Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Shuba CharlesYour feedback matters!
Have very low energy levels. Don't know why. I had been the fastest athlete at school and still would be faster than most of the people around. However, I don't feel excited about anything. Feel low and drained for most of the time. Have gastric issues with irregular bowel movements. Tried exercising for a week but that didn't help but leaded to further fatigue. I tend to get irritated very soon and can feel irritation in my gut when feeling irritated. I struggle with responding spontaneously but can produce best of responses given time. Lack of spontaneity adversely impacts both at home and at work as well. Please suggest some remedy.
I am 35 years old and I have gastric problem and get early tired and low stamina and forget things. Please help.
I have short time memory power I forgot everything with in the short period of time so please suggest me how can I increase my memory power?
My girlfriend use to eat black board chalks and when I asked her she said that she knows that it is not good for health but she can't stop herself as she said tell me what happened to her and how she can be treated she is suffering from PICA Tell me how to treat her.
Sir I had a habit of smoking and I had stopped that and I am facing some headache problems can you please help for that ?
I have mood swings. A minute ago I would be happy and then Sad thinking about my studies and pressure. What should i do to cure?
My cousin was a 16 and he was Mistakenly go in a wrong path he was addicted to porn addiction and he used to do hand job regularly his parents and I was very worried about his character and how to help him from stopping to porn addiction and how to stop hand job.
Sir, I am a teenager. I am irritating with backpain (At the end of spinal cord). But I have a bad habit. I masturbates daily. Is it the cause of my backpain. I am very tensed. Will it affect my future.Please tell.
I am 20 years old female I always feel depressed becoz my parents always compare me with my siblings as they are more good in studies than me. Wat can I do I also try to work hard but I m nt as gud as them. Bcoz of this reason I have develop hate like feeling towards my family and I always feel angry so kindly help me.
Sir mai jab bee sunlight mai ratha hu tu mara sarer me pain hota hai asa lagta hai ke koi sui chub rahe ho.
Helo, I am 23 years old. I have my back pain to much and also when I head down spinal gets paining. I also have severe headache frequently which is very much painful. This is causing me a huge problem in studies as I can not sit for several hours. Please help.
I want to know how a person can be treated who is afflicted with Alzheimer's disease? What is Alzheimer's disease?
Warning Signs of Mental Illness
The mind or the brain is the master computer, the site of our consciousness, thoughts and memories. We often tend to think of our mind as a separate entity, but the mind and the body are linked and just like our body, the mind too is susceptible to illnesses. The idea of mental illness makes us feel vulnerable and helpless and we dismiss the possibility of mental illness as something that “will not happen to me” or “is in my control”. But like all other illnesses, mental disorders too, are ultimately not in our control. More importantly, they are readily treatable with medications and therapy.
Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions/disorders that affect our mood, thinking and behavior. They include depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, eating disorders, alcohol/drugs abuse and many others. All of us feel sad, anxious, stressed and have occasional sleepless nights. So when does a mental health concern become a problem? When the signs and symptoms persist and affect our regular day-to-day activities, it’s probably time to seek help.
Awareness is the first step to treatment. Learning about the signs and symptoms will allow you to seek help early and get back to a healthy and happy life.
If several of the following symptoms are recurring, it is advisable to consult a mental health professional.
1. Withdrawal: Recent social withdrawal and lack of interest in others are a common sign that you may have a problem in hand.
2. Drop in functioning: There is a sudden unusual drop in functioning at school, work or other social activities such as withdrawing from sports, failing in school or difficulty in performing ordinary tasks.
3. The problem with thinking: You face complications with concentration, memory or rational thoughts and speech that are hard to explain.
4. Increased sensitivity: There is a heightened sensitivity to sights, sounds, smells or physical contact and a tendency to avoid stimulating situations.
5. Apathy: There is a loss of desire or initiative to participate in any social activity.
6. Feeling disconnected: You experience a vague feeling of detachment from yourself or your surrounding and a sense of unreality encircles you (paranoia or hallucinations).
7. Illogical thinking: You have an exaggerated belief about your personal powers to understand meanings or influence events. You suffer from irrational or magical thinking, typical of childhood in an adult.
8. Nervousness: You have a feeling of fear, you are skeptical of others or have a strong nervous feeling.
9. Sleep or appetite changes: You experience sleep disorders, significant tiredness and appetite changes and even decline in personal care.
10. Mood swings: There are rapid or dramatic shifts in feelings ranging from excessive anger; hostility or violence to suicidal thoughts.