Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shyamala
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShyamalaYour feedback matters!
Hii my sister married age is 25 her right breast is larger then her left one is that because of any problem or is it normal .
When a mother complete its 4 month of pregnancy what must be the weight of twins nearly have for their healthy growth. please suggest some food for babies growth if babies have low weight as mother have is suffering from from both high bp and diabetes.
I have got vaginal infection, I have taken flucanoze yesterday but still no relief to me. Please advise what medication to be taken.
I am 29 years old. Married life is 3 years. We are trying to conceive from last 6 months. I have cyst and my period is irregular. From last 5 months when I can Meprate then period come. Now Dr. Advice me Letoval 2.5 mg. Can you please tell me is there necessary to go for ultrasound in 2 and 3 days gaping. Is this not harmful me? Or Can I take medicine without go for ultrasound.
Over the past decade, many women have opted for Breast Augmentation Surgery. It is a surgical process to improve the aesthetics of one's breast. Apart from giving a much needed lift to the bust size, the augmented breasts can lift up your confidence. Breast Augmentation Surgery, if gone wrong, can create a havoc. The outcome of the surgery can be influenced by a number of factors. Thus, before going under the knife, some important and vital points need to be taken care of.
- It is advisable to avail the services of an experienced surgeon, who has a higher success rate. A lot of confusions and apprehensions may arise during course of the surgery. An experienced surgeon will ease out the tension to a great extend and guide you better.
- Breast Augmentation is no child's play. Do not embark on breast augmentation surgery if you are below 18 years of age. It can result in serious health complications. Surgery can wait, but health once lost, will be gone forever.
- Know the type of implants to be used. Saline and Silicone implants are commonly used in breast augmentation. Both the implants come with their own sets of merits and demerits.
Being softer and smoother, Silicone implants give the augmented breasts a very natural feel. The chances of scalloping (the skin around the breasts appear wavy) are negligible in case of Silicone implants. However, the Silicone implants come pre-filled. Thus, a bigger incision is needed to get it inserted. Though approved by the FDA, leakage of the silicone implants into the body has been reported. The leakage can affect the health seriously. Interference of Silicone implants with the mammogram can also pose a serious threat.
The Saline implants, on the other hand, are not pre filled. Thus, a small incision is all it takes to get the implants inserted. Once inserted, the implants are filled with saline solution. The saline implants can also leak into the body, without any serious implications. The biggest limitation of saline implants is in the fact that it gives the breasts a very hard feel. Scalloping cannot be ruled out either.
Things to take care of:
- Do not go for breast augmentation surgery if you are planning to start a family in 1-2 years of time. A weaning or lactating lady should also avoid the surgery.
- The exact location of the implant is an important factor to ponder upon. One can go for an under the muscle or over the muscle implants.
- One can opt for a round implant or a tear shaped implant. The biggest USP of tear shaped implant lies in the fact that it gives a very natural feel to the augmented breasts. The round implants, on the other hand, are much safer to use.
- Go for the surgery only when you are physically, mentally and emotionally fit and healthy.
As we lead modern and fast lives, we have to make sure that we are ahead of competition in all aspects. Due to this we are hardly able to pay attention to our health and body issues. A lot of times we end up suffering more than we should because of the lack of timely help. A lot of times patients feel uncomfortable getting help for their health because they feel conscious about their condition and may be embarrassed to open up about it in front of anyone, not even a medical expert, this is most common in cases where people suffer from sexually transmitted diseases or STDs.
In the course of life and love, we may come across emotional and ideological troubles when we get affected mentally. There are also certain times when we end up contracting diseases that are spread through sexual contact. In such cases, people may seek medical help and may also opt for conventional medication. However, the better alternative, as experienced by a lot of people is to opt for the Ayurvedic medicines and treatments.
What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is a stream of medicinal study that has found details in Hindu scriptures about our day to day ailments. Ayurveda majorly uses the body systems, dietary habits and the breathing techniques to find treatment for health problems and it is seen that the STDs are also easily cured or controlled with the help of Ayurveda. More and more people in the modern times, have started understanding the importance of natural remedies and methods of treatment for a healthier future and that is how Ayurveda has gained in popularity.
Ayurveda is particularly preferred by people in the cases of sexually transmitted diseases because of the fact that the medicines from this stream do not cause side effects and other health problems and proves to be a mild form of medication. This also comes as a relief to those who may feel apprehensive about having their very private issues resolved by Ayurveda.
When a patient suffers from sexually transmitted diseases and needs to find a resolution to the problem, it may be important for them to visit the Ayurvedic expert and explain their problem to the expert. Once the problem is diagnosed and understood clearly, the expert may suggest a host of medicinal herbs that could be for consumption such as Nibadi Churna, Rasnadi Kvath Churna, Nyagrodhadhi Kvath churna and many more or the expert may suggest medication for topical application such as Somaraji oil and tamra bhasma.
