Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. ShivalangamYour feedback matters!
Hi I am affected by death illness I fear in some time the heart attack will come to me like that on that time I can't able to conce. on my studies and also in my work So how do I forget it please help me.
What happens to people with autism when they grow up?
Since autism is a spectrum and people have varying skill levels, future is not the same for all people with autism. A lot of children who are able to cope with mainstream school /college education go undiagnosed and are successful at jobs but may be considered quiet or reserved adults by their family, friends and colleagues.
Several adults on the spectrum who have been diagnosed, and been in a supportive environment in their childhood, have written books which have facilitated and enhanced the understanding of the condition. We have examples of people who are professionally very successful. Some have gone on to become famous authors and at least one has won a Nobel Prize. Some advocate and speak for themselves and for other people with autism in the community.
Some of those who are fully independent in their everyday life may find it difficult to sustain the demands of a job and work environment. Some are married and some choose not to.
Some of those who are married face difficulties in forming relationships with their spouses and carry out responsibilities that come with marriage and having a family, and may continue to need support of another person in planning and carrying out the activities in running a house.
As in every other condition, some people on the spectrum will always need support in life and may never be fully independent. As yet, in India, there are few schools which have an environment or the attitude to accommodate the special needs of people on the autism spectrum. Vocational centers and employment opportunities are even fewer.
For most parents struggling with getting services for their child with autism, one of the biggest worry is‘what after us?’ As yet, there are not enough and appropriate lifespan services for people with autism where they can lead a life of dignity and respect.
However, with support from people around them including the family, friends, neighbours and teachers all of them can lead a happy and meaningful life.
I'm fed up from that when any senior personal blame me for work which I did correct and asking me the reasons why and all you did? And for same I used to give them reason for what cause I did etc so they always blame me that I'm doing arguments and they insulting me purposely in front of all other staff even after doing sincere and hard work. And they just appreciate their experience only but not listening to me and feelings me inferior complex and for every cause they blame me and in this way they ruined my image in front of of management and reporting wrong feedback to management and for same my Institute management not promoting me for higher post since 5 year. And I also worked for 3 years without pay. So for this reason only I'm depressed and not able to sleep properly and if I'm thinking for to change Institute then also I'm not getting becoz of my profession is of lecturer and behind one vacancy there are many candidates and since 5 year I couldn't get this so please help me becoz I'm worried about my livelihood and career.
I'm suffering from stress nd I really don't know why and what is happening to me when I'm in anger I even hit my head with iron rod, even on walls, or beat my head with my hands and I cannot able to get my cond in stable condition my reason for stress n anger is my studies and I even don't know what else I have a girl friend she sometimes tries to help me and she failed max times I really don't know what is happening to me I even tried to do worst things like in anger I tried to kill my self please help.
I want to know what nutritions are necessary for over all mental health and especially what nutritions are anti anxiety and anti depressant.
I was a marijuana user after using it for over 5 years I started experiencing strange things like hearing voices and felling that people are talking about me. I consulted a doc and he diagnosed with substance induced psychosis and prescribed me with medication however after taking these medicines for over 2.5 years im feeling better now. Some of the medicines which I take are sizdon pactine solian depakote. Now im off such symptoms however im not able to focus on a single job I lose it in the training itself I basically do not understand the training and will not be able to focus concentrate or understand things during training. I have swapped over 20 jobs just attending training pls give me a solution. And if I start smoking marijuana again will it affect my mental health?
Well I have been facing some stress issues which is increasing day by day and now I have finalized to consult a psychologist. I don't have any idea where to start. But I want the solution. My stress is affecting my health and my social behaviour as well. I feel like shivering more often. Tend to forget things. Agitation and anger are regular. Mind doesn't coordinate with body.
How to detoxify lungs? When it gets effected by smoking. Please give some suggestion to detoxify my lung.
I am a college student. I getting stressed often even for small things. I am getting depressed. What is the reason for it?
“The most beautiful thing you can wear is your confidence” -Blake Lively
At a certain point in our lives, we are all swept off our feet by the storm of doubt, so much so that we refuse to rest our trust and faith in our very own selves. But that is where being silently confident comes in. Confident people are optimistic, even in the face of adversities and tend to confront their fears head-on, no matter what. Take a leaf out of their book; here are a few tips to lift your esteem to its pinnacle.
- You need to keep off all the negativity: In life, you would be surrounded by people who would want to pull you down, taint your morale by unconstructive and unnecessary criticism. Maintain your dignity and distance from them who do not give you good vibes.
- Enhance your Image: Remember. body language maketh a man. The things you do and the thoughts you think speak louder than words. So, never forget to carry that wry smile by the side of your lips, whenever you encounter something seemingly insurmountable. Your posture, your firm handshake, your way of looking straight into the eyes of a person while dealing with him/her, can all go a surprisingly long way in upping your confidence.Composure and calmness are the keys to greatness.
- Never give-up: Failures are life lessons in your path of success and the true spirit lies not in never falling, but dragging yourself up each time you fall. Hence never accept defeat. Remember, every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.
- Be prepared: Put your best foot forward every time you do something; be it that important office presentation of yours, or on the prom night of your university. This could take your confidence higher.
- Remind yourself of every single good thing you’ve done: Life is full of ups and downs and there may be days when you would feel unsure and weird about yourself. What you can do is make two lists and stick them on all spots easily visible to you, for instance, your wall, your refrigerator door or your bathroom mirror. On the first list, pen down all the amazing things life has blessed you with and of which you are truly grateful. On the second list, put forth all of your accomplishments that you are proud of; major or minor. Next time, whenever you find your self-esteem waning, these lists would remind you of what a worthy life you have had thus far, thus motivating you all over again.