Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Many women fear a trip to the gynecologist. Visiting a gynecologist can be uncomfortable, and certain procedures to treat problems may be painful. However, it is something every woman has to do.
Regular visits to a gynecologist are important for all women, regardless of whether they are sexually active. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists recommends that girls begin seeing a gynecologist between the ages of 13 and 15.
A gynecologist is a doctor who focuses on women’s reproductive health. They check your body to make sure that your reproductive system is healthy and help you avoid problems in the future. Visiting a gynecologist means you are taking responsibility of your body in new ways.
Pregnancy is the number one reason that prompts a woman to see her gynecologist. However, there are many other issues that women may face that need to be checked by their gynecologist.
I'm 33 and my wife is 25 years old. We got married in February'15. Now we are planning for child. But just after intercourse all semens are coming out from her vagina. Don't know what to do. We are in very much depression. How can she conceive? Is there proper technique or method? Which time is good to get pregnancy? Need your help, Please suggest.
The pyramid diet was conceptualised in 1992 and it emphasises the best amount of servings to be consumed daily from the basic food groups (dairy, fruits and vegetables, grains, beans and legumes, meat, oils and fats).
The pyramid is divided into four levels. The very first level is comprised of grains, beans and legumes; the level above it is made up of fruits and vegetable; the third level from the top is composed of meat and dairy products and the very last one on top contains fats, sugars and oils.
The diet aims to divide the food groups in the above mentioned fashion to make you understand just how much to consume from each food group. Here is a breakdown of servings from each food group:
- Grains- 5 to 7 servings
- Fruits and vegetables- 2 servings of each
- Milk and dairy- 3 servings of which 1/2 serving should be dairy products
- Oils, sugar and fats- 6 teaspoons for oils and minimal servings for fats and sugars
This seems relatively easy to follow, but most people do not understand portion control. The amount or serving of food is called portion control and it is important if you want your diet to work. Here is a guideline that you can follow:
- When you are consuming one serving of grains in one sitting, you can choose to eat one cup of cereals or one slice of whole-wheat bread.
- When you are eating vegetable or fruits with your breakfast or lunch, choose one and a half cup of chopped vegetables, or one piece of orange, banana or apple.
- If you are drinking milk, then one cup of milk in one serving. And, if you are eating meat, choose one ounce of cooked fish or chicken.
- Lastly, do not go beyond one teaspoon of vegetable oil and try to keep your sugar intake to the minimum throughout the day.
The pyramid is an excellent guide to lose some weight. You just need some concentration and a ton of commitment to stick to the guide. Along with the diet, don't forget to get some exercise.
My wife age is 30 years old His periods not come regularly for every month. Now last 2 months over not come.
I have received a family regrouping visa from my husband to enter Spain. Next procedure what I have to do nd where I have to do for my medical. Let me know that procedure.
Kindly suggest about my non-continuous bleeding with some abdominal pain after taking Gestapro (combination of Mifepristone and Misoprostol tablets) taken on 2nd January night. Unfortunately next day I miss to keep 2 tablets to keep in mouth for half an hour and had taken it with water and repeated the same on next day too. Brief information in this matter is due to no growth of fetus earlier, doctor successfully surgically abort it on 12 October and since than once I completed menstrual cycle and next time on being unintended pregnant, tried Gestapro (combination of Mifepristone and Misoprostol tablets) taken on 2nd January night. Kindly suggest. I don’t wish to visit doctor.
I had unprotected sex with my husband near to ovulation period. After that I had very exhausted week like lots of work, traveling etc. After that I got my periods 10 days early with stomach cramps and backache. My periods are very normal otherwise. I am not taking any pills.
We store water in all sorts of plastic bottles, jugs or containers. It can be low grade or high grade, but plastic is plastic! This is a very harmful daily practice as plastic containers carry lot of chemicals and bacteria.
Let’s see the harmful effects of drinking water in plastic bottles:
1. Harmful substances: Apart from harmful chemicals in plastic, water when get stored in plastic bottles also produces harmful substances like fluoride, arsenic and aluminium which can be poison for human body. So, drinking water from plastic bottles would mean drinking slow poison that will slowly and steadily deteriorate your health.
2. Dioxin production: Plastic does melt in hot environment. And we, often store water in plastic bottles while driving and so many times leave it in the car where it is in the direct exposure of sun. Such heating releases a toxin called Dioxin which when consumed can accelerate breast cancer.
3. BPA generation: Biphenyl A is an estrogen-mimicking chemical which can lead to lot of health problems like diabetes, obesity, fertility problems, behavioural problems and early puberty in girls. It’s better not to store and drink water from a plastic bottle.
4. Liver cancer and reduced sperm count: Because of presence of a chemical called phthalates in plastic, drinking water from plastic bottles can also lead to liver cancer and reduction in sperm count.
5. Vitamin based bottled water: Nowadays, we get water mostly in plastic bottles and to increase its health content, manufacturers make it vitamin-enriched to attract buyers. But this is even more harmful as it carries health-harming additives like food dyes and high fructose corn syrup.
6. Impact on immune system: Our immune system is immensely affected when we drink water in plastic bottles. The chemicals from plastic bottles are ingested and tend to disturb our body’s immune system.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.