Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shobana Mahadevan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shobana MahadevanYour feedback matters!
Sir I had undergone bartholin cyst operation one week before. What are the care should be taken now?
Intestinal parasites-Tape warm, ring warm, thread worm, Whip worm........You would have heard about them.
We all are living in an environment full of toxins and Parasites. Toxins makes our immunity weak, let the parasite get entered into our blood and get settled in our gut. And now whatever good we are having is not nourishing us, but firstly to our tiny unwanted guest.
The signs of a parasite can often appear unrelated and unexplained. It is typically seen, parasites causes more constipation in patients than diarrhoea, but some parasites are capable of changing the fluid balance in your gut and causes diarrhoea. Trouble sleeping, skin irritations, mood changes, and muscle pain can all be caused by the toxins that parasites release into the bloodstream. These toxins often cause anxiety, which can manifest itself in different ways. For instance, waking up in the middle of the night or grinding your teeth in your sleep are signs that your body is experiencing anxiety while you rest. When these toxins interact with your neurotransmitters or blood cells, they can cause mood swings or skin irritation, Rashes or Itchiness.
Few others signs are:
- Iron-deficiency anaemia
- Itchy bottom
- Worms in stool
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Wheezing or cough
- Irritability and general weakness
You can get infected by:
- Walking barefoot in the garden, playground or any infected soil; for example, hookworm larvae burrow through the skin of bare feet.
- Ingesting worm eggs through eating fruits, vegetables, grains, fish and meat contaminated with roundworm or whip worm.
- Washing fruits and vegetables with contaminated water.
- Transfer of the parasitic worms from pets to owner.
- Coming in contact with the soil that has been contaminated with human faeces from an infected person.
- Not washing hands with soap and water after defecating. Open air defecation also increases the risk of worm infestation.
Worm infestation affects normal growth in children and can cause malnutrition in adults too. Thus, it is recommended to de-worm babies in every six months after they turn one. De-worming medication kills adult worms but not the eggs + new infection form above mentioned sources makes repetition of the dose in every six months vital, even in adults too.
In Ayurveda, there are natural remedies for de- worming. That are safe and effective:
- Ajwain (carom seeds): Ajwain seeds taken with jaggery dissolved in cold water early in the morning expels worms during defecation.
- Castor Oil : Take 1 spoon Castor oil and eat 10 gm Sugar on an empty stomach. One of the best remedy for all intestinal parasite. (It can raise the frequency of defecation)
- Bael (Bengal quince, wood apple): The fruit kills the worm within the body which is then expelled with stools.
- Palasha (flame of the forest): Effective in treating roundworms. Take the seeds with buttermilk twice daily.
- Tulsi (sweet basil): Seeds of Tulsi in water or even chewing the leaves on an empty stomach is an effective remedy for all parasitic worms, including tapeworm.
So protect yourself and your loved ones from intestinal parasites. Keep your gut Happy and yourself Healthy.