since 5 years. So please suggest me sme ayurvedic medicines for pcod and for weight control.
We had our first sex with protection on 26th of august 2016 but later on that day after sometime I gave her one ipill due to some doubt. The next day we again had sex with protection and then she have taken another ipill. Now I want to confirm that is she is pregnant or everything is negative.
I 37 year old trying for second pregnancy I have done ivf 2 times but it last only for 1 month what may be reason.
My wife is 40 years old and she is not getting proper period. She has decided to be pregnant next year. Will there be any problem ? Please help.
Causes & symptoms of acidity
Acidity is the cause of surplus secretion of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach. Our stomach secretes an acid, which is necessary for the digestive process. This acid, in turn, produces various digestive enzymes, like pepsin, which help in the breaking complex food particles into elements that can be easily digested by the body. When there secretion of acid is more than necessary, it results in the feeling of immense heartburn, along with a sensation of inflammation in the throat. This condition has been given the name of acidity. Its other symptoms include formation of ulcers and dyspepsia. Consumption of alcohol, highly spicy food and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (nsaid's) also trigger acid formation and result in acidity. Nonetheless, it can be cured at home using various procedures. Read on to know about some home remedies for curing acidity.
Home remedies for acidity
If you are suffering from acidity, try to suck on a piece of clove. It will bring immediate relief. For people who are prone to acidity, intake of milk or other dairy products will prove to be helpful.
Regular consumption of fresh mint juice can also help you get rid of acidity.
Add two teaspoons apple cider vinegar and two teaspoons honey to a glass of water. Drink this concoction after meals, as it reduces the chances of acidity.
Boil cumin seeds in a glass of water. Let it cool down and supplement your meals with it.
Banana, cucumber and watermelon have been found to be helpful in treating acidity naturally.
If you are have acidity problem, avoid taking tea, coffee and other aerated drinks. Instead, go for herbal tea, containing spearmint (pudina) and liquorice (mulethi).
The simplest of all remedies is to have a glass of warm water every day, early in the morning. Water is believed to neutralize acidity.
Drink coconut water 3 to 4 times in a day. It will help bring relief from acidity.
If you are looking for an immediate relief, have a bowl of yoghurt. It is one of the most effective home remedies for acidity.
If you constantly suffer from acidity, suck on 10 grams jaggery everyday, after meals. It will help you avoid acid formation.
Have a glass of cabbage juice everyday, in order to avoid acid formation and the resultant acidity.
If you want instant relief from acidity, take a glass of water with a teaspoon of soda in it.
Hi, I used ipill on 6th feb, and after 3 days i've been having various problems like vomiting, nausea ans my stomach feels tight and I'm having difficulty passing stool. Are these all side effects? Should I worry?
I am 19 years old female. I have been diagnosed with pcos. My scalp is very oily i. E. It requires hair wash almost everyday. What can I do to stop the oil secretion in my scalp? Have tried many hair cleansers. They stop working after a month or two. What hair-care routine would be suitable for me?
16 MAGICAL HEALING POWERS OF GARLIC:
1. Improves Heart Health: Garlic cleanses the arteries and veins, thins blood, prevents blot clots, and nourishes the arteries maintaining their ability to stretch, preventing fatal heart diseases like heart attacks and atherosclerosis.
2. Anti-Clotting: Garlic increases the production of nitric oxide in the blood, which helps dilate blood vessels and dissolve blood clots. The anti-clotting properties of ajoene, a sulphur containing compound found in garlic, help in preventing the formation of blood clots in the body.
3. Soothes Respiratory System: The distinctive overwhelming odor and taste in garlic comes from the Sulphur content, which accelerates the activities of mucous membranes in the upper respiratory tract, relieving compression and mucus. Its antibacterial phytochemical properties help in treating throat irritations and potent expectorant qualities help treat chronic bronchitis and asthma.
4. Anti-Bacterial: Garlic has a rich combination of vital nutrients like Vitamin C, B6, allicin, potassium, calcium, selenium, magnesium, and flavonoids, rendering it with antibacterial and antiviral properties. They help control bacterial, viral, fungal, yeast, worm infections, and bacteria like E. coli, Salmonella enteritidis, etc.
5. Diabetes: Garlic increases insulin release and regulates blood sugar levels in diabetics.
6. Cures Skin Ailments: Applying fat dissolving garlic extracts to corns on the feet and warts on the hands alleviates the pain and hastens the healing process. Its anti fungal properties help heal ringworm and athlete’s foot.
7. Anti-Cancer: Organosulfida contained in garlic helps the liver to process toxic chemicals, including cancer-causing chemical compounds, lowering risk of stomach and colon cancer. Diallyl sulphides found in garlic inhibit the transformation of heterocyclic amines into carcinogens, preventing breast cancer.
8. Lowers Cholesterol: Garlic has the ability to moderately lower our blood triglycerides, bad LDL cholesterol, and reduce arterial plaque formation.
9. Fights Allergies: Garlic anti-inflammatory property helps the body fight allergies. The anti-arthritic property of garlic is due to diallyl sulphide and thiacremonone which relieves allergic airway inflammation (allergic rhinitis), and itching due to rashes and bug bites.
10. Pain Relief: Garlic anti inflammatory property relieves joint pains especially arthritis.
11. Stabilizes Blood Pressure: Allicin in garlic blocks the activity of Angiotensin II, a protein that contracts blood vessels, helping reduce blood pressure. Red blood cells convert polysulphides into hydrogen sulphide gas which dilates our blood vessels and helps control blood pressure.
