Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShobhaYour feedback matters!
Hi am a cricketer from mumbai. I got hit by direct ball on my right leg on my nails. Its painful. What to do?
I am 17 years old male I have digestion problem food doesn't digest like common man in general digestion time, and I feel very weakness and laziness and I have itches in some of body parts like neck, hand, chest since 8 months and I tried many medicine but nothing happen.
Ayurveda, translated into science of life and longevity, has been practiced in India for more than 5000 years old and has gained worldwide popularity. It uses noninvasive and natural methods and produces minimal side effects and therefore is being widely accepted.
Ayurveda believes that the body is made of pitta, vata, and kapha doshas. Any disease is the result of imbalance between these or predominance of one over the others. Hair loss or alopecia is believed to be imbalance in the pitta dosha. This leads to slower hair growth, weak hair, and greater hair fall rate.
Something that affects image and self - esteem, many would like to cure or at least halt baldness. There are various treatment options that have a dual effect on baldness - reduce hair fall and promote hair growth, thereby providing a holistic treatment for baldness.
- Bhringraj Oil (Eclipta elba): It is used since centuries and promotes the normal hair growth cycle in an accelerated way. It activates a large number of hair follicles and therefore, regular application is believed to help prevent alopecia (baldness).
- Amla (Phyllanthus emblica): While baldness has many reasons, dandruff is one of the most important and common causes. Amla is added to many hair oil formulations because of its proven effect to reduce dandruff. It acts on the fungi that thrive on the scalp and reduces inflammation of the scalp.
- Shikakai (Acacia concinna): Another very popular herb is the Shikakai. Used as a hair cleansing agent by many people, it is devoid of the chemical effect that shampoos carry. The pods are proven to prevent dandruff and promote hair growth.
- Tectona grandis: Another active ingredient of Ayurvedic formulations, the seeds of Tectona promote growth and development of hair follicles. Large number of follicles are activated, thereby producing thicker, fuller hair.
- Cuscuta reflexa: Another reason for baldness is hormonal imbalance, especially in males. Abnormalities with androgen, the male hormone, can trigger abnormal hair loss. Adding Cuscuta has been proven to reverse baldness by promoting a better anagen/telogen ratio, where hair follicle maturation happens. In baldness cases, maturation happens only in about 20% of the follicles. Cuscuta activates the follicles and increases follicular density. It also manages the hormonal imbalance by preventing conversion of testosterone into a variant called dihydrotestosterone that is believed to cause the damage.
While these and various other substances are believed to reduce baldness and promote hair growth, it is always important to remember that each body will respond differently to these substances. Thorough physical examination and a detailed history should be done before starting any of these products.
Related Tip: "All About Male Pattern Baldness"