Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shobana Mahadevan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shobana MahadevanYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am 21 years old. And I have taken a medical abortion kit almost 8 days ago for pregnancy termination. Mt kit mifegest. And after that I have started bleeding and clotting. I want to know that how many days bleeding will continue and how can I confirm the termination of pregnancy? How many days it will took?
Hi, On 20 th day of period actually the pain in the vagina when we are in sexual intercourse why? Its leads to pregnancy?
Dietician says that the best way to lose weight is through a weight loss diet. Every second or third person you meet wishes to lose weight now a days. So, if you wish to lose weight, the best way to lose weight is by following weight loss plans with a proper diet to lose weight. The Lucknow dietician says that, the best weight loss diet is:
Weight loss plans:
- Dietician says that the best weight loss diet is the one that includes the intake of:
- Whole eggs- Since they are high in protein and contain good fats, eggs are best if you need to lose weight.
- Leaf greens- Leafy greens such as spinach, kale etc. should be included in your weight loss plan. They have several properties which make them perfect for a weight loss diet.
- Beans and legumes- Best way to lose weight is to include beans and legumes in your diet to lose weight. This includes lentils, kidney beans etc. These are high in protein and fibre; these two nutrients are good in making you feel satiated.
- Soups- Also include soups in your diet to lose weight. Soups are very healthy and also contain fewer calories. Include various vegetable soups in your diet plan for weight loss.
- Fruits- Intake lots and lots of fruits in your diet. For a diet plan for weight loss, fruits are a must.
- Chia seeds- Chia seeds are also known to aid in weight loss. They are very nutritious as well. So chia seeds should also be included in your diet to lose weight.
- Salmon- Salmon fish is extremely healthy. It is satiating, and also keeps you full for a longer time with fewer calories. Salmon is very high in protein and it is loaded with other necessary nutrients as well. Therefore, salmon should be a part of your diet to lose weight and your weight loss plan.
- Online diet plans: Dietician says that today online diet plans are very effective. Various online dieticians suggest online diet plans for best way to lose weight, various diet plans for weight loss, and other weight loss plans. Various nutritionists and dieticians have online clinics now a day. They can tell you the best way to lose weight through diet food.
Respected doctor, I am obese, and 22 year old female, I had my last menstrual period from 11 march-14 march. Since then. I missed my period, on 10 today doc prescribed me to a medicine which reduce stress, but I can't follow it. On 29 April I go to another hospital and they prescribed me methridoxyprogestrone acetate and my upt is negative .it take the medicine for 4-5 days. On 10 may I got my period up to 5 days. I can't go for blood test and ultrasound due to my busy schedule. I seen hair growth too on my face. Now, 13 June and I didn't get my period. I adopt healthy lifestyle, I reduced 2 kg of weight, I drink double tanned milk once morning and then in night. Today I go to same doctor who prescribe me with stress reduction medicine, she prescribed me with primolut n.and not advising for blood test and ultrasound now. Please help doc. What can I do?
I have been advise by my doctor to take the deviry tablet so I have already taken 3 pills. But my periods haven't started yet please suggest me something for getting periods.
Blood in urine, medically known as Hematuria is not usually a cause of concern, but it can translate into an adverse condition if left unevaluated. The kidneys and other structures in the urinary tracts such as urethra (tube connecting the bladder to the outer part of the body); bladder (that stores the urine) and ureters (tube joining the bladder to the kidney) are the sources of blood flow to the urine. Hematuria can be accompanied by symptoms such as discharge of tea-colored, brownish-red or pink colored urine due to the presence of red blood cells, traces of which can only be detected under the microscope.
Underlying causes behind this disorder might be
- Urinary tract infections is where the bacteria enter the body through the urethra and begin to proliferate in the bladder.
- Kidney infections (pyelonephritis) is when bacteria infiltrate into the kidneys from the bloodstream or travel up from the uterus to the kidneys.
- A kidney or a bladder stone is marked by the minerals in the concentrated urine precipitating out and molding into crystals that deposit on the bladder or kidney walls.
- Enlarged prostate is a condition in which the prostate gland, that is situated just below the bladder surrounding the upper part of the urethra, starts growing as males head towards their middle age.
- Kidney disease such as glomerulonephritis causes swelling of the kidneys, thus disrupting the filtering system.
- Bladder, kidney and prostate cancer are also possible causes.
- Hereditary disorders such as sickle cell anemia (a hereditary disease of the red blood cells in the hemoglobin) can also pose as a cause behind this disorder.
- Kidney injury as a result of heavy blows, accidents or injuries sustained while playing a spot can also contribute to this condition.
- Medications such as penicillin or the anti-cancer drug ‘cyclophosphamide’
- Strenuous physical exercises like intense workout or running may also result in Hematuria.
There is no fixed cure for Hematuria; instead the doctor would work on treating the repressed conditions behind the symptoms, such as prescribing antibiotics to heal the urinary tract infection or a medicine to shrink and normalize the enlarged prostate or administer a shock wave therapy to destroy the kidney or bladder stones.
I am mahesh merit wife k dono breast, ek small hai or ek big bacche ko doodh ek se pilati hai or ek ka nipple chota hai jis se baccha doodh nahi pi sakta dono breasts ka size ek jaisa krne k liye kya krna hoga.
Now this is a very interesting topic. We have always focused on food items which help raise platelet counts. So, this topic is equally important, if not more. This blog lists various food items that are best avoided in patients having low platelet counts. Scientific evidence is lacking, in majority, on why these food items are best avoided. Most of these are gradual observations that people have noticed over the years.
So the list goes as :
- Ginkgo Biloba – used as a memory enhancer
- Ginseng – used as energy boosting supplement
- Raw garlic
- Omega three intake foods – fish etc
- Red wine
- Pineapple – which are considered as antiplatelet agents
- Fruits and vegetables that contain “salicyclates” - such as cucumbers, mushroom, raddish, berries, cherries. Salicyclates act as blood thinners and prevent clotting
- Coffee – it is not the caffeine but phenolic acids present in coffee that are the culprit.
- Foods containing quinine – ex. Tonic water – a bitter liquid which is used as a mix for alcoholic drinks
- Foods containing Aspartame: Aspartame is a low calorie sweetener. It is used in diet sodas, energy drinks, protein shakes, flavoured milk and juices, breath mints and jellies. In fact ice-creams, and chewing gums and ketchups may also contain aspartame.
The above food items are to be best avoided if you suffer from dengue.
But if your low platelet counts are diagnosed due to autoimmune diseases ( such as celiac disease), then additionally you need to take an anti-inflammatory diet along with avoidance of gluten containing foods. Now gluten containing foods are wheat, barley, rye and other grains. So these items should not be consumed if you suffer from celiac disease – a type of autoimmune disease. Anti-inflammatory diet means including fresh food in diet, minimize processed food and fast food, eat more fruits and vegetables, restrict caloric intake to 2000 to 3000 calories per day in adults. Of this caloric intake, 40-50% should come from carbohydrates, 30 % from fats, and 20 -30% from proteins.