12. Relieves Toothache: Garlic also has analgesic properties, antibacterial and anesthetizing, which can help cure toothaches.
13. Treating Acne: Garlic has antibiotic properties and contains compounds that are useful to clean the blood. But not entirely using garlic only, but you have to do further treatment.
14. Improve Iron Metabolism: Diallyl sulphides in garlic increase iron metabolism by stimulating the production of Ferroportin, a protein which helps in iron absorption and release.
15. Aphrodisiac: Garlic thins the blood, dissolves blood clots, dilates the blood vessels and improves blood circulation, rejuvenating the sexual functions.
16. Assists in Weight Loss: The anti-inflammatory property of 1, 2-DT (1, 2-vinyldithiin) found in garlic may help inhibit conversion of Pre-adipocytes into fat cells (adipocytes), aiding weight loss.
Dear Sir I had 3 miscarriages last was in April 2016. Now I completed triquilar course for 2 months. Now can I go for pregnancy or (rubella.
A friend of mine is kinda worried and we being very good friends shared her problem with me. She is 18 1/2 and was in contact with her boyfriend. But they didn't actually did the sex thing (he didn't inserted his penis in to her vagina. Its was about 2 months before and she still didn't got her periods yet.(her periods are normally irregular about 1 and 1/2 month but not this much. She had done home pregnancy test abt 6 weeks after they were in contact. It turned negative. She is showing some symptoms like increased urination n vaginal discharge from last 2 days. She was even on antibiotics for allergic purposes for about 2 weeks, during her expected date of periods. She is all confused and depressed about this condition and don't know whether she got pregnant (they were too close. He inserted his finger in to her vagina. is there any chances of sperms travelling this way) and they met after her last day of last period. Since then its 2 months now she is not getting her periods yet. please help. I am kinda worried for her.
Menstrual pain ya phr period k kasan pet me dard hota h. Try many medicine please tell me effective medicine. Female age 20.
Impact of sexually transmitted infections on women health:
Stis are sexually transmitted infections that are globally becoming more common. Every year millions of stis are passed from person to person primarily through sexual contact. This is undoubtedly because more and more people are having sex, often with different partners, and aren't taking the necessary precautions to prevent the spread of sexually transmitted infections.
There are so many different types of diseases that can be spread by touching, oral sex, penetrative sex, sharing needles or even through child birth, so you need to be so careful when having sex that you avoid ever contracting this type of disease. Most stis are curable with medication; however some, like hiv, can never be cured. Additionally, not all stis carry noticeable symptoms so you could have a sexually transmitted infection and not even know you've got it. This is why it's so crucial to get yourself checked out at a sexual health clinic if you are sexually active, to make sure that you don't have any nasty infections.
The organisms that cause the diseases usually enter the body through open membranes, such as the vagina, anus or mouth. Stis can be caught through intimate contact with someone, especially through anal, vaginal or oral sex, however some are also transmitted without sexual activity.
Chlamydia: an extremely common and fast spreading sexually transmitted infection. Unfortunately, many people (especially females) have no symptoms at all, so it's often difficult to detect. Men often experience more symptoms than women, however this is not always the case. Chlamydia is particularly dangerous if left untreated as it can cause infertility in women, so it's so important to get yourself checked even if you haven't experience any symptoms.
Gonorrhoea: gonorrhoea is caused by a bacterium that grows and multiplies very quickly in moist areas of the body such as the cervix, urethra, mouth or rectum. For women, the cervix is the most common site of infection. The disease can also spread to the fallopian tubes in a woman and other genital organs, which can cause conditions such as pelvic inflammatory disease that may also lead to infertility. It is most commonly spread through genital contact, however it can also be passed through oral sex and if a mother is infected she can easily pass it to her new-born infant during delivery.
Genital herpes: genital herpes is a highly contagious condition caused by the herpes virus. It infects the skin and membranes around the genitals, but it can also appear around the mouth, especially on the lips. It is transmitted generally through physical or sexual contact. Often you can have the virus, but not show symptoms. Symptoms usually include spots around your genitals or mouth.
Hiv and aids: aids is a potentially lethal disease that is caused by the hiv virus. Hiv invades and destroys the immune system, which protects the body from infection. This means that a person who carries the hiv virus is easily prone to catch many different illnesses, and may die from diseases that are harmless to healthy people, such as a cold or a cough. Hiv can be transmitted not only through sexual activity, but also by sharing needles or having blood contact with someone who has the disease.
Genital warts- warts are caused by the hpv virus, and are often not detected straight after you have transmitted the disease. Many months can pass from the time of infection to the actual development of warts, so it may be very difficult to determine whom you got them from. They can easily be treated by cream from the doctor.
Syphilis: if left untreated, syphilis is a dangerous and life-threatening disease. It is passed on through intercourse and almost all other forms of sexual interaction, including anal sex. The first symptom often appears between 9-90 days after exposure to the germ that causes it, and a small lump develops at the site of infection that soon breaks down to form an ulcer; usually painless. There is a secondary stage (characterised by fever, rashes and throat ulcers) and a tertiary stage, in which the germ may attack the brain and other organs and may cause death.
In order to avoid catching a sexually transmitted disease, there are a few things to bear in mind:
The fewer sexual partners you have, the lower your risk of infection;
Most sexually transmitted diseases can be avoided by practicing safe sex (using condoms);
You should avoid from having casual sex, as this increases your risk of coming into contact with an sti;
Both you and your partner should always get tested at a sexual health clinic before engaging in condom-free sex (using the pill is only a preventative against pregnancies); there is nothing wrong with getting tested at a sexual health clinic, as it's always better to be safe than sorry.