Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShobaYour feedback matters!
I am a lady of 55 years and I have not indulged in sex for the past 35 yrs, I want to know whether not having sex will effect my health in my later life, please let me know. And I have hair fall problem too, so just give me proper advice for it. And as of now I am perfectly fit health wise till date no health issues as of now, but worried about later ages.
I have pimples on my chicks I tried so many antioxidant creamed but it never reduces so please give me the right suggestion.
I am not able to get full beard so is there any medicine or any way out to get complete full beard? Please help me out for this.
Hi good morning in child I was fair and had white skin but now roaming in hot sun became brown skin and back tan, help me out to regain my white skin.
I am 24 year old and my hair are getting white at a very high speed (about half of them are white. What are the reasons for it and what should I do now?
My Younger daughter, 5 years and 3 months old is suddenly facing skin problem. Yesterday at night she felt itching all over her body. Wee found skin bubbles in her body such as chicks, thighs, foreheads, stomach. I am very worried because I am facing same problem from my childhood. I am giving her czetzine syrup 5ml at night and in the morning. please advise.
I had acne all over but now when they are gone I'm left with ugly scars. I used many creams but did not find any results. I'm 13.
I have allergy problem during night and morning but rest of the day my skin was good and there is no allergy but in night nad morning my skin is gone red and allergy is whole of my body. please help me fast.
Sir, My sister face is black and she is very much upset, she has used many products (like face wash and creams) sir please tell me how can I help her?
Hello, I am 27 years old and I am losing my hair, I have a severe itching and burning sensation on the scalp. I get boils on the scalp as well, I presume it is because of the 5 Alpha reductase which promotes the growth of DHT. Please let me how can this be treated, I have tried almost all the doctors.
Tinea or ringworm is basically a skin infection caused by fungus. Tinea can affect any part of the body. When the skin is affected it is tinea corporis, scalp (tinea capitis), feet (tinea pedis, this is also called as athlete's foot) and groin area (tinea curis, also known as the jock itch). This presents as several white patches on the skin.
Causes of Tinea:
Tinea or the ringworm infection is not due to worms but caused by fungi dermatophytes. The fungus remains alive in the dead tissues of nails, hair and skin. Symptoms of Tinea are red circular patches on the skin along with itching.
As per the Ayurvedic philosophy, tinea is often diagnosed as dadru. The body type or the dosha involved is kapha and vata. Kapha, which is an Ayurvedic humor symbolizes mucus. It is usually dense, sticky and cold in nature. Vata, also an ayurvedic humor represents the wind. It is dry, mobile, subtle and cold. Both kapha and vata when present in the skin lead to accumulation of toxins. These toxins further collect in the deep tissues of the skin like rakta (Blood), rasa (nutrient plasma), lasika (lymphatic) and mansa (muscles).
The toxins lead to contamination of the deeper tissues thereby leading to the aggravation of the kapha-vata dosha, thus leading to ringworm. A third dosha which is involved is pitta. Pitta symbolizes heat or fire. It is often referred to as the tridosha disease, and the prime involved doshas are kapha and vata.
Diet and Lifestyle Modification:
- Spicy and hot food, excessive sweet and sour foods should be avoided. Pickled foods, chutneys, citrus fruits like lemon and oranges, vinegar and mustard should also be avoided.
- Avoid foods made up of white flour such as bread, pastries, cakes, pizza
- Artificial and processed foods, fast foods and aerated drinks should be avoided. Excessive salt and tomatoes should be restricted.
- Since tea, coffee smoking and alcohol aggravate the pitta, these should be avoided
- Milk and milk products like yogurt and cottage cheese should be given a miss
- Foods which are sweet, blend and alkaline in nature should be added into the diet
- Fresh vegetables and fruit should be taken
- Foods like grains, rice, pasta, beans, breads, dairy products, sweet drinks and juices can be had
- In 3 cups of water boil 10 to 15 neem leaves, until half the water evaporates. Washing the tinea lesions with this water helps.
- Rubbing papaya over the lesions is very effective
- Make a paste of turmeric and milk and apply on the lesions. Wash this within half an hour of the application and repeat it 3 to 4 times a day.