Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShobaYour feedback matters!
What is the symptoms of migraine? Mostly I suffer from headache n d pain is also in ear n mouth area. So is the symptoms of migraine? What should I do?
Diarrhoea (or diarrhoea) is when you pass looser or more frequent stools than you do normally. It is one of the main symptoms of gastroenteritis, the other is vomiting. Gastroenteritis is inflammation of the stomach or intestine as a result of a bacterial or viral infection. Diarrhoea usually last for 2-4 days without the need for treatment, however, severe diarrhoea may be life threatening. This is due to fluid loss in watery diarrhoea, particularly in infants and young children, the malnourished and people with weakened immunity.
What causes diarrhoea?
In general, diarrhoea infections are spread through the consumption of contaminated food and water (hence diarrhoea after eating), by dirty hands, or direct contact with faecal matter. Many different types of bacteria viruses and parasites can cause gastroenteritis and subsequently diarrhoea. Some common ones include:
Bacteria. E. G. Salmonella or escherichia (e. Coli) viruses. E. G. Norovirus or rotavirusparasites. E. G. Giardia intestinal water,
What are the symptoms?
You may experience one or more of the following:
Upset stomach or cramps
Urgent need to use the toilet
Nausea and vomiting
Loss of appetite
Safe drinking water:
Contaminated water is one of the most significant factors contributing to infectious diseases in developing countries. Make sure you have access to safe water and if storing water in your home be sure to keep the water vessel covered, don't allow anyone to directly touch the water or drink from the vessel and thoroughly rinse the vessel after every use. If you are unsure of the quality of your water, treat it before drinking.
Using a toilet for the safe disposal of human waste (urine and faeces) is an essential part of the preventing the spread of germs that can cause diarrhoea. Always use a toilet which is connected to the sewerage system or on-site sanitation system (e. G. Septic tank or seepage pit). Flush the toilet after use to make sure all faecal matter is removed and use a toilet cleaner and brush to remove any build-up on the inner surfaces of the toilet. It is also important to keep the area around the toilet clean and regularly touched surfaces (such as the seat, lid, the flush handle should be cleaned and disinfected regularly). Keep the toilet covered to prevent the transfer of germs by flies.
Cloths used to clean the toilet and toilet areas should not be used for cleaning other areas of the home.
Good food hygiene will help to prevent gastroenteritis and diarrhoea from food poisoning.
Clean and disinfect food preparation surfaces: after preparing food (especially raw meat, fish or eggs), clean and disinfect any kitchen surfaces that you’ve used. Dirty utensils, cutlery and crockery can be cleaned with detergent and hot water store raw and cooked food separately cook food thoroughly and evenly properly refrigerate food to stop the growth of bacteria
Take extra care when someone in your family is suffering from diarrhoea.
Avoid sharing cutlery, utensils, towels and other personal care items such as flannels and sponges with other household members those suffering from diarrhoea should avoid preparing food for others clean and disinfect your toilet, including the toilet seat and toilet flush, after each bout of diarrhoea remember to wash your hands thoroughly and regularly with soap and water, wait at least 48 hours after symptoms have cleared up before returning to work or school
Homoeopathy has a wonderful effect in controlling diarrhoea since it is the susceptibility which lets us fall prey to bacteria, which generally remain harmless to a healthy person thus treating the disease, not the bacteria and after completion of the acute episode person should go for constitutional homoeopathic treatment to become more resistant for future infections.
Some of more common remedies for diarrhoea are, mercurious solubilus, camphora, veratrum album, Bryonia, gelsemium, baptisia, Aethusa, chamomilla, phosphorus, thuja etc.
I am 25 years male. From some days I am getting oily liquid from urine. In morning time when I go toilet then I saw it after passing the urine. I am very confused. My friend is saying it is DHAAT. But I am also suffering stone disease. please give me solution. What should I do?
Since 7 years I am doing masturbation where I do very usual 3 times a day and I am getting sperm out very quick no control what to do.
I am 18 years old and I was operated for multiple stones in gal bladder. Now I don't have gall bladder. After this operation I am suffering with severe pain in my upper abdomen and chest too. This pain is not bearable at all. Please tell me what should I do.
My nasal septum is deviated. And also my nose has become quite long. I want to do rhinoplasty or is there be any other cure available.
I have frequent urine problem as I drink a glass of water I get urge of going bathroom after 15 mins usually I go 8 to 10 times a day. Is there any problem with my kidney or something wrong with my bladder?
Many times I feel that something is happening in my heart. .I can't explain in words. .my ECG is normal. .blood pressure is normal. .headache in right side of my head. .what is the reason and treatment. .ct scan is also normal.
When I take brush every morning, I feel like vomiting, why I am feeling like that, thats why I can not brush properly, could you tell me what medicine should I take.
I am 26 year male, with a clerical duty job. Diagnosed as a case of bipolar affective disorder. In 2014. Under regular medication. My qurstiom is that is this deasese curable? by any means? I want to be cured. Pls suggest me and point me the right way please.
Hello My name ganesh 19 year old suffering from porn and masturbation addiction how to get rid of this problem please help.
Polio is a virus that has the potential to infect any parts of the body including, but not limited to nerves and muscles. Primarily there are 3 types of polio namely, non-paralytic, spinal paralytic and bulbar. This disease shows minimal to no symptoms in more than 90 percent of the cases. 5 percent of the cases can show symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, sore throat and abdominal pain. Polio is a communicable disease and can cause massive damage if a proper dosage is not taken. It can spread through air, physical contact with an infected person, coughs etc.
- Polio can cause paralysis: Polio has a far-reaching permanent effect on the body. It can cause paralysis on any of the limbs leading to permanent disability. This severely alters a child’s life. The far-reaching consequences of the virus can only be negated through vaccination.
- Weak muscle: Polio can result in weak muscles, respiratory problems and loss of reflex. If the breathing muscle collapses, it can result in the death of a person. Any of the above-mentioned symptoms can lead to weak body development altering the fate of a child.
- It can spread fast and quick: Polio spreads very fast through the air, physical contact, saliva and water. It not only affects a single life but put millions at risk of the disease. A 1916 outbreak of the disease killed 6000 people in the United States and left several thousands of people disabled.
- It reduces the risk of infection: 3 dosages Polio vaccination under the age of 6 can save a baby from getting polio in future. The body successfully creates polio antibodies from the vaccines and gets enough ammunition to fight it if the virus attacks it in future.
- Social responsibility: Massive amount of awareness campaigns have been run by countries all over the world to permanently eradicate polio from the face of the earth. As per the latest reports, only 3 countries are reported to have babies affected with polio; Afghanistan, Pakistan and Congo. It is, therefore, a social responsibility to take part in the mission of removing polio from the face of the earth once and for all.
- Save future generation: Although polio is not known to be a disease which passes through heredity, there still lies a chance for the future generation to get this disease. In order to negate that from happening, it makes sense to get the vaccines on time.
- Give your kid a head start: Every kid deserves to have an equal amount of privileges like others. One small mistake on part of the parents can heavily cost a child’s future. In order to make sure your kids grow up with any apprehension of polio, it is very important to treat them with polio vaccines.