Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta AtheeshwarYour feedback matters!
My eyes are looking yellow, but my urine is white, appetite is normal, no tiredness. So why my eyes looking yellow.
I have swollen eyelid for last 2 days. The area has become yellow its itching inside. I have taken antibiotics swelling is lowered but small area has swollen now also and its paining on touching. What to do? Why this happens? It has happened few month back also.
I have lot of itching in my eyes sometimes. Can I get reason for that. I have checked my eyes. I don't have spec. It normal. I spend most of time on lapi. Also I hv some physical examination of eyes after few months.
My eye sight is week after getting hit by cricket ball on left eye, what should I do now for increase eye sight?
Hi my eyes are weak and have a 6/12 vision not 12/12. I have astigmatism with -3.5 cyllindrical power and never been to a doctor for checkup. Even after wearing spects i cannot see a clear vision. Should i go for LASIK treatment and get my vision 12/12 or is their any other way to do so.
My eye is aching from previous five days and water comes out continually m very afraid for that its very major problem for me suggest me the best way to come over it.
Redness, pain, swelling, itching. Discharge of water from my left eye. Same problem to all other family members
I am decided to wear braces for teeth but my dentist want to remove two upper teeth and two lower teeth But my friends saying that by removing teeth it effects your eye. Is it true it causes any effect on eye, it effects any another body part or it causes any effect on future?
When I watch something in bright light and then come back to dim light I use to see some dark spots before me. Is there any problem related to my eyes?
I am 23 years old. I sleep 8-9 hours a day but still I have constant dark rings around my eyes. Also my eyes looks as if I have put red kajal in my eyes when exposed to sun and the dark circles increases that time. Please guide me.
While it's assumed that numerous eye injuries are inflicted at work, just about the same number of them may happen while at home. Luckily, most eye wounds are preventable. Find ways to prevent eye injuries, as the eyes are very sensitive and delicate.
Here is a list of some of the most common eye injuries and tips on how to prevent them:
- A lot of eye injuries happen from dust particles entering the eyes, causing itching and burning sensation. Protective glasses should be worn when doing any kind of activity in a dusty area with flying particles.
- Pencils, scissors, forks, knives and all similar sharp objects can cause a serious eye injury. Day to day household items like bungee cords, wire coat hangers, rubber bands and fishhooks are capable of causing eye injuries. You must always remain aware and super conscious while using such objects.
- While performing activities such as dusting, sweeping or lawn mowing, make sure to protect your eyes well as dust is involved.
- Children are very curious by nature. Thus, all hazardous stuff like fertilizers, acids should be kept away from their reach. These contain harmful chemicals, which may inflict fatal damage to the eyes.
- Cooking powder and spices like chili powder can cause injury to the eye. Always wash your hands after using these items, so that you don't harm the eyes if you by chance rub them with your hands.
- Precautions should be taken while dealing with heat or boiling water or oil. They may spill and cause damage to the eyes.
- Secure floor coverings and railings. On the off chance that a kid or elderly man lives in your home, use a safety gate at the top and base of stairs, and consider covering sharp furniture edges and corners with a padding material.
- While travelling in a car, abrupt jerking or breaks may cause the head to bump and cause injury to the eye. Always put on your seat belt and do not allow children to sit in the front of a car.
- Many modern toys, which are very attractive have got sharp edges because of their fancy design. Abstain children from playing with these kinds of toys.
- Laser pointers, a common fun gadget for children is very harmful and causes permanent damage to the retina. Stay away from laser pointers.
- Wear eye gear to protect your eyes during sports activities. Also wear goggles during swimming as chlorine in swimming pool water damages the eyes.
Eye injuries may happen out of nowhere. You must always remain alert to avoid eye injuries.