Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shobana MahadevanYour feedback matters!
I had sex with my girl friend yesterday I want to ask if precums don't get her pregnant because I had ejaculated outside but what about precums. I want to ask if she can get pregnant from my precums or are there any risk?
Hello Doctors, During my pregnancy my Thyroid test was positive, I took thyronorm 37.5 mg. After the delivery I have stopped taking the medicine. Now 2 months after my delivery I have gone through TSH test today and got the result of 5.37 and the normal range was below 5.2. Do I need to continue with the medication? Does it affect to my baby? Please suggest on this.
I had a foreplay and v we're rubbing our genitals he had an orgasm and his semen fell on my vagina but am stil a virgin when all this happened I had my periods which was a 15th day since I get irregular periods. But I am having loose motion wisdom tooth ache fr the past week this thing happened 10 days ago after which I got these problems are they symptoms? Am I pregnant?
Seasonal changes are usually a time when we need to take extra precautions to ensure that we do not end up catching any bacteria that may lead to infections or influenza as well as allergic reactions. Common cold and flu is a common occurrence during such times. Seasonal changes are usually known to cause flu and cold, which can also come with chills, sneezing, cough and fever.
Here are a few homeopathic medicines and remedies that can be used during this season.
- Aconite: This medicine is especially helpful when there is fever after sudden exposure to dipping temperatures. Once the cold starts to affect the patient, this medicine must be taken so that congestion is prevented. It can also be used when initial symptoms like tingling and burning sensations in the nose start.
- Arsenicum: This medicine can be used during harsh winters and can be prescribed for stopping the discharge from the nostrils. It can also help in treating congestion and severe cold. If sneezing fits do not reduce, one can have this medicine. It also relieves burning sensation in the throatand nose, as well as fever.
- Allium Cepa: When the discharge from the nose is cold and heavy as well as thin, it can be cured with the help of Allium Cepa. Persistent discharge is one of the symptoms for which this medicine is usually prescribed. Also, this medicine helps patients who experience cough and discharge once they step out of a warm room.
- Euphrasia: When the top part of the respiratory mucous membrane is affected, this medicine can be used. It is also helpful when there is soreness in the nostrils and lips. Also, yellow and acrid discharge from the nostrils can be cured with this medicine. Dryness and pain is also one of the symptoms for which this medicine may be prescribed.
- Gelsemium: When the cold first starts and begins to manifest as headaches, this medicine can be used so that it breaks up the cold effectively. Also, dullness and weakness due to oncoming fever can be checked with this medicine. Further, a sore throat can be treated with this medicine. Excessively warm weather that leads to a cold can be treated with Gelsamium too.
- Nux Vomica: If you have caught a cold from damp and cold weather conditions, the doctor can prescribe Nux Vomica. This effectively treats cold symptoms likedry nose, minimal discharge and a tickling sensation in the nose.
- Mercurius: This medicine can be prescribed to treat frontal sinuses that may be suffering due to the flu. Violent sneezing and excessive sweating can be cured with this medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic doctor.
Hi. After 4th month of my first delivery for the first time I suffered from sever lower abdominal pain and body pain during periods. Can you suggest any pain killer for it.
Dr. I have a period problem .i had intercourse with my husband on 1 and 3 rd oct with security n I am worried whether I am pregnant. I am a newly married girl n not at all prepared for baby. I have take unwanted 72 on 4th noon. And my last month periods date was 8th n today is 11 .i m really worried that why I am not getting in periods. So far I had done 3 test from preganews all were negative. please help me out. I really need your advice.
Hi, I am 25 years old, we are trying for baby from last two months. We have sex 2 days once by checking the ovulation day. First month I got my periods 1 day early. But in the second month I got my periods 6 days late. I want to know what could be the problem. We both work in it company.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Hi. Got my blood test results today and my protein S and C is mildly elevated. Doctor had prescribed ecosprin. Is it safe and would it help in anyway to conceive?
