Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. ShivalingamYour feedback matters!
I have been taking lamotrigine 200. Sertraline 100 for 10 years for depression. How long do I need to take it. please suggest.
Hello sir, I am 22 years old boy and I am not feeling well from internally by day I am getting weak and feeling lazy and whole body pains. What should i do?
I feel low testerone prob. Because I feel depressed n sad. N tired full day. From last 5 year I am frustrated from my business also. I am unmarried and age 34.
I have a great addiction problem. I call this addiction because whenever I stop smoking, I feel tons of Anxiety, Depression rising in my head. I felt so scared and all. I feel numb, dead and I can not concentrate on anything. Like I was not here. I feel life so distance away. Also I was diagnosed with Body dysmorphic amd have strong obsessions surfacing when I stop smoking. This continuous smoking cycle I am in makes me less caring, and I am a ignorant one ignoring every my duties as a man. I live in a very lazy way. I used Nicotex for sometimes and it helped me alleviate craving for someday.
I am 29 year old and I am suffering from depression from last 5 years. Due to depression I am getting headache and forgetfullness.
I am athletic. I am practice 2 times in a day. At night, I can't sleep I am suffering from heavy pain Please tell me what can I do.
I am balesh 24 years old .i have a talking problem that means I have taken so much time to speak some words. Its not came with my birth. I have problem this from my 5th class. Please give me suggestion that to which doctor I need to consult to solve my problem.
Hello doc I'm a mother of 35 days old baby girl becoming father my husband behavior has changed towards me and I feel lonely as I had love marriage and now everything my husband love n care has vanished towards me don't know why. What shud I do n thanks in advance.
patient's age -51 years seeking solution for schizophrenic disease. I wanted to enquire regarding the treatment of my mother who has schizophrenia past 20 years and we were looking for her treatment in a good reputed hospital. Since we don't have money for her treatment, I wanted to know if there is any amy charity whom we can approach for some fund raising for her treatment. She really needs to be treated as her health is detorianting day by day. Please consider this issue important and I hope I receive a solution from your side.
Hello sir I am forgetting what I am currently doing. Especially while playing badminton. I take a serve and for the second one I forget what I did first.
Cbd oil for epilepsy
Cannabis indica and cannabis sativa have been used therapeutically for thousands of years, including for the treatment of epilepsy. Today, cannabis is viewed as a controversial medical subject - thanks in large part to prohibition and decades of misinformation - but prior to 1937's 'marihuana tax act' cannabis was accepted by doctors and patients as a true medicine, and considered one of the safest and most effective forms of seizure control medication.
I am MBA student. .mai bahot preshan reheti hu chid chid gussa hota tension hoti h padh nhi pati active nhi rheti pata hone ke baad bhi answer nhi de paa rhi hu distrib rheti hu ladhai hoti h.
Being constantly anxious impairs work performance and creates havoc in relationships. The best way to deal with it to accept that it is only a temporary phase which everyone faces. If you keep worrying and try to fight it, you will become even more anxious and your health will become even worse.
It is therefore important that you acknowledge it, first of all and try to cope with it. Controlling anxiety isn't a gigantic task. You can feel at ease with by doing these simple things:
- Self-soothing techniques: There are many physiological things for you to do as well which will allow you to relieve anxiety. Diaphragmatic breathing is a very good way to achieve this. Sometimes reassuring yourself is more valuable than you think. Practice saying comforting things to yourself and the stress and anxiety will automatically reduce. Muscle relaxation is yet another method which will allow you to decrease your anxiety.
- Deep breathing: A 5-minute breathing regime is a sure shot way to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth.
- Meditation: Meditation for a few minutes daily helps relieve anxiety. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
- Get adequate sleep: Everyone feels bad when they do not sleep enough. However, did you know that lack of sleep is a major cause of anxiety. The more you sleep, the less anxious you will feel.
- Exercise regularly: You probably know that exercise is very important for maintaining good health. However, what you probably do not know is that exercise is perhaps more effective than even medication in relieving your anxiety. Therefore, it is imperative for you to get moving.
- Monitor your diet: Your diet is crucial in reducing your anxiety as caffeine and alcohol are two of the leading causes of anxiety in your body. However, abruptly stopping your intake of caffeine and alcohol also leads to withdrawal symptoms. Therefore balancing out intake of alcohol and caffeine is crucial.
Follow these simple ways for good EQ-
1) Get enough rest: Most people need seven to eight hours of sleep each night in order to function optimally.
2) Adopt good nutrition: The more you learn about what you eat and how it affects your energy and mood, the better you can feel.
3) Exercise regularly: Exercise is a powerful antidote to stress, anxiety, and depression. Aim for atleast30 minutes of exercise per day.
4) Get a dose of sunlight: Sunlight lifts your mood, so try to get at least 10 to 15 minutes of sun per day.
5) Limit alcohol and avoid cigarettes and other drugs. These are stimulants have long-term negative consequences for mood and emotional health.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
I am 37 years old as I am suffering depression for negative thought which frequently has been coming since a long time.
1. Mental Stimulation
Just like we have to exercise the body, we also have to exercise the brain. Reading helps to keep the brain stimulated which can slow the progress of Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Doing puzzles and playing games like chess can be just as helpful as reading.
2. Relieve Stress
Reading is a huge stress reliever. A well-written book can sweep you away into another realm, which will allow your tensions to slip away so you can finally relax.
3. Gain Knowledge
Everything you read fills your head up with more knowledge. You never know what you might come in handy. The more you read the more knowledge you will have to tackle future challenges. The best part is no one can ever take knowledge away from you!
4. Memory and mood
I recently finished the book Wicked, by Gregory Maguire, and there was a lot to remember! Each chapter had new characters, towns, and events to follow. Reading will help improve your memory and every new memory you create forges new brain pathways, which strengthens existing ones. This will help assist your short-term memory and stabilize your mood.
5. Stay Focused
Every day we are pulled in a million different directions. The Internet certainly doesn’t help. I find myself working on schoolwork, checking my email, updating my Facebook, and listening to music all at the same time, while getting distracted by ads in my internet browser. Reading can help improve your focus and concentration. When you read a book, all of your attention is focused on what you are reading. Try reading for 15-20 minutes before work and see if you feel more focused throughout the day.
Having more exposure to well written books can improve your writing skills as well. In the same way we learn by watching others we can learn from reading a good book.
7. Free and Fun!
It’s free! Visit your local library or thrift store to find some good books to read. Libraries rotate their stock so you won’t run out of books to read. There are also many sites that will let you download free e-books. So there isn’t any reason not to start reading for fun!