Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShobanaYour feedback matters!
Reflexology says that foot massage aids in releasing the blocks that hold the energy from flowing through the body. Known by the name, Padabyang in Ayurveda, the massaging of the feet at specific points have many health benefits, and at the same time, helps in the curing of some diseases as well. Ayurveda considers feet massage as a beneficial therapy that offers amazing health benefits.
What are the advantages of feet massaging at night?
Any kind of massage contributes to enhancing your well-being and feet massage is no different. The massaging of the feet at night without fail has several benefits that are as enumerated below:
- Relaxation: Massaging the feet at night gives a perfect relaxation and helps you to cope with the long and tiring day. It is simply a great way for the reduction of stress and feels relaxed.
- Improving blood circulation: We all know that a good blood circulation is an essence of maintaining good health. If blood cannot circulate freely, it may give rise to many health problems. A foot massage at the specific point before going to bed significantly helps in the improvement of the flow of blood.
- Good sleep: Massaging the feet at night plays a crucial role in having a good night’s sleep which is extremely beneficial for good health.
- Reduce PMS: Pre Menstrual Syndrome abbreviated as PMS is a difficult battle that all women have to deal with. PMS causes a lot of pain accompanied by a lot of physical changes. To effectively deal with PMS feet massaging at night is an excellent option.
- Reduce pains and aches: Massaging the feet every night before going to bed is a very effective way in the reduction of various types of pains and aches of the body. A proper and regular massage is recommended in this situation for more effective relief from pains.
- Good for headaches and migraines: Another amazing benefit of feet massaging at night is that it helps to give you a great relief from headaches and migraines. It gives you a quick relief and most importantly without taking any medicines or having to face any other side effects.
- Reduces heel pain: Many experience difficulties with heel pain in the morning after waking up. Feet massage at night before going to bed is a great way for the reduction of pain in the heels. At the same time, it also helps to deal with pain from flat feet.
- Fights depression: A feet massage at night time also helps to fight depression effectively, and in this case, it is recommended to give a self-massage.
Thus, a foot massage at night is highly beneficial, and Ayurveda encourages massaging with oil as the benefits are multiplied when the foot is massaged with medicated oils. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Plz help me out please say me any tablet to conceive baby m trying from five months please help out kaise conceive karu how to conceive.
Successful living is a state where the mind and body are in perfect sync. In this state, one is able to make use of all of the available resources to live happily and with satisfactory results as far as life, work and relationships go. This does not mean that there are absolutely no problems. It simply means that you look at the problems and challenges as opportunities for growth, and solve them to live to the best of your abilities.
So what are the rules for successful living? Here is our list!
- Believe and Understand: While you may have heard the phrase, 'Believe in yourself', you would not have heard the word understand associated with it on a normal basis. Yet, the crux of the matter is this to believe, you must understand. Believing in your abilities is one side of the coin. Understanding your limitations is the other side. So, once you have both things in place, it becomes easier to plan your actions in a realistic manner. When you believe in your competence and understand your limitations, you will either take on those tasks that will be commensurate with your skills, or you will equip yourself with higher skills so as to take on even more varied activities and tasks.
- Simplify: This is an often repeated and extremely underrated term. To be more organised, you do not merely need the latest modular fittings in your home and office. One of the aspects of simplifying is decluttering. When you declutter, you are effectively removing all those things that do not serve you. If these things were to remain in front of you, they will only serve to expend your energy with thoughts of wastage and wastage of time as well, since you will be working your way through chaos to get to your core.
- Moderation: Simplification and moderation go hand in hand. Superfluous acts may give instant gratification, but they do not serve you in the long run. They strip you of self-control and can even alienate you from your relationships as you get closer to things rather than people. So, it is good to have a healthy dose of everything in your life for true balance and successful living.
- Perspective: If problems are bogging you down, then there are chances that your perspective is all wrong. Being more open and looking at the big picture are two sure shot ways of ensuring that the problems come and go without affecting your equilibrium.