Curd or dahi, is a popular food item all over the country. In the north, people eat it with flattened rice or chapatis while in the south, people are great patrons of curd rice. Some sections of the society even consume curd for superstitious purposes. It is thought that consuming curd before embarking on a journey will ensure safety and good health. Made from milk, this dairy product has a lot of health benefits. Here are some reasons why you should add curd to your daily diet starting today.
1. Helps improve digestion
The nutrients present in curd are easily absorbed by your digestive system. Not only that, it also helps in absorbing nutrients from other food items that you have eaten. It can also be used along with spicy food, as curd cools down and neutralises the heat that these foods create. A Taiwanese study even found that curd is helpful in curing H. Pylori infections which is the most common type of stomach infection.
2. Healthy for your heart
In a day and age where more and more young people are falling prey to heart disease, consuming curd can go a long way in maintaining heart health. It minimizes the risk of high blood pressure and helps reduce cholesterol levels by preventing the thickening of carotid arteries.
3. Milk substitute for those who are lactose intolerant
Some people, who cannot consume milk because they are lactose intolerant, can safely consume curd. It converts the lactose present in milk to lactic acid, making it easier to digest. Also, you do not lose out on the nutritional boost that milk provides.
4. Helps boost immunity
Curd has ‘good bacteria’ present in it which strengthens your immune system by fighting against several microorganisms that are present in the body. It is also useful in preventing vaginal yeast infection in women. These properties of curd do not diminish even when it is heated along with curry preparations to add flavour. Eat it daily to prevent infections and stay healthy!
5. Good for your teeth and bones
All dairy products are good for your bones, and curd is no different. Like milk, curd too has a high amount of phosphorous and calcium. This makes it beneficial for your teeth and bones as it helps promote bone growth and makes your teeth stronger. Taking care of your bones is essential if you want to avoid painful diseases like osteoporosis and arthritis in the future.
6. Can be used as a skincare product
Nutrients like zinc, Vitamin E and phosphorus make curd a natural skincare product and it is often used as an ingredient in homemade packs. A simple mixture of curd, gram flour and lime juice can be made at home to give you an attractive and glowing face.
7. Helps get rid of dandruff
Many advertisements claim to have found the magical chemical formula for curing dandruff. But, curd can be a simple homemade solution. Why is it good to get rid of dandruff? It has lactic acid which has anti-fungal properties. What more? You don’t even have to add other ingredients to it. Just whip some curd in a bowl, and add it to your scalp. Leave it for an hour, and wash properly with water.
8. Helps you lose weight
Whenever nutritionists make a diet plan, the first thing they include is curd. The calcium present in it prevents your body from pumping more cortisol. Hormonal imbalance of cortisol is responsible for a host of problems like hypertension, obesity and cholesterol.
9. Helps release stress and anxiety
Being stressed can wreck your health. Finding ways to relax and rejuvenate is imperative in today’s world. Along with other things, eating some curd can surely help. According to a study conducted by UCLA’s School of Medicine, eating curd was linked to lower levels of activity in the part of brain responsible for emotion and pain.
Ladies, it is important that we must take good care of our body, but most of all we must pay specific attention to the health of our vagina. The vagina is a tube-like muscular structure of the female genital tract that extends from the cervix to the vulva. It is a delicate organ which is prone to injuries and infections. Complications related to urination, menstruation and sexual intercourse, all affect the vaginal health.
Here are five questions associated with vaginal problems that are commonly experienced, but rarely discussed:
- Why does it feel itchy before menstruation?: The hormonal cycle reduces the amount of estrogen secreted right before the period starts. This reduces the moisture content of the inner membranes of the vagina; the skin becomes thinner and slightly dry, which can cause itching. However, if the itching and burning sensation is too severe, it could be an infection and should be checked out.
- What is the white discharge?: The greasy white discharge is due to the ovulation cycle. It usually occurs once a month because the amount of secretion increases right before ovulation. Some women may experience this discharge more frequently, but it is nothing to worry about unless there is an unpleasant odor. Odorous discharge could be a sign of bacterial infection.
- How often should you have a vaginal examination?: You should get a vaginal examination at least once a year. This is important for a general health assessment and the prevention of sexually transmitted diseases. If you are using birth control medication, there might be irregularity in the hormonal cycles and this can lead to a number of conditions, another reason to get an annual vaginal examination.