The Ayurvedic doctor may also suggest a number of immunity boosting medicines, such as Neem capsules or Ashwashila capsules. Other herbal medicines that are created for deeper rooted issues may also be able to help in the problem. It is also important for a patient to make sure that the right practitioner in the field is chosen to discuss the problem clearly and receiving a diagnosis and medication accordingly.
Surrogacy is a boon for couples who cannot conceive naturally or give birth to a child. Surrogacy is a process in which a woman's unfertilized eggs are implanted into the uterus of another woman who is called the surrogate mother. The egg is fertilized in the surrogate mother's uterus with the biological father's sperm. The surrogate mother lets the child develop in her womb and gives birth. Although, there are various medical treatments available, but not all of them have a high success rate.
The two primary methods of surrogacy are:
- Traditional surrogacy: In this process, the surrogate mother is artificially inseminated with the sperm, which belongs to the biological father of the baby. The sperm gets implanted into the surrogate mother's uterus and the child develops in her womb.
- Gestational surrogacy: For women who want to have a biological child in spite of being incapable of pregnancy, the gestational surrogacy method is used. During the process, in-vitro fertilization is undertaken and the eggs from the woman who wants to become a biological mother are harvested. The eggs, along with the sperm from the biological father are implanted into the uterus of a surrogate mother, who will carry the embryo and will give birth to the child.
Process involved in surrogacy:
Here are the several processes and procedures, which need to be undertaken, after you have chosen a surrogate mother for carrying your child.
- Medical testing: After a surrogate mother is chosen, the woman goes through several health checkups, medical and psychological tests to ensure that she gives birth to a healthy child.
- Legal agreements: There are several legal considerations that have to be addressed for a surrogacy. All the legal requirements regarding the surrogacy should be written down. Some issues include both the surrogate mother and the biological parents. A financial contract must be presented as well, which will reimburse the medical expenses and requirements of the surrogate mother.
- Medical process: The medical processes required for surrogacy include in-vitro fertilization and the transfer of the eggs, which are done in a clinic under the supervision of a reproductive endocrinologist. The eggs are transferred to the uterus of the surrogate, where fertilization takes place after combining it with the sperms of the biological father.
- Pregnancy and birth: After successful fertilization, the surrogate mother gets pregnant. Proper care and precautions should be taken by her to ensure a successful birth. Finally, the surrogate mother gives birth to a child, who belongs to the biological parents.
This method of having a child has become very popular in the recent times. It is a great blessing for people who cannot conceive due to medical conditions or otherwise. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
Hi Dr. I have problem of period today my period is coming but no. Bleeding occur but lots of pain and I have ovarian cyst and white matter is excreted please give any medication clear my bleeding.
One of the most common scenarios that most people are faced with is a constant feeling of tiredness and lethargy even after you have had a full night’s sleep. The questions popping in your mind right about now is, why is this happening? Why does the lethargic feeling fail to leave you even after you had a proper 8 hours sleep? Why is your sleep getting into the way of your professional productivity? Though there are a number of different explanations to this constant feeling of cloudiness throughout the day, hence, experts in the field have listed down some of the factors that prove to be the major causes behind this condition.
Some of these most common and powerful reasons are listed below.
- Thyroid: The moment your thyroid levels start soaring, you will automatically find it difficult to keep up with the pace that your day to day life demands. The thyroid gland, which is placed right in front of the throat, is the size of the knot on your tie. This gland produces a hormone. When the activity of the thyroid gland, it starts secreting more and more of the hormones, leading to a condition termed as hyperthyroidism. The same gland when underperforms, it starts holding back the hormone secretion, leading to a condition called hypothyroidism. In both the cases the metabolism of the body slows down, leading to an increased level of tiredness even after proper sleep.
- Anaemia: Another leading cause of that nagging feeling of sleepiness and draining energy is Anaemia. Anaemia causes a certain amount of fatigue in an individual. The main cause influencing this situation is the lack of presence of enough red blood cells. The main function of these red blood cells is to transfer oxygen constantly from the long to the cells and tissues. A break in this process leads to you feeling weak and also short of breath.
- Diabetes: Diabetes poses a serious threat to the all over functioning of your body. It is termed as the slow killer and constantly works towards undermining the level of energy a normal individual can hold. This adversely affects your day to day life, including your performance at work and also performing your daily chores at home. The glucose in your body serves as a fuel for your daily activities. Since patients with type 2 diabetes cannot use this rising glucose in their blood properly, they end up being more tired than they ought to be.
Other conditions that lead to the same draining feeling and constant tiredness even after lot of sleep are depression, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue, sleep apnea, sleep inertia, periodic limb movement disorder, constant exposure to computer screens, tv screen, monitors, etc. There are a whole bag of other factors that lead to the constant feeling of tiredness that you are feeling. Before the end of the day, you are drained, your productivity drops and you cannot wait to hit the bed, and the same is the condition when you get out of bed. Consulting a general physician will not only help you put a finger on the cause, but also cure it with proper treatment.