Being in the moment and putting your family first is a part of creating a balanced situation in life where judegments, material wants and egos will not matter. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
What is spinal stenosis: The narrowing of the gaps in the spine or the backbone is called as spinal stenosis. This leads to pressure on the nerves and the spinal cord. 5% of cases of spinal stenosis are seen in the low back of the lumbar spine. In some cases the narrowing of the spine leads to the compressing of the nerve root, which leads to pain in the leg.
Causes of spinal stenosis: It can be caused by aging, arthritis, trauma to the spine, spondylolisthesis and tumor of the spine
Symptoms of spinal stenosis: There is constant pain in the back and legs as stenosis pinches the nerve responsible for sensation and muscle power. Other symptoms are numbness and tingling in the legs, frequent falling and pain while walking.
Treatment of spinal stenosis:
- A routine program with exercises and physical therapy are the best treatment for spinal stenosis. The exercises are not a complete cure but they are beneficial in keeping the patient active. A physical therapy can be supervised and once the period of the same is over people easily transition to the exercise program. The key for exercise is starting slowly in order to build strength.
- Generally, the patients are counseled not to perform strenuous activities as that might worsen the symptoms of spinal stenosis. In case of lumbar stenosis, patients find it comfortable when they are flexed forward. The doctor might recommend walking while being bent over and leaning when using a walker if not walking upright; sitting in recliners is also recommended instead of straight back chairs.
- Injections of cortisone are usually given in the epidural space. This is believed to relieve the symptoms of spinal stenosis temporarily. Though there have been studies which question the use of these injections as they lead to the risk of osteoporosis related fractures. This is still being pondered over by the doctors as a suitable treatment option as it has its own benefits and risks.
- Medications such as the anti inflammatory medicines like ibuprofen or aspirin are helpful in controlling the symptoms of spinal stenosis. Narcotic drugs might also prove to be helpful if used with care and for a short while. This is helpful for severe pain related to the nerves. Muscle relaxants like gabapentins might also be recommended. In some case antidepressants might also be given to provide relief from pain.
Though side effects are a concern when using these medications and the patient should let the doctor knows about their allergies.
Given below are some of the home remedies recommended as a part of natural leucorrhea cure-
- Apply the pulp of a ripe mango to the vaginal area and leave it on for a while, before rinsing it off with water.
- Eat one or even two ripe bananas on a daily basis Drink a glass of fresh cranberry juice, preferably without any sugar, once a day
- Soak some coriander seeds in water overnight and drink the water, after straining it, on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning.
- Consume the lady finger vegetable, preferably in the raw form, or lightly steamed
- Clean the vaginal area with freshly squeezed lemon juice and water
The knee is known as the largest and one of the most complex joints in the human body, and also one of the most vulnerable, as it supports the weight of the entire body. The knee joint is made up of several elements including the knee cap, meniscus, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and muscles. Damage to any part of the knee can cause chronic pain. So how can you protect your knee from damage and injury? Take a look at these three points!
Dealing with Load: Weight is a big one. Carrying around extra pounds and kilograms can be detrimental for your knees in the long run. Your knee is not equipped to handle the excessive weight. It already supports three to five times your weight when you get up and walk around or indulge in some mild jogging. One must be careful of those extra pounds to take the load off the knee and keep it from falling prey to damage.
Exercise: Moderate to intense exercise is prescribed for one and all. This, of course, depends on one's overall health and age. If you are already suffering from joint pain, then you may want to go easy on the exercise with a focus on building muscle strength and foundation. If you are healthy, then some amount of daily exercise as a routine will keep those knees in prime working condition and well lubricated as well. Inactivity and a sedentary lifestyle can affect the knees very badly.
Do not Ignore: Warning signals such as chronic or acute knee pain should not be ignored. Remember to see a doctor or an orthopaedic specialist to find out if you have contracted an infection or if you may have suffered a fracture due to an injury. Also, it is important to take a bone density test regularly, especially after the age of 40 or for women going through menopause, as this will point to any deficiencies and even warn you in case there is any trace of osteoporosis.