- Does it smell differently at different times?: It usually smells differently for every woman and even that unique smell changes with the cycles of ovulation and menstruation due to changes in the pH level of the vagina. The normal vaginal pH value is between 3.8 and 4.6. Before menstruation, it may smell acidic followed by a bitter smell for a few days after menstruation. It may also smell differently after a workout (due to sweat) or after sex (due to lubrication). However, a foul smell accompanied by discharge, might be a cause for concern.
- Why does it feel dry sometimes?: Vaginal dryness is normally experienced by women after the age of 45 or after pregnancy. However, dryness is also common just before menstruation. It also happens in women who use anti-allergy medications or birth control pills because they cause dryness in all the mucous membranes of the body.
Report of female levic sonography - Right ovary appears bulky and measures 3.4 x 3.3 x 5.8 cm (vol.34.9 cc) A well defined, thin walled anechoic syst with no inernal exhoes /septae is noted in rifht ovary. It measures 3.4 x 23 x 5.6 cm (vol-26 cc) Left ovary measures 2.8 x 2.4 x 2.6 cm ( vol-9.7 cc) No evidence of adnexal mass. REMARK: Right Ovarian simple cyst. Pls advise abt treatment.
My friend had sex last 3 days ago, and she do not want to get pregnant. Now what she do in this situation?
Changes in the colour of your urine can reveal important information about your health. If your urine takes on a hue beyond what's normal, it can be indicative of something wrong with your health. In general, the normal urine colour varies from pale yellow to deep yellowish-brown, which is a result of a chemical pigment in the urine called urochrome.
1. Red or Pink
- When your kidneys, urethra, bladder or any other urinary tract organ gets infected or inflamed, blood cells get leaked into the urine, giving it a red hue. The causes behind the presence of blood can be urinary tract infections, kidney cysts, kidney stones, enlarged prostate and even cancer. Taking blood thinners can also cause you to have blood in your urine.
- Certain foods like blackberries, rhubarb and beets can cause your urine to turn pink.
- The use of certain medications like a particular class of antibiotic used in the treatment of tuberculosis can turn your urine red. Likewise, a drug used to numb discomfort in the urinary tract can cause a red/pink discoloration of your urine.
2. Blue or Green
- The consumption of coloured food dyes containing green or blue pigments can cause you to pass urine of such hues.
- Certain anti-depressant and anti-inflammatory medications can turn your urine green/blue.
- A very rare medical condition called familial benign hypercalcemia (fbh), characterised by high levels of calcium in thE blood and low levels of the mineral in the urine can cause your urine to turn blue.
- Green urine can also occur if your urinary tract gets infected by the pseudomonas bacteria.
3. Dark Brown
- Having large amounts of these foods - aloe, rhubarb (a type of leafy green) and broad beans can cause you to pass dark brown urine.
- Certain anti-malarial drugs, laxatives and muscle relaxants can darken the colour of your urine as well.
- Dark brown urine can also be caused by disorders of the kidney or liver as well as infections of the urinary tract.
- Injury of the muscle as a result of excessive training can result in dark brown urine.
- Problems with the bile duct (the duct through which bile from the gall bladder and liver passes before entering the duodenum) or liver along with the passing of light coloured stools can result in orange urine.
- A cause of orange urine may also be dehydration as fluids bring about a decrease in the concentration of compounds present in the urine.
- The presence of calcium or phosphate sediments in the urine can give it a white hue.
- White urine can also be a result of funguria infection (a form of fungal urinary infection wherein the fungus produces white sediments) or a bacterial infection.
My wife is7 week pregnant and she suffering from severe constipation vomiting and cold pl. Suggest me which medicines I will give to my wife for control all indication. Thanks.
Eating nuts and Leafy vegetable help regulate the body clock and help sleep better at night. Circadian rhythm or internal clock regulate several different body function such as sleeping, waking body temp. Magnesium present in many foods such as dark chocolate, nuts, green leafy veg help cells to cope with body circadian rhythm.