Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shriraam MahadevanYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from regular fatigue and dizziness. I do take diabetic medicine. But it never helped me. Rather I feel more dizziness whenever I take diabetic medicine (Metformin). Please advice how to get rid of these symptoms as it is having negative impact on my productivity.
Hi I am 60 years of age and suffer from diabetes type 2 recently my blood sugar shot up with 427 pp and I feel restless I have taking amaryl 3mg and glycophige 1000 shall I go for insulin injection or change my medicine
I am aged 54 and diabetic since 12 years on madicines. Sugar level controlled well with slight deviation. Feeling sexual problem of irrectile disfunction and pre mature ejac. Use sildenafil 100 with no desirable effect. Want to take dapoxetin as advised by some user. Trird with some chemist but not found. Want to know that is this product restricted or banned. Further the question is (i) should I use it (ii) if yes, from where to get it, if not obtainable easily from the market.
What is Calcarea carbonica? Can I take it as I am having hypothyroid and weight is gaining. What dosage will be better?
I have thyroid and I am taking thyronorm 75 mcg current thyroid is 2.270. I am getting my periods 56 days. Now light spotting from 2 days. Hpt is negative. Is there a chance of pregnancy.
My father is been using thyronorm tabs 100 mg since 10 yrs. The recent thyroid test report suggest Hypofunction. The T3 value is of 43; T4 is of 1.6 and TSH states 129.40 value. Is it suggested to increase the dose?
Father name md ismail, age 62, he is suffering from bp, diabetes from past 7years, now his creatinine level is 3.08, he is having too much of shoulder pain, back pain, not much energy doing diet not having oily food, no non veg, only vegetables withoutych salt, but anyways bp n sugar is normal, sometimes swelling of face as well. Sugar- 140 Bp - 140/90 Haemoglobin- 10.2 Random blood sugar-128 Urea- 59.4 Uric acid- yes 8.8 Urine Albumin 2 Sugar- nil. Because of creation he is suffering lot from shoulder pain not able to lift hand up n back pain as well so we are worried about this, which will be the best solution to go at this condition, what can be done to make it completely cure for creatinine n be normal as before. So can you please suggest us how it can be cured soon from medicine or naturally which will effect fast which option will be the best. Can you please suggest us n give best solution to this problem we will b very much thankful to you. Waiting for your response as soon as possible.
I hv put on abt 6 kgs during past few months. My weight was stable at 63-64 kgs. Stomach has become big. I am diabetic patient.
I am 23 year old female. I have diabetic problem. Please tell me how can I put on my weight. I have a very weak personality. What type of meal should I take? Any recommendations for proteins.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that results in higher levels of blood sugar in the body. It is assuming epidemic proportions, and India has become the new diabetic capital with more than 50 million diabetic people. The main problem with diabetes is it does not completely go away, and there is a whole myriad of issues that it brings along with it. Heart attacks, strokes, eyesight problems, delayed wound healing, nerve damage and impotence. Therefore, diabetes and by that we mainly mean blood sugar levels have to be managed so that there is delay in onset of the associated conditions and/or reduced in severity.
Ayurveda refers to diabetes as Prameha (excessive urination) and Madhumeha (sugary urine) and has identified close to 20 forms of the disease. According to Ayurvedic belief, each disease is caused due to imbalance in kapha, pitta, and vata doshas and diabetes is caused by all these, predominantly by kapha. With any stream of medicine, management of diabetes involves two tracks - one is lifestyle changes and the second is medications.
Lifestyle changes include the following:
- Diet: Reduce the amount of rice, sugar, potato, sweet fruits, maida, deep fried foods, and red meat. Protein-rich foods like lentils, soya, green leafy vegetables and fish should be increased. Diet plan should change to small, frequent meals instead of binge eating.
- Exercise: Include 30 minutes of regular exercise into your daily routine if you have a diabetic predisposition.
- Others: Avoid smoking and alcohol, ensure sufficient sleep, avoid sleeping during day time, improved foot and eye care, periodically check sugar levels, and manage stress levels.
Ayurveda has a whole lot of home remedies proven to be very effective against diabetes.
- Jambhul: Eugenia Jambolana whether eaten raw or juice extract has been shown to have beneficial effects in managing sugar levels and cholesterol.
- Gymnema sylvestre: Used to manage diabetes for over 2000 years, it reduces sugar cravings and is being touted as the future for diabetes treatment.
- Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia): It has 3 components that give it strong antidiabetic properties. The charantin reduces blood sugar levels; the polypeptide has insulin-like effects; and lectin that again has hypoglycemic effects.
- Bel (Aegle marmelos): Also known as wood apple, leaves of the plant are shown to have antidiabetic properties. 5 to 10 leaves can be chewed on a daily basis to help control blood sugar levels.
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Consuming 10 g of fenugreek seeds soaked in water increases the amount of insulin produced, thereby increasing sugar breakdown.
- Neem: Chewing about 4 to 5 leaves in the morning on an empty stomach helps to control blood sugar levels. Alternately, neem leaves powder is available which can be dissolved in water and consumed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.