Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShobanaYour feedback matters!
Which sunscreen is best for skin (face & body)? Which are best skin care products? And what should I do to increase my haemoglobin count?
Excessive or unwanted hair that grows on woman's face, chest , Arms are usually coarse and dark and this condition is called as 'hirsuitism'.
Normal hair on the female face are fine and light coloured. The presence of excess body hair is embarrassing.
Here are top causes of unwanted facial hair in women:
1. Genetic or hereditary:
Some ladies are prone to have more than usual facial hair growth if it runs in your family. And best solution for this is to go for LASER HAIR REDUCTION.
2. Hormonal imbalance:
One of the most common reason these days is PCOS ( polycystic ovarian syndrome). PCOS causes excess body hair, also woman can get other problems like weight gain, irregular periods , acne.
Few medicines can cause excessive hair growth on face . So, be careful...common medicines to cause this problem are- steroids, minoxidil, testosterone, cyclosporine.
So, If you are having excess facial or body hair, better to see your doctor earliest.
I have very big problem with my hair fall. When i was at my home Amravati there is no hair fall but when I am going to Pune this problem started. Please advise.
I am 13 years old boy with tinea ringworm infection of skin on the back what dose should I take of fluconazole and for how long for complete cure.
Hi, I am a young 21 old. I am having infection on my face - pimples etc. So is there any home solution or proper medicine to get rid of such.
I am suffering from hair fall problem I tried many oils but I can not satisfies how can it will be resolved please tell me.
How to remove unwanted hairs permanently? For a girl why hairs grow on areas of body other than usual areas like head underarms etc? For example on stomach, under chin and on breast. How to prevent such type of hair to grow and what is the permanent solution to remove these hairs other than laser therapy? Please help me with this, it's irritating being a girl.
My friend suffering from psoriasis whole body including face also since October 2015. He consulted hemopat and allopathy but did not cure is any treatment available in any pathy please advice.
I hv curled my hair. Before curling my hair was silky n awesome but after some time of curling thy Become so rough n dead types. please suggest me some thing. So dat my curls look good. I massage my hair with mustard oil weakly. N also use serum everyday.
Alopecia Areata and Rapid hair loss in teens, side effects of Prednisone and is it worth to take it for the month as prescribed with the risks of side effects? R those side effects permanent or temporary and should we give to 14 year old Teen?
I am 24 year old and girl . I am having lot of acnes, pimples and scars on my face so I could not go out for parties is it looks so ugly. So you please tell me some curable medicines.
I am 25 years old female. I am having acne problem n spots due to it from last 2 to 3 years. What should I do.
Am facing back to back boils and acne on my nose only, from last few years. Applied clindamycin ointments. No results.
If you always fret and worry about your limp hair that always seem dull and rough, then you should take immediate steps to rectify the problem. If the cause is not addressed, it will eventually lead to hair fall. Limp hair can be caused by a number of factors such as increased stress levels, pollution and nutritional deficiency. Usually it is important to diagnose the cause before focusing on the treatment. Given below are some treatments that can be very effective in enlivening your hair:
- Use a beer rinse: Beer is a fermented product that is rich in vitamin B which provides nourishment to your hair follicles. It also helps in keeping your scalp clean while adding shine to your hair. Use beer as the final rinse after washing your hair to add volume to your hair.
- Yoghurt: Excessive shampooing of the hair is likely to lead to a build-up of chemicals, which will prevent the hair follicles from being properly nourished. Yoghurt helps in getting rid of these harmful chemicals from your hair, thus moisturizing the scalp.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is known for its healing properties for the hair. It moisturizes and softens the hair strands, also increasing the capacity to retain moisture. The fats present in coconut oil help in revitalizing damaged hair.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar can be used as a conditioner after you finish washing your hair. It helps in getting rid of dandruff and closes the hair cuticle to prevent moisture loss. It also helps in preventing accumulation of chemicals and residues in your hair and on your scalp.
- Banana: Bananas are rich in carbohydrates, protein and vitamins that provide nourishment to the hair. It strengthens the hair, thus preventing breakage and split ends. It adds shine and volume to your hair, getting rid of dull hair in the process.
- Eggs: Eggs are an age old remedy that is used to treat dull and limp hair. Break an egg and whisk the contents for some time, apply it on your hair and leave it to dry. Wash it off after 20-25 minutes and repeat the same twice every week. Eggs contain proteins that strengthen and add volume to the hair.
In summer my face becomes so dull and unequal in tone. please suggest me any cream or anything which can help me in getting glowing skin all day as I am working girl.
Allergies are caused by unnatural reactions between your body's immune system and foreign substances, which have gained access into the body. When these substances, known as allergens, enter your body, your immune system produces antibodies, which are responsible for warding off unwanted substances like harmful viruses or diseases and helping in the body's overall resistance.
The main cause of allergy is the uncontrolled reaction between the immune system's antibodies and harmless allergens. Allergic reactions are triggered when antibodies, like histamine, come into contact with particular types of allergens. These may include:
- Certain eatables: Peanuts or sea food
- Medications: Penicillin or penicillin-based antibiotics
- Airborne allergens: Pollen, mold, or dust mites
- Insect stings: Bee stings or scorpion stings
- Latex: Latex or other substances, which are responsible for causing allergic skin reactions
Symptoms of allergies depend upon a wide range of factors, which are subjective and vary from person to person and from allergen to allergen. Depending upon the type of allergen involved and the nature of the allergy, symptoms may include any of the following:
- Facial swelling
- Severe itching
- Swollen or red and watery eyes
- Flaky skin which can peel off
These symptoms are common in mild to moderate allergies, such as atopic dermatitis, hay fever, drug or food allergies. There are certain rare cases (say, scorpion stings), however, in which the allergic reaction turns out to be potentially life-threatening. This type of reaction is known as anaphylaxis. Here are its signs and symptoms:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of consciousness
- Skin rashes
- Intense shortness of breath
Homeopathy effectively deals with any sort of allergy by taking into account individualistic symptoms and thus nipping the root cause in the bud. Natrum Mur, Urtica Urens, Sulphur and Natrum Carb, among others, are very effective medicines against allergies. But these must be taken after due discussion with the doctor as they check out the symptoms and then prescribe the medicine basis that.