Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Shobana Priya

Gynaecologist, Chennai

Dr. Shobana Priya Gynaecologist, Chennai
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage....more
I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage.
More about Dr. Shobana Priya
Dr. Shobana Priya is a popular Gynaecologist in Kodambakkam, Chennai. You can meet Dr. Shobana Priya personally at Best Hospital in Kodambakkam, Chennai. Book an appointment online with Dr. Shobana Priya on has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Best Hospital

Vellala Street No 9, Kodambakkam. Landmark:Opposite D A Power House, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Shobana Priya

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

One minute intense Exercise can keep Fit

FRHS, Ph.D Neuro , MPT - Neurology Physiotherapy, D.Sp.Med, DPHM (Health Management ), BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Chennai
One minute intense Exercise can keep Fit

A new study of interval training found out that 60 seconds of strenuous exertion proved to be successful at improving health and fitness as 45 minutes of moderate exercise.

High-intensity interval training is a type of workout that consists of an extremely draining but brief burst of exercise essentially a sprint followed by light exercises such as jogging or resting then another sprint, more rest and so on.

2 people found this helpful

I am 19 years old and my marriage was on 30 april 2016 and I am having unprotected sex with my hubby till now 27 /06/ 2016. Still i did not get pregnant? Please suggest.

DNB (Obstetrics and Gynecology), MBBS
Gynaecologist, Mumbai
Hi lybrate-user, you are quite young and not everybody conceives in the first month. Keep trying. If you do not conceive in the next six months then I shall suggest you some tests.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, I got married 2 months ago and my last date to be on a period was on 17th, somehow it did not happen and my pregnancy report was found positive. Now, I want to know whether this can be avoided by taking the medicine. Would also like to know whether there are any side effects of it.

MBBS, MD Psychiatry, DNB Psychiatry
Psychiatrist, Nagpur
Yes. This pregnancy can be terminated with medicines, if the period of pregnancy is less than 12 weeks. Upto 18-20 weeks it can be terminated using other methods. In any case you need to personally consult a gynecologist.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello Dr. I have gone through c-section on 27 march 2016 but till now ci do not get my period and I also do unprotected sex with my hubby is there any chances of pregnancy.

General Physician, Chandigarh
Your don't get periods sometimes or irregular periods when you are breastfeeding the baby but unprotected sex can land you up in another pregnancy anytime so use protection.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Is it normal to have hurt burn constipation and excessive (sometime) white discharge during pregnancy.

Minimal invasive surgery in gynaecology, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, DNB, MBBS
Gynaecologist, Mumbai
Some amount of white discharge is normal in pregnancy and it is more than pre-pregnant state. But if you feel it is excessive better to get it checked by your obstetrician. Constipation, gastritis and urinary infections are more common in pregnancy.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, I am 25 years old married woman. I am getting pain on my above the right side breast. Not the every time sometimes it pains. Please suggest me the solution. Thankyou.

MD - Homeopathy, BHMS
Homeopath, Palakkad
Please take following homoeopathic medicines for 2 weeks. Let me know the result. 1. Bryonia 30 4 pills morning and night 2. Arnica 200 4 pills 3 times 3. Mag phos 6x tabs, 4 tabs 3 times. All the medicines must be taken after food. Avoid coffee and lemon while taking these medicines for better results.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from PCOD. And anemia and also irregular period, over weight. Please give me solutions.

MBBS, DNB - Obstetrics & Gynecology
Gynaecologist, Mumbai
Hi irregular periods, weight gain and pcod goes hand in hand. Solution to it is to reduce weight. U can consult me on personal consultation for further help.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Mam meri mangter ko 10 week ka baby hi koi option hi kya ki medicine se WO alag hosake shadi ko abhi 4 saal hai.

General Physician, Mumbai
I will suggest you to go to a Gynaecologist for taking oral abortion pills after clinical examination.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My wife loose her virginity loose after 1.5 years. But when it break no bleeding come from vagina . Why 1.5 years require to loose virginity. Why bleeding not come what is the reason behind that.

BASM, MD, MS (Counseling & Psychotherapy), MSc - Psychology, Certificate in Clinical psychology of children and Young People, Certificate in Psychological First Aid, Certificate in Positive Psychology
Psychologist, Palakkad
Dear lybrate user. I think you are confusing yourself. There is no necessity that blood should come when a girl loose virginity. Over and above majority of girls loose their virginity in their teen ages itself. Take care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am going to do d-lap for infertility as advised by doc .my dbt is shall we try for baby immediately after d-lap .is it easy to conceive after dng dlap.

Gynaecologist, Pune
If the diagnostic laparoscopy is normal, you may plan to get pregnant immediately. If it shows any abnormality, that needs to be treated first.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi. Been seven months getting married. Me n my husband trying to conceive for the past three months but got no positive result. Is there something that we are lacking we are so depressed . Wat do we do personally consult a doctor or please help.

MBBS, DGO, MD, Fellowship in Gynae Oncology
Gynaecologist, Delhi
Hello, You should try for atleast one year to conceive after marriage. You can try in favorable period of your month. Get follicular monitoring done to see if you are ovulating every month.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello I had tubectomy in 2013, my last period on 29th March 2017 I did pregnancy test it was negative and from 10 days I had constipation problem what will suggest.

International Academy of Classical Homeopathy, BHMS
tak oena 12c one dose per day for10 days alum 30c once aday for 8days sulph 200 one dose fpr 3 days sil 30 one dose for 6 day mother tincture hydr
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My menstrual circle is not correct. Some times it comes once in 3 months. What can I do for a healthier regular menstrual cycle? Pls advise me some medicines.

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Ludhiana
Your problem can be due to anaemia or hormonal imbalance due to stress. I will advice you below given homoeopathic medicinesfor 5-6 months nd surely you will be normal--------------- pulsatilla nig 30 (dr reckeweg) drink 5 drops in 1spoon fresh water daily night----- agnus castus pentarkan (wilmar schwabe india) chew 2 tab 3 times daily-------------------- mensoaid syrup (bakson) drink 2 sspoons in evening.------------- ferrum sip (sbl) drink 1 spoon twice daily------------ things to do------------------ 1. Daily intake of atleat 2 fruit from apple, banaba, pomegranate, papaya, grapes,--------- 2.2 glass milk daily------------- 3. Lots of water daily------------ 4. Have a sound sleep------------ 5. Start taking a good iron supplement-----------------
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 22 years old, and have four diseases which include pocs, thyroid, appendicitis and urti. How to combat this while studying because I am a student of mba too?

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician,
Appendicitis and uti can be cured by medicine or surgery. Pcod also needs needs and thyroid also can be controlled with medicines and you need not worry about studies. Ask me privately if more advice needed.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, I 25 female 2 years before had c section. I have my first son. I am still feeding him. I want stop breast feeding so pls help me out. And even I am gaining my weight from my hip. Is tat due to often intimacy. Or because of my low HB level.

M.Sc. in Dietetics and Food Service Management , Post Graduate Diploma In Computer Application, P.G.Diploma in Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics , B.Sc.Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Mumbai
Do regular exercise like crunches and pushups daily to reduce belly fat. Give your child mashed potatoes, mashed fruits and vegetables, suji or ragi kheer etc.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello doctor, I had my period from 1st of September to 4th of September and I have again got them today on 19th of September. Is it normal? I usually have a 30 day cycle.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hello, Sometimes the date of menses do vary, may be because of nutritional deficiencies, more stress/ tension, physical exertion of any kind, etc. Take healthy food, avoid unhealthy ones, take 6-9hrs.of sound sleep, do light exercises daily - means lead a healthy lifestyle! The commonest cause is nutritional deficiency. So, meantime, suggesting you general tonics which will supply your body with calcium and iron - Five Phos. and Alfaalfa Tonic - take both the medicines thrice a day daily for 1 month.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Can I drink licorice tea to get rid of pcos / endometriosis symptoms. If not can you please suggest some suggestions to get rid of pcos and endometriosis. I am planning to conceive.

MBBS, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, DNB (Obstetrics and Gynecology), Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (MRCOG)
Gynaecologist, Pune
PCOS is not a curable disorder; however it can definitely be controlled. If you have irregular periods and trying to conceive; losing weight and taking Ovulation medication under the supervision of a fertility specialist should help. It would be heartening for you to know that the chance of pregnancy with Ovulation Induction is very good. In rare cases, Laparoscopic Ovarian Drilling/ IUI/ IVF may be required.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

For past few months I am facing problem in my left breast, it pains specially in night. And also there is kind of knot in my breast. Help me.

Oncologist, Faridabad
Dear mam, if you have found a lump in your breast, it should be evaluated by a clinician to ascertain the same and if indicated then ultrasound or mammography can be done and needle aspiration if required. Breast pain is usual if your periods are nearing due to inflammation or swelling of breast due to hormonal changes and you can do fomentation and take some pain killer for temporary period also vitamin e supplement some times help.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed