Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shyamala
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. ShyamalaYour feedback matters!
Kidney stones are salt and mineral deposits that accumulate inside the kidneys. Your treatment may depend on the severity of your condition; ranging from medications to surgery. Once you have had kidney stones, there is an increased chance of you experiencing the problem again. Preventive measures can help in reducing your risk of kidney stones.
Prevention of kidney stones
Medical recommendations about preventive measures can help you keep kidney stones at bay. Here are top tips to prevent recurring kidney stones.
- Hydrate Well: Drinking sufficient water is an extremely important kidney stone preventive measure. The amount of urine your body produces depends on your consumption of water and other liquids. If you exercise quite often or live in a place with hot or arid climate, you may further need to increase your water intake. Ideally drink enough water for your body to produce 2 to 2.5 litres of urine every day. You can also include lemon juice mixed with water or fresh orange juice in your diet. These juices contain citrate, which can prevent formation of kidney stones.
- Take Dietary Precautions: Altering your diet may be necessary to prevent recurring kidney stones.
- Oxalate is a naturally-occurring compound in foods, which may bind with calcium to form kidney stones. To prevent kidney stones, you may need to stop or limit intake of foods high in oxalate, such as beets, soy products, spinach, sweet potatoes, rhubarb, peanuts etc.
- However, you don’t need to cut calcium from your diet. In fact, if you eat calcium and oxalate foods at the same time, you can further reduce your risk of kidney stones. Calcium binds with oxalate inside the digestive track, thereby, lowering the chances of kidney stone formation. Though use calcium supplements only as per your doctor’s recommendations.
- Reduce your intake of salt. Excessive salt can increase the amount of calcium in urine and form kidney stones.
- Eat animal protein in moderation as meat is acidic in nature, as to much uric acid in urine can cause both uric acid stones and calcium oxalate ones.
- Foods and drinks high in sugar can also increase uric acid in urine. So, it is better to limit their intake if you have a history of kidney stones.
- Take Medications: If you are a kidney stone patient, you also need to take medications to prevent recurrence of the problem. Without medicine use, the risk of kidney stones in patients may increase.
Once you have had kidney stones, you need to take caution for life. Without proper medicines and diet precautions, not only you increase your risk of kidney stones but also of other kidney diseases. Heed the recommendations of your doctor or consult with a good nephrologist. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have hair problem means I have observe a patch of skin in my hair where there is no hair. So what is it? how I will get my hair back? I m a girl so it is quite dangerous for me. Which food I should avoid in my diet?
I'm getting too much of hair fall from past 3 years. I have less blood in my body. What are the solutions to reduce my hair fall?
I want my height to be increased. Is there any way to increase my height or any supplements which will surely increase my height.
How can we increase a height of girl that is 20 year old and methods or any medicine without any side effect.
Hello sir my friend is 21 years old he is very weak in health. His diet is very good. Any solution for him?
The condition occurs when white blood cells attack the cells in hair follicles, causing them to shrink and dramatically slow down hair production. It is unknown precisely what causes the body's immune system to target hair follicles in this way.
While scientists are unsure why these changes occur, it seems that genetics are involved as alopecia areata is more likely to occur in a person who has a close family member with the disease. One in five people with the disease has a family member who has also developed alopecia areata.
Other research has found that many people with a family history of alopecia areata also have a personal or family history of other autoimmune disorders, such as atopy (a disorder characterized by a tendency to be "hyperallergicThyroiditis,Vitiligo .Despite what many people think, there is very little scientific evidence to support the view that alopecia areata is caused by stress. Extreme cases of stress could potentially trigger the condition, but most recent research points toward a genetic cause.