Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shobana
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShobanaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am 23 years old I have pcos and was taking krimson 35 past 3 months, I had protected sex this month and took 4 days of krimson-35 I felt uneasy after consuming tablet feeling nausea so I stopped, will it regulate my periods this month please advice or should I continue with tablet.
Ayurveda is a field where the medicinal properties of the various herbs used has been proven scientifically, over the years. This ancient life science, also brings in a knowledge base that can help in treating a variety of ailments. Sexual dysfunction is one such ailment, which can leave a person with a less than stellar sex life. The various phases of sexual activity from stimulation to excitement and gratification can suffer due to such ailments which can prevent any or all phases from occurring in the first place. The disorders can affect the ejaculation, potency, orgasm and arousal as well.
There are variety of herbs that act as aphrodisiacs in Ayurveda and can help in treating sexual disorders in males and females, as follows:
- Nutmeg: Nutmeg powder and extract can be used by men, who are suffering from sexual dysfunction. It can also increase the potency and the libido of the male patients who ingest it. This herb can also be used by women who are experiencing lack of libido and stimulation. Many women in Africa have used this herb since ancient times to build better sexual health.
- Date palm pollen: The pollen from date palms can help in increasing the sperm count of the male patient who has a low sperm count. This aphrodisiac also improves male fertility.
- Ashwagandha: This is a good aphrodisiac for both male and female patients who are undergoing sexual disorders. It can help in sexual stimulation even as it fixes issues like lack of libido and erectile dysfunction.
- Fadogia agrestis: This herb can help in increasing the testosterone level, which is responsible for better sexual stimulation and other sexual functions in male patients.
- Lepidium meyenii: This is a herb that has originated in Peru and is also known as Maca. This herb can help in fixing infertility in male and female patients. It contains various elements like sterols, campesterol and sitosterol among many others that can improve fertility.
- Saffron: This herb is known to boost the libido by leaps and bounds and is even used to garnish a hot glass of milk just before bedtime, as it acts as a good aphrodisiac when combined with milk. A strand or two can work wonders, as per Ayurvedic practices.
- Passion Flower: This is considered as a good aphrodisiac because it helps in reducing anxiety and stress, which can soothe a person and create a better environment for stimulation and excitement. It can be used by male and female patients alike.
There are many herbs as per Ayurveda, which can be used as aphrodisiacs in order to cure sexual disorders. These can be taken on a regular basis, in moderation.
For the last two months, my period was of 24 days and this month I got my period on 31st day with continue abdominal pain. I was trying to get conceive for last 2 years yet not successful. Please help me.
Sir, I have already take mifegest kit now what I have to do I don't want to surgical abortion so please suggest me clear my pregnancy through medicine is there any hope sir.
Hi, I am 22 years old my question is- polycystic ovaries im my stomach. Please explain what is this and solution.
I am taking ova Shield DS from 2nd day of my period. My doctor suggested to start taking susten 200 from day 17th onwards. Can susten 200 and ova shield ds be taken together? Or I should stop ova shield from day 17th? It will really very helpful if doctor can provide good guidance.
It is not that very easy to get complete recovery after spinal surgery and for that you have to rely on different caring tips. Your surgeon can help you in this regard and can provide you a checklist containing different essential caring tips. You should follow those tips sincerely so that unwanted side-effects can be easily avoided.
Few caring tips after a spine surgery:
- Consumption of adequate amount of proteins: If the protein content is increased in your diet, then quickest recovery can be definitely expected. Muscle collagen can be strengthened and healed with the regular intake of the necessary amounts of protein. In fact, infectious conditions can be effectively dealt with by protein intake.
- Getting adequate rest: proper rest is needed and you should have enough sleep for getting complete recovery. If your body needs some more sleep than the standard one, then you should go for the same. Your mood, memory and body will get refreshed and rejuvenated by taking proper sleep at night. In fact, you can also get rid of pains and other side-effects after surgery by taking rest.
- Taking nutritional supplements: There are a few essential nutrients that are needed after the surgical procedure, and they are vitamin D, vitamin C, Omega-3 fatty-acids, magnesium and others. These nutritional elements are now available in the form of supplements and are readily available in the stores. Though these supplements are completely organic, but still you should start taking the same when doctors permit you. These supplements help in collagen healing and thus speedy recovery can be gained by taking them in a consistent manner. Muscle heath can be effectively protected by consuming these supplements.
- Acute hydration: Hydration is highly needed especially after spinal surgery so that toxin accumulation can be prevented. If you want to get proper hydration, then nothing can be a better option than drinking lots of water. In fact, spinal surgeons also recommend the same for avoiding surgical complications. Tea, coffee and sodas need to be completely replaced with water. Your system can be thoroughly cleaned by draining out toxins.
- Eliminating refined sugars from diet: Refined flour and sugary products are to be completely curtailed from regular diet; otherwise you might face severe complications. Your blood-sugar level needs to be regulated. If your immunity system gets suppressed, then you will be in great trouble and hence sugar should not be included in your diet at all.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
When it comes to being fit, soldiers set the best examples. Here are 15 habits that you could imbibe to stay fit like a soldier.
- Start the day early: A soldier’s day begins at dawn. Starting your day early will give you more time to get things done and takes away the excuse of not having enough time to exercise.
- Maintain a daily schedule: Set a time to wake up, eat, work, exercise, sleep and follow it diligently. This helps you stay physically and mentally fit.
- Don’t skip breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Eat a proper breakfast that will give you enough energy to get through the day.
- Eat on time: Don’t delay a meal and maintain regular intervals between each meal. This helps stabilise your metabolism and keeps you from unnecessary weight gain.
- Eat a balanced diet: Skipping out on carbs may help you lose a little weight temporarily but will not keep you healthy. Eat a balanced diet of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, proteins and milk.
- Spend time outdoors: If you can’t exercise outdoors, walk to and from office or while grocery shopping to give yourself a chance to breathe in the open.
- Avoid junk food: Avoid all kinds of processed foods. These foods that very low nutritional value but high fat content. Instead snack on fruits or nuts between meals.
- Limit alcohol intake: Alcohol not only harms your body but can interfere with your schedule as well. Excessive drinking can keep you from waking up early the next day and throw your entire day off schedule.
- Get adequate sleep: You should ideally get 8 hours of sleep so if you’re going to wake up early, go to bed early as well. Drinking a warm glass or milk or chamomile tea can help you get a restful sleep.
- Make exercise a part of your daily schedule: Along with work, exercise needs to be made a priority as well. The best time to exercise is early in the morning before starting with the day’s work.
- Mix it up: Make exercise fun by mixing up your exercise routines. If you go for a run on one day, go swimming the next or hit the gym.
- Drink plenty of water: Stay hydrated to ensure that your body can absorb nutrients well and to optimise your circulatory system.
- Play a sport: Playing a sport is not only a way to exercise but also boosts your mental health.
- Surround yourself with people who support you: Avoid negative people and keep company with those who live a healthy lifestyle themselves to keep yourself motivated.
- Never give up: Just because you don’t have the stamina to run 10km on the first day, doesn’t mean you should give up on it. Persevere and have patience with yourself and you will be able to overcome all the obstacles before you.