Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. ShivalingamYour feedback matters!
Mai pahle bohat sharab pita tha. To ghar valo ne sharab chodne ki goliya mere khane me mila di. Ab kabhi pita hu hu to blood pressure badh jata hai chehra ankhen lal ho jati hai sans ful jati hai. Aisi koi davai hai kya jisase mai kabhi kabhi sharab pi saku.
I'm suffering from bipolar disorder and my hands and face are vibrate every time and what is solution give me advice.
I am 25 year male. I always think about future and worried what happened. My mind always running and makes planning of future. When they not fulfilled again another plan when they not fulfill I depressed. I always think about what happen in future. What I do I am in deoression and I have 6 months left in my marriage and I feel alone and depressed everything is not looking good what I do sir.
Hello doctor, I am 23 year boy 5.6"ht and 64 kg wt. I am final year engineering student. From last few months I am facing intense mental stress. Due to this I cannot able to concentrate on my studies or my daily health routine. I fell very weak mentally and physically too. Even I can not able to lift more than 7-8 kg weight feel tired immediately with high BPM. Also I feel my immune n digestion system weak. Many times facing acidity And I can not able to control my hunger I feel uneasy when im hungry. Please doctor help me to root it out this. For healthy mind and physic from where do I start to solve this issue? Thank you.
I have paining in my whole left leg since 15-20 days, its become higher at night when I will led down over bed, I will not able not weak up directly from bed.
Doctor i m an engineering student. Im from kanyakumari in india. I think I have the problem of over imagination. Now a days I have many thoughts not in subjects .i bought people they are cheating me or they are saying truth. Some days im getting angry with people whether that is a simple problem or a big problem im getting angry. Im no a alcholist. I can not sleep .My friends saying that you are in over imagination. Nowadays im not taking meditation because I sleep early morning 3oclk. Please help me doctor.
Sir/madam I am 28 years old female, for all small things I used to get tensed alot. For years small small symptoms were shown by my body tat something is wrong due to my tension. But in oct 2015 I got so tensed for one family problem. And felt like a lump feeling in my throat and felt lik I can not breath, so went to pulmonologist, he gave me medicines thinking its wheezing. So after 2 days of taking medicines, 1 night at 12 (immediately after menstruation started) my brain and heart both showed worst symptoms and I thought I had heart attack or something and said to my parents that something is gonna happen to me. Thy convinced tat nothing wrong and made me sleep, after getting up in the morning I had d same symptoms, I immediately rushed to cardiologist and took ecg, he said am perfectly alright and said that I suffered from severe anxiety and asked me to drink some cool milk, after many months lump feeling gone, but after tat started to get severe dizziness. And again went to cardiologist, he asked me to consult psychiatrist, so I went to psychiatrist thinking tat since no problem with my heart, I have brain tumor or something. She saw me and said nothing wrong with my body, but I was unable to believe it, she said I have severe anxiety and depression. And prescribed nexito plus and lonazep for one month. I took it and felt good, but immediately after a month I had bad brain zaps (electric jolt lik feeling), so again went to her. Now (dec 2015) she prescribed duleza 20 and d-venizz 50, but I did not take those medicines seeing bad reviews about withdrawal symptoms in net. So without taking those 2 medicines Controlled brain zaps, and I was ok (with minimal symptoms) for few months, but in april 2016 I had earlier symptoms and it was too worst. So again went to the doctor, but while going me and my dad had bike accident and got hurt very badly. So I could not go to the doctor. And returned home. Now (may 2016) I am having all the symptoms (feel like going mad, like about to fall, can not stand at all, so many strange feelings in brain, heart pounding, lik about to get fits, hands legs twitching, right eye swelling after every sleep, and while trying to sleep, feel lik earth is pulling me down->> al these symptoms gets worse after each menstruation) but if isay to my parents about it, no one listening and they are shouting tat am ok and wantedly saying all these. But thy can not understand wat bad is going on inside my body. And my weight is reduced (50 to 48). I am really confused bcos right now I am unable to go to psychiatrist and I want to know can I take those 2 medicines (which I did not take it earlier when doctor prescribed) now-> (duzela 20 and d-veniz 50). Pls help me, daily its like hell. I can not bear at all.!