Rest, exercise, and food should be kept in fine balance for a healthy body. These are a few measures that one can take to keep knee pain at bay. Yet, it is also advisable to speak with a doctor at length regarding measures to protect your knees. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
My name is Vaibhav Garg. I’m a nutritionist and wellness consultant with appropriate diet therapy centre and as the name suggest appropriate diet therapy means the use of food and diet as a means of therapy and we have presence pan India. I’m going to speak to you about lifestyle disorders.
Now, what are lifestyle disorders?
People in India especially are facing problems such as diabetes, cancer, arthritis, heart issues at an alarming rate and these are not diseases. These are problems that have come up as results of your lifestyle as a result of you’re the air you breathe the water you drink the food you eat. Currently, the kind of treatments that are available for these issues does not provide any permanent relief. If I was to take diabetes as for example, you are put on medicines like midformen, or you are put on synthetic insulin by your doctor, but that’s not really the cure for diabetes. If I take arthritis, for example, the replacement seems to be the only solution but that is not entirely true.
If I take cancer, for example, chemotherapy, radiation is just not the solution. Cancer cells are present in everyone’s body. I want to keep it as simple as possible for the viewers out there. But there is something that triggers the mutation of cancer cells and that is the acidic food that we take. Those who have some knowledge they will know that our body functions in an alkaline environment. But 80% of the food that we intake in our Indian dietary system is acidic in nature. When I say acidic food, acidic food is one that deprives the cells of oxygen and cancer cells thrive in the deoxygenated environment. You need to give your body the right sort of alkaline food and we have seen in years of research and with our patients that the right kind of food can give miraculous results. You do not need any kind of chemotherapy radiation.
Your body is the best hospital that is if you give it the right environment, if you feed it the right food, you can overcome any of these problems. I would just like to add no matter what problem you are facing you should know all the facts; you should have all the facts in place. We are society greatly influenced by mass psychology tradition but you should understand that our body doesn’t work on mass psychology, tradition or culture. Its based on scientific principle and you need to feed your body with the scientifically correct diet. If you that be assured you will not have any kind of issues going forward. So my message to you is this b educated, have the right knowledge before you blindly follow anyone, be it me or any other doctor.
If you have any queries with regards to food that you have to intake you can always get in touch with us via lybrate.
I am 22 years old. My weight is 33 kgs and height 5ft. I have very irregular periods. This time I had some close time with my friend but we dint do intercourse also he dint ejaculate. Since then I missed my period and after one month I got spotting for 2 days n then after a week periods started which lasted for a month. I had heavy bleeding. I was on pause mf which dint help. I had an ultrasound which showed everything normal with polycystic ovaries and endometrial thickness 5mm. 10 days after ultrasound my periods continued. Then my doctor gave me regestrone for 15 days. After taking one tablet periods stopped. Is there any possibility for me being pregnant? Is it all because of hormonal imbalance? Is anything serious? Do I need to worry? If it is due to hormones please suggest me good diet to control pcos.
Mam meri age 28 hain Main ek married women hu mujhe abhi march mein periods hue The uske Bad band ho gye the ab jakr 4 june ko hue h but khul kr nhi hue means hona naa hona ek barabr hain To mujhe kya krna chahiye mujhe periods na hone ki wjh se back pain puri body mein pain rehta h aap please mujhe suggest krein what To do jisse periods regular Ho jaye.
Uterine cancer of cancer of the uterus is a fairly common type of cancer. In fact, this is the fourth most common type of cancer to affect women. This type of cancer is usually diagnosed in its early stages and hence can be easily treated. However, did you know that this type of cancer can be prevented? This is primarily because most cases of uterine cancer are caused by an increased amount of estrogen as compared to progestin. Here are a few tips to keep in mind.
- Birth control pills: The regular use of birth control pills for at least a year is believed to reduce the risk of uterine cancer by at least 50%. The longer these contraceptives are used for, the more effective they are. The protection provided by them lasts for 15 years after their use has been discontinued.
