Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShobanaYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor I missed out my periods which has to happen on 18th. I took a pregnancy test on 19th but it says negative What should I do now.
Remember the sensation similar to that of a warm liquid flooding your tongue when you smell a deliciously baked chocolate cake? Or a freshly baked brown bread early in the morning? That is your saliva. The salivary glands present in the inner linings of the lips, cheeks and the mouth produce saliva. Saliva protects one from tooth decay, keeps the mouth moist and helps in the digestive process. Any disease that affects the saliva gland comes under the domain of ‘salivary gland disorders’.
There are three salivary glands in humans known as the Submandibular, Parotid and the Sublingual gland. The most common disorder that affects salivary glands is that of ‘blocked salivary glands’. Sialothiasis is a disorder wherein, calcium stones are formed in the salivary glands, which obstruct these glands. Obstruction of the salivary glands leads to an infection called sialadenitis, caused by strep or staph bacteria.
Sjogren’s syndrome is another condition which affects the salivary glands. In this condition, the antibodies in the body target the cells that produce saliva. This occurs mostly in women who suffer from autoimmune disorders. Viral infections are also common; flu virus and mumps are a few examples.
The symptoms of salivary gland disorders are problem specific; for Sialolithiasis, you will feel a painful lump below the tongue, which tends to aggravate when you eat. In case of Sialadenitis, there will be an odorous pus-filled discharge along with a lump beneath the chin. For viral infections, the symptoms will include muscle pain, swelling and fever. Symptoms of Sjogren’s syndrome are dry eyes and mouth, joint pain, fatigue and tooth decay.
Like the symptoms, the treatments for salivary gland disorders are also problem specific. For salivary gland tumors, surgery is required. If it is a malignant tumor, then radiation therapy will be prescribed which may cause dry mouth syndrome (Xerostomia). For bacterial and viral infections, anti-bacterial and anti-viral medications are required for treatment, respectively. It is also important that you take good care of your oral health for an even more effective treatment. Brushing and flossing your teeth on a regular basis will help keep salivary gland disorders at bay. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 22 years old. Me and my gf had sex on 13th oct. The next day she took an ipill. On 20th oct she start bleeding. She bleed for around sex days. After that till now she do not get her period. There is any chance of pregnancy.
Technology has become a major barrier in relationships these days. If you spend a lot of time with your laptop and phone, chances are that your love life may be getting affected without you knowing about it.
Here are a few instances when technology plays spoilsport in your relationship.
- Tracking your ex’s social media profiles: Checking your ex’s Facebook and Instagram profile twice a day does more harm than good. Letting go of old flame is a good idea in order to thrive in your current relationship. While no one is advising you to stop using social networking sites, refraining from your ex’s profile will do a world of good to your relationship.
- Your mailbox is bothering you way too much: People often become too engrossed in their professional life and tend to neglect their partner. The funny thing is, they don’t even realize it until the inevitable happens. While work is important, prioritizing your activities is the key here. It makes sense to completely stay from work related activities while you spend time with your partner. Your undivided attention to your partner will do the trick.
- You are involved with too many chat groups: Platforms like WhatsApp and wechat can greatly sabotage your love life. Your partner might get irritated with the fact that your whole attention lies on your phone rather than him. A reply to your school buddy group can wait for a few hours. It is a good idea to stay away from typing while you are with your partner.
- Planning a date is a nightmare for you: If you are too tech-savvy, it might take a long time for you to plan a date. Checking the feedback of every place you intend to visit not only consumes a lot of time, it drains your energy. While checking the star rating of a restaurant is a good idea, becoming over obsessive about the rating might ruin the whole idea of a date.
- You have a super active twitter handle: A recent study has shown that people who are hyperactive on twitter often faces problems in their relationship. In your endeavor of updating your twitter handle, you become obsessed with it and end up spending a lot of time. This might greatly sabotage your relationship.
- You take too much time deciphering texts: You might be dating for years yet get paranoid when it comes to texting your partner. You are too worried about the tone of the message, spelling of the words and punctuations marks of your text you are about to send. If this rings a bell, you surely need to mend your ways in order to save time and focus more on your relationship. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Calcium is an essential mineral that is required by the body for various functions. It is used for building and maintaining strong bones and teeth. It is also used in the cardiovascular and nervous systems for preventing all kinds of health conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, lyme disease, etc.
It is, thus, extremely necessary to have calcium-rich foods as a part of your daily diet. Dairy products constitute as the primary source of calcium on an everyday basis. Of these, milk and curd are the two most important. But in case, you're wondering which one of the two is better for you, read on to find out.
There has been much debate about which is the better source of calcium - milk or curd. In very simple terms, milk ranks higher than curd in terms of calcium content. 100g of milk contains around 125mg of calcium, whereas 100g of curd has a lower calcium content of approximately 85mg. So if you really want to up your calcium intake, milk will be a better choice.
Other health benefits:
If one is to take into consideration other health benefits provided by these two food products, curd takes the lead by a landslide.
Following are the known benefits of curd:
- It is far easier to digest
- It is a suitable dairy product for those who are lactose intolerant
- It cleanses the digestive tract
- It prevents infections of the stomach and intestines
In the end, it's for you to decide what your body needs more. If it requires more calcium, choosing milk would be wise; but if you cannot digest milk, opting for curd will ensure you get a healthy dose of calcium along with scores of other health benefits. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
The fundamental principle of homeopathy is the Law of Similars or 'like cures like'. Homeopathy looks at the general health condition of the person and then prescribes remedies that can stimulate the body to function to its optimum capacity and this can naturally eliminate diseased cells and tissues from the body. The remedies stimulate the body's natural healing procedures without introducing chemicals to kill the disease.
Here are 5 reasons to switch to homeopathic medicine:
- It is an individualized treatment: A homeopathic practitioner evaluates the patient's overall health and discusses his problems and expectations before prescribing treatment. All the homeopathic remedies are made with the individual's specific climatic conditions, allergies, stress factors, food habits and lifestyle in mind. Homeopathy also optimizes the immune system and it is equally effective for physical and psychological disorders.
- There are no side effects: Homeopathic medicines are made from natural substances and so they are non-toxic and free from side effects. They are given to the patient in small doses and so, the healing approach is gentle and gradual. They can also be used by people of all ages and even those in delicate conditions like pregnancy, chronic diseases etc. Even if the wrong medicine is prescribed to the patient, it does not cause much harm to the body.
- Homeopathic medicines are easily accessible: Homeopathic remedies are available in most places as they are made directly from the abundant natural resources. There are also several alternatives to a medicine depending on the kinds of plants and minerals found in a particular region. Moreover, the medicines do not have an expiration date and can be stored for a long period of time if they are kept properly.
- The remedies are non-invasive: No homeopathic remedy involves surgical procedures or invasive techniques. So, there is absolutely no chance of infection or further complication. The medicines and therapies are also aimed at eliminating the root cause of the disorder instead of just providing temporary relief from the symptoms.
- Homeopathic medicines are not addictive: Once the disease is healed, the person can easily stop using the medicines since they have no addictive property. This is because the active ingredient is used in minute quantities in homeopathic medication. Hence, these remedies are also safe for infants, children, pregnant and breastfeeding women, aged people and people with addiction problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I have taken abortion pills after 5 days of my due date and after taking pills I have a little bit bleeding and then my period was stooped please suggest me what to do now should I take one more kit of abortion pills I can not go to the gyno coz my family does not know about this please help me.
I lost my periods dis month my date was feb 27th. 2 days back I have done pregnancy test it showed positive how should I take precautions n also With this is that conform I am pregnant When should I go to Dr.
My mother right armpit pain and right breast pain before 2 year but this pain is not regular sometime what is problem my mother age ,59.
My wife has a lump in her left breast and she also did USG guided FNAC as per homoeopathy doctor. The report reveals that she is having a tumor. So what you people suggest? Shall I go for operation or it can be vanished with any medicine. Please reply.
Hi doctor I'm really scared brownish to light pink discharge was there for 13 days I got scanned 2 days to know the reason but doctor told baby is fine and cervix is closed I'm really worried and not of about from 1 week it had stopped white discharge is coming. I'm taking ecosprin and Austen tablet please help me out my next scan is on 15 July now I'm 11 week 5 days. I lost my 1st baby due to deformity in leg hand they told it's some time happen like that please tell me guide me. I don't want to lose this baby. I need this baby.in last pregnancy I was having fever 102 urine infection all time vomiting. But this time nothing like that but I very much worried little vomiting with giddiness is there. And sharp pain is there on left side.
I am 21 years old I am pregnant from 4 months in my vaginal are itching and smell it why that smell any infection affect me pls answer and help me.
Consuming a mediterranean diet - rich in fruits and fish - while decreasing the intake of soft drinks may help prevent the risk of developing colorectal cancer by nearly 86 per cent, suggests a new study. Colorectal cancer develops from intestinal polyps and has been linked to a low-fibre diet heavy on red meat, alcohol and high-calorie foods.
" We found that each one of these three choices was associated with a little more than 30 per cent reduced odds of a person having an advanced, pre-cancerous colorectal lesion, compared to people who did not eat any of the mediterranean diet components" said naomi fliss isakov from tel-aviv medical centre, in israel.
" Among people who made all three healthy choices the benefit was compounded to almost 86 per cent reduced odds" isakov added.
For the study, presented at the esmo 19th world congress on gastrointestinal cancer, the team included 808 people who were undergoing screening or diagnostic colonoscopies who were between 40 and 70 years old and had adhered to a mediterranean diet.
- A balanced diet can help cut down sugar cravings.
- A typical mediterranean diet was defined as consumption levels above the group median for fruits, vegetables and legumes, nuts and seeds, whole grains, fish and poultry and a high ratio of monounsaturated to saturated fatty acids, as well as consumption below the median of red meat, alcohol, and soft drinks.
- Consumption of even two to three components of the diet, compared to none, was associated with half the odds of advanced polyps, the study showed.