Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shweta Atheeshwar
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta AtheeshwarYour feedback matters!
I have left eye heaviness and ear pain sometimesfrom past two weeks, it was also last year but gone completely. Now started again. I do not have any other medical history I am wearing specs and have farsight vision problem but my specs no of both eyes is same since 2014. No headaches, no eye pain at all. I have noticed one thing, that when I pull my nose down or eyebrow up I fell relaxed And I also suffer from constipation sometimes but eye heaviness is started again this year I am very worried because of this. I have lot of stress and tension due to this problem. I google this but found no help. Note ear pain is not regular it happens for a short duration but eye heaviness is for long duration. When I wake up in morning I feel no heaviness or can say less heaviness. Everything is in left side. Help me please Suggest me something plz.
I feel headache in some part of my head sometimes and when I go out from room in light, suddenly I also start feeling pain in my eyes. I m facing this problem for two years. Am I suffering from migraine?
Good morning sir My eyes are yellow. I'm sleeps very much. So please Sir tell me how I can control it?
How to increase eye vision? My specs power increases after every three months. I want to increase my eye power naturally. I want to remove specs.
M22 I have suffering from eye swelling/puffy eyes since last night. Please give me a proper solution.
I suddenly had red eyes and my eyes are aching and I also had stomach pain and constipation and indigestion what I should do.
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.