- Reduce weight: Being overweight not only increases the risk of lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure but can also increase a woman’s risk of suffering from uterine cancer. This is because fat cells produce estrogen that further dis-balances the estrogen to progestin ratio. Reducing weight can thus help lower the estrogen levels in the body and prevent cancer. To lose weight, one must keep a strict control over portion sizes, eat nutritious food and exercise regularly.
- Use an IUD: Some methods of contraception not only prevent unwanted pregnancy but also reduce the risk of uterine cancer. Many IUDs or Intrauterine Devices contain progestin. This helps balance the estrogen and progestin levels in the body. Additionally, it also reduces the risk of hyperplasia. This is a condition marked by the abnormal thickening of the lining of the uterus. In many cases, this condition is a precursor to uterine cancer.
- Question Your Family: Genetics can also influence the risk of developing uterine cancer. For example, people carrying the gene responsible for Lynch Syndrome or hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer have a much higher risk of uterine cancer as compared to others. Thus, if you know of family members who have suffered or are suffering from uterine or colon cancer, it is a good idea to undergo genetic testing.
- Broccoli - A super food: Some foods can also help strengthen the immune system and reduce the risk of uterine cancer. Broccoli is one such vegetable. This is known as a super food that can prevent cancer. The best way to eat broccoli is by steaming it. This has the higher amounts of glucosinolate as compared to fried or boiled broccoli. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
वच के फायदे और नुकसान जानने से पहले इसके बारे में कुछ महत्वपूर्ण बातें जान लीजिए. संस्कृत में घोरबच के नाम से उल्लिखित वच का वैज्ञानिक नाम एकोरस कैलेमस है. भारत का ये स्थानीय पौधा 1800 मीटर की ऊंचाई तक पाया जाता है. उँगलियों जैसी मोटी जड़ों वाले वच के पत्ते हरे, चमकीले नुकीले और सुगंध युक्त होते हैं. इसका औषधीय उपयोग पेट, मस्तिष्क, लीवर, गर्भाशय, फेफड़े और स्वर रज्जू से सम्बंधित समस्याओं में होता है. इसके फायदे और नुकसान निम्लिखित हैं.
1. तंत्रिका तंत्र में
जाहिर है. तंत्रिका तंत्र का हमारे शरीर में बहुत ज्यादा महत्व है. इसलिए तंत्रिका तंत्र का ठीक से काम करना बेहद जरूरी है. तंत्रिका तंत्र में आई समस्याओं से निपटने में वच का महत्वपूर्ण योगदान देखा गया है. इसके लिए सुबह पानी के साथ दो चुटकी वच की जड़ का पाउडर लगभग 1 महीने तक इस्तेमाल करें.
2. सरदर्द में लाभकारी
वच का इस्तेमाल सर दर्द में प्राचीन काल से ही किया जा रहा है. दरअसल वच की जड़ का पाउडर बनाकर पानी की सहायता से इसका पेस्ट बनाते हैं इस पेस्ट को सिर के ऊपर लगाने से सर दर्द में काफी राहत मिलती है. कई लोगों को सर में भारीपन जैसे समस्याओं का भी सामना करना पड़ता है. ऐसे लोगों के लिए भी यह पोस्ट बेहद उपयोगी है. इसका फायदा गठिया में भी देखा जाता है.
3. विषाक्त पदार्थों के निष्कासन में
कई बार हमारे शरीर में पाचन तंत्र में विषाक्त पदार्थों का आगमन हो जाता है. ऐसे में वच हमें इन से छुटकारा दिलाने में मददगार साबित होता है. वर्ष के सक्रिय घटक शरीर के विभिन्न हिस्सों में उपापचय को प्रोत्साहित करके इन विषाक्त पदार्थों को शरीर से बाहर निकालने में सहायता करते हैं. इसके लिए 500 मिलीग्राम वॉच को शहद में मिलाकर प्रयोग किया जाता है. इसे गर्म पानी के साथ लेने पर ज्यादा फायदेमंद साबित होता है.
4. मुंहासों के लिए
आज की तारीख में मुंहासा कई लोगों को परेशान करता है. तरह-तरह के क्रीम लगाने या कई अन्य कारणों से लोगों में मुंहासे की समस्या में वृद्धि देखी जा रही है. इस मुंहासे से छुटकारा पाने के लिए लोग तरह-तरह के तरीके इस्तेमाल करते हैं इसके लिए आप वर्ष की भी मदद ले सकते हैं वच धनिया और लोध्र की छाल का पेस्ट बनाकर इसे चेहरे पर मुंहासे की जगह पर लगाने से मुंहासे ठीक होता है.
5. बोलने से संबंधित समस्याओं में
किसी भी आदमी को यदि बोलने में समस्या हो तो यह उसके लिए बहुत ही अजीब लगने वाला एहसास होता है. बोलने की समस्याओं मैं वच ही महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभा सकता है. इसके लिए वच की जड़ का पाउडर आवश्यकतानुसार दो महीने तक इस्तेमाल करने से बोलने की समस्या से पीड़ित को काफी हद तक आराम मिल सकता है.
6. याददाश्त सुधारने में
किसी भी व्यक्ति के यादाश्त को ठीक रखने के लिए जरूरी है. कि उसके दिमाग को शांति मिले जितना ज्यादा उसका दिमाग शांत और सक्रिय रहेगा उतना ही उसका याददाश्त ठीक रहेगा. किसी भी आदमी का मानसिक तनाव कम करने और उसकी याददाश्त में सुधार लाने के लिए वच की जड़ का पाउडर दिन में दो बार शहद के साथ लेने से यह प्रभावी होता है.
7. फोड़े-फुंसियों के उपचार में
शरीर में फोड़े फुंसी का होना भी आम बात है. कई बार यह हमें बेहद परेशानी में भी डाल देते हैं. इसलिए फोड़े-फुंसियों या गांव की परेशानी से बचने के लिए वच के जड़ का पाउडर बनाकर प्रभावित क्षेत्र में लगाएं.
8. कफ में
आमतौर पर होने वाली बीमारियों में कफ़ भी है. कफ़ से निपटने के लिए 500 मिलीग्राम वच के जड़ का पाउडर त्रिकटु पाउडर ढाई सौ मिलीग्राम और ढाई सौ ग्राम दूध के साथ मिलाकर इसका सेवन करें. इससे नाक की रुकावट शरीर दर्द गले में खराश और छींकने आदि की समस्याओं से निपटारा होता है. यह और भी कई समस्याएं जैसे फेफड़ों में जलन छाती की रुकावट घरघराहट आदि को भी कम करता है. खांसी को कम करने में भी इसकी महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका है. इसके लिए 5 रत्ती वच चूर्ण को गुनगुने दूध के साथ लें.
9. सिफिलिस में
सिफलिस में वच का फायदा लेने के लिए हमें वच की जड़ का पाउडर, कॉस्टस पाउडर और अश्वगंधा पाउडर को एक साथ मिलाकर इस मिश्रण में घी को भी मिला कर सिफली से प्रभावित क्षेत्रों में बाहरी रूप से लगाएं इससे काफी राहत मिलती है.
10. बुखार में
बुखार एक आम बीमारी है. जिसके इलाज के लिए कई सारे उपाय मौजूद हैं इन उपायों में वच का भी नाम है. वच के जड़ का पाउडर मैं पानी मिलाकर बनी पेस्ट से बुखार की समस्या को ठीक किया जा सकता है. इस पोस्ट को आप माथे पर लगाएं इससे राहत मिलती है.
11. है.जा में
हमें भी वच के फायदे नजर आते हैं इसके लिए एक बड़ा चम्मच वच की जड़ का पाउडर 12 मिलीलीटर पानी में उबालें उबालने के बाद इसे छानकर दिन में तीन चार बार प्रिय ऐसा करने से काफी राहत मिलती है.
12. दस्त में
दस्त की समस्या से निपटने में भी वर्ष के फायदे देखे गए हैं दस्त से छुटकारा पाने के लिए आपको सुबह में दो छोटकी वच की जड़ का पाउडर शहद के साथ लेना होगा ऐसा करने से आप देखेंगे कि दस्त की समस्या काफी हद तक कम हो गई
वच का नुकसान
- अल्सर और जनन तंत्र के लिए अच्छा नहीं माना जाता है.
- लगातार बहुत दिन तक इसका प्रयोग करने से भी या नुकसान पहुंचा सकता है..
- वच के गर्भाशय में संकुचन पैदा करने के कारण इसे गर्भ के दौरान लेना सुरक्षित नहीं माना जाता है..
- स्तनपान कराने वाली माताओं को भी इस दौरान भी वच के सेवन से बचना चाहिए.
- वच एक गर्म प्रभाव वाला वाली बूटी है. इसलिए कुछ लोगों में यह ब्लीडिंग की समस्या बढ़ा सकती है..
- वच के इस्तेमाल से लोगों में सर दर्द होने की भी शिकायत देखी जाती है..
- जिन लोगों को भी हृदय से संबंधित बीमारियां होती हैं उन्हें वच का इस्तेमाल करने से बचना चाहिए.
- बच्चों को यह बहुत कम मात्रा में दी जानी चाहिए.
Hello Lybrate Users,
I am posting on this topic as many of users have been asking on the same issue.
1. It has nice taste.
2. Freshness lasts longer.
3. Has good antibacterial property of neem and turmeric.
4. Its soothing action on the cavities and gums.
5. Minimum side effects.
1. It cannot be an alternative to dental treatment as it cannot reverse progression of disease of gums or cavities.
2. As it soothens (obtundant) effect of clove oil on regular basis misguides the pain response which would end up in the end stages of the disease finally results increased cost of dental treatment in late stages of the disease or the tooth should be removed if caries or periodontal progression goes beyond to save the tooth.
3. The turmeric might cause tooth discolouration in long run.
As far as to my knowledge is concern use it just if you want to give a try but I will never recommend on a daily basis.
Whether it is winter temperatures dipping, a lower temperature caused due to rains or chills created by air conditioning, the moment our body experiences lower temperatures than it is comfortable with, various forms of aches crop up, esp. if you already have a condition or have been physically hurt.
Winters are typically associated with several types of body pains. Particularly, we’ve seen higher incidences of nerve – related pain, joint pains and vascular pains during the season.
Manage your pains by following these 6 tips:
1. Keep yourself warm
Needless to say, it’s extremely important to keep yourself warm when its gets uncomfortably cold. Clinical research has shown higher incidence of nerve – related, vascular pain and joint pains if your body is exposed to low temperatures for long periods. This is especially true if you are 60+ in age. So, dress appropriately with body warmers, sweaters and jackets
2. Keep yourself physically active
A colder weather reduces average activity levels. An average person walks up to 1,000 lesser steps when its cold. To avoid pain in knees and other joints, it’s especially important to keep up activity levels. Try and take out time for walking in the afternoons or evenings, even if it is inside your house or office.
3. Take care of your diet
It is important to ensure that your intake of Vitamin D, Calcium and Vitamin B complex is adequate. Make sure that your diet remains rich in dal, green leafy vegetables (Vitamin B complex), milk (Calcium) and cheese and egg yolk (Vitamin D).
4. Get enough exposure to sunlight
Lesser exposure to the sun causes Vitamin D deficiency during winters, which can result in fatigue, lethargy and general body pains. Make sure to get at least 15-20 minutes of sunlight exposure, ideally in the mornings around 9am to 10am.
5. Avoid the wrong foods
Actively manage your diseases like diabetes and hypertension to stay pain free. If you suffer from diabetes, make sure that you do not overeat foods with high glycemic index. If you suffer from hypertension, it is important to keep away from spicy and oily foods.
6. Get expert advice
Visit your pain specialist if your pains continue for more than 2 weeks. Be regular with your prescribed pain medications, but strictly avoid self-medication or overuse of painkillers.