Do you have the habit of breaking into violent outbursts, accompanied by repeated episodes of impulsive, violent, and aggressive behavior? These are indications of intermittent explosive disorder, which makes you react grossly in a situation. Such violent outbursts can cause great distress to you, by negatively affecting your daily activities and personal relationships.
It is important to treat violent outbursts to avoid getting into big troubles, which are quite likely.
- Psychotherapy: Individual counseling or group therapy can be beneficial for treating violent outbursts. Cognitive behavioral therapy is commonly used for treating people suffering from intermittent explosive disorder. You are taught how to identify behaviors and situations, which might trigger you to respond aggressively. You are also taught about anger management, using techniques like relaxation training.
- Medicines: Several different types of medications are used for treating violent outbursts. They include antidepressants and anticonvulsant mood stabilizers.
How can you control your anger?
- Unlearn problem behavior: Coping well with anger can be learned. You need to practice all the methods you learn during the therapy. This helps you to recognize what triggers you and how to keep away from being triggered.
- Develop a plan: You should develop an action plan for the times when you feel that you are getting very angry. If you sense that you are losing control, you must try to get away from the situation. Find ways to distract yourself.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs: Alcohol and other recreational drugs increase your aggressiveness and trigger your violent nature. Hence, keep away from them.
- Take preventive steps: In order to keep away from violent outbursts while you are under treatment, you should take several preventive steps. They are as follows:
- Stick to your treatment plan: You must attend your therapy sessions, practice coping skills, and take your prescribed medicines regularly. Maintenance medications may be prescribed for avoiding recurrence of violent outbursts.
- Practice relaxations techniques: You must practice yoga, deep breathing, and take the help of relaxing imagery to keep yourself calm.
- Cognitive restructuring: You need to change the ways you think about a certain situation by thinking rationally. You should be logical and must learn to have reasonable expectations. These help you in positively reacting to a situation.
For dealing with violent outbursts, it is important for you to change your environment. Try to leave certain situations to which you reacted violently in the past. You need time on your own, and should take a peaceful break in order to normalize your impulsive nature.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My dad admitted in hospital My dad previous history is they smoking regularly After doctors suggests they left from smoking But after few week my dad start smoking 1 cigarette in a day Currently my dad is admitted in ICU But when we go through the x ray some fluid is seen left side lower part of chest Doctors suggested me we pumping some 10 to 15 ml fluid And submitted to a laboratory I am so tensed Please give me a suggestion.
I think I am facing some serious mental problem from last one year. I am not sure about my purpose of life and get distracted very easily. As I have many responsibilities and until I can't figure out what's my aim. I am completely blank now. I should I need to do?
Hi dis is madhu im having the habit of smoking. My age is 25. Is there any prob while of having sex and loosing of weight.
Depression is one of those experiences when one may feel sad, lonely, dejected and discouraged. Doubt, anxiety and uncertainty crawl in so much so that they may lead to problems in decision making. A depressed person feels devoid of energy and the motivation to do anything at all seems to have disappeared.
Depression and some antidepressants curb sexual drive. This has a negative effect on the depression as sex releases 'happy hormones'. Thus, depression and your sex life share a cyclic relationship. The effect of depression on your sex life is a result of both brain functioning and physical changes in the body.
So if depression is badly ruining your sex life, doing these will help big time:
- Depression often makes a person withdraw from others and cease to enjoy any experience. This becomes a thought pattern that cannot be cured with medication. Talking to a counselor can help unlearn these thought patterns and help people form new social bonds. As part of the treatment, the patient will need to find and explore new ways of enjoying sex that can strengthen strained relationships.
- Having an open conversation with your partner is key to improving relationships and one's sex life. Talk about your sexual needs and help your partner understand your mental barriers to sex. Find forms of foreplay that appeal to both of you. It is also important for you and your partner to understand that there is no 'standard' to how often you should have sex or how you should feel after it.
- Ask your doctor to adjust medication In cases where the antidepressant curbs libido, lowering or adjusting the drug dosage can be a solution to treat the depression without curbing sexual desire. Do not attempt to adjust your medication on your own. Your doctor may also change the drug to another that does not affect your sex drive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.