Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. ShivalangamYour feedback matters!
Sir, I saw a porn video in 2008.In my childhood days I used to worship with my family daily in evening to goddess. As I saw the video then during offering prayer to goddess that same video used to flash in my mind and thoughts used to come regarding goddess too. I started suppressing the thoughts but I became more violent. I was thinking that now goddess will become angry on me. I tried surprising but it become more and more deeply rooted in my mind. Then I have a constant headache, there after finger shaking started. Now presently on coming of these thoughts I become totally depressed. I am suffering from this problem since 9 years. I consulted a doctor he said ocd. Nowadays ,i do not suppress the thoughts so it became quite good and I am feeling very little good. So sir please suggest me the advises and if any treatment or medication is required. Should I do yoga with regards
Hi sir myself I am balaji I am from hyderabad let me explain my personal problem I have a suffering from body pains from last 3 months I can not not walk for long time so please get some suggestions. .Thank you.
Hi doctors, I am a 29-year-old girl. My main issue is irritable mood. I get irritated with very small matters nowadays. Not able to concentrate on anything. The things which I used to enjoy in life has become mute for me. I get angry on simple things. I used to relieve my anxiety or stress by shedding a few drops of tears, but now I have forgotten how to cry. I m going through a very bad state. I feel like everyone around me are not genuine. I am even having a lot of hairfall. Is this related to any hormonal changes or do anything to deal with depression. Please help me.
Schizophrenia was diagnosed a year ago, patient is under treatment of Oleanz (01 tab./ day ), condition is progressive with lot of improvement. Although we are regular in medicine, but we have heard that any gap of even one day in medication may cause a "relapse" is that true? We are under stress after hearing this, kindly guide.
Dear Lybrate. Help me out. How can I concentrate in my studies. I can't remember properly what I heard in yesterday's class, but I know what exactly it mean and I can't able to think do same thing next day. How to increase my memory power. Thanks.
Patient suffering from depression does not want to see a doctor. There lies the problem. How to convince him/her that unless they see and discuss their problem with the doctor they cannot be cured.
Heavy forehead blurred eyes intoxication like situation without drinking avoid light live in dark keep close lights during night in light feel dizziness it appears I would be faint Always sad feel like who am I why I am here Fear of death feel could not breath think hospital where I would get oxygen and would save my life I live with my family but feel alone feel something missing My three year old son comes to me I ignore him Restlessness helpless seems my life is out of control what would I do Neither I want to die nor live like this Thought comes I drink alcohol till unconsciousness and do suicide Please help me as I am suffering from chronic liver disease Is this problem related to liver problem or other I lost hope how I would get back in my life.
Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental syndrome in which individuals have their very own inflated feeling of self-significance, a deep requirement to be inspired and an absence of compassion for others. However, behind this cover of ultra-confidence mask, lies a delicate self-esteem that is helpless against the slightest criticism.
A narcissistic personality disorder causes issues in numerous areas of life, for example, work, school, relationships or monetary issues. Here are a few signs and symptoms that can show if a person is suffering from this disorder:
- Are highly reactive to criticism. People with this disorder are highly reactive to being criticised by the others or anything they assume is adversely affecting their identity. They get defensive when questions are posed.
- Have low self-esteem. This arena of their psyche is complicated because externally their self-esteem would seem to be higher and more guaranteed than pretty much anybody else's. They are continuously headed to justify themselves, both to others as well as their own self-esteem.
- Can be unnecessarily defensive and self-righteous. Anything said or done that they see as scrutinising their competence can activate their vigorous self-defensive systems. This is the reason why such a large number of non-narcissists have shared that it is so hard to break through to them in different situations of conflict.
- Respond to opposite perspectives with outrage. It is not specific feeling of dread or surrender that draw out their alleged narcissistic rage. These people respond with heated emotions when others convey their most profound insecurities excessively close to the surface. The reason that sentiments of outrage and anger are so normally communicated by them is because they hide feelings of shame and anxiety underneath it.
- Project others qualities, attributes, and practices they will not acknowledge in themselves. Since they are constrained to conceal their defeats, downfalls or shortcomings in their mental self-image, they routinely divert any unfavourable evaluation of themselves externally. It is difficult to break into the root cause of their aggression because their feelings are too underdeveloped to talk about it in matured terms.
- Have poor interpersonal boundaries and limits. It has been said in regards to narcissists that they cannot tell where they end and the other individual starts. They tend to see others as extensions of themselves. They view them as existing essentially to serve their own needs as they put their requirements before anyone else.
- Have an exceptionally solid feeling of privilege. They have nonsensical desires of getting good treatment by others or others complying with his or her desires.
- Need sympathy. People with this disorder are unwilling to perceive or relate to the sentiments and needs of the others.
My question is that I am in love with two person first one from my 9th class and 2nd one is in my college and I love both of them. I have drunk bear 5 days earlier and now my condition is I have heaviness in my head and chakkar also. And sometime I forget that what I have told to other people and I am not afraiding from anyone and told all secret of everyone to others. I am talking about periods against everybody. Please tell me suggestions.
Ejaculation can be considered premature if it happens within 1 minute of penetration or if you are unable to control your ejaculation. There are several reasons that can contribute to premature ejaculation like performance anxiety, excessive excitement, relationship issues and hypersensitivity of the skin. To treat premature ejaculation, it is important to determine the cause and stress that can be a potent reason that is preventing you from 'lasting' long. Premature ejaculation can be life long or acquired.
The effects of stress on the mind:
Stress can create havoc in your life and it is closely related to sexual dysfunctions. It is caused not only by rigorous emotional turmoil, daily factors like work or school can also lead to continuous stress, which may pile up to have a profound effect on your mind and body. Stress tends to alter the brain chemistry by triggering hormones like Cortisol, Norepinephrine, Serotonin and many others that signal the nervous system and endocrine to put the body in a state of anxiety which leads to weakening of the ejaculation reflex arc.
The effects of stress on the body:
Increased level of stress causes the heart rate to drop and the body is stimulated to produce excess blood sugar, adrenalin and chemicals. If your stress is caused due to work, your body will respond to it by diverting blood towards the important organs like hands and legs and your concentration might also improve under stress. However, stress can diminish your ability to enjoy sex, heighten your sensitivity to stimulation and pain and increase impotence.
How stress causes premature ejaculation?
Stimulation of the sympathetic nerves and hormonal imbalance caused by stress create an urge to ejaculate. Generally, this urge is enhanced by mental and sensory stimulation till orgasm is reached. One is likely to engage in sex with an amplified urge to ejaculate because the nerves have already been exhausted which leads to an early climax. Men with premature ejaculation has shown significant impact on self esteem and self confidence and many people confirm high levels of anxiety connected to sexual or intimate situations with a partner.
In a recent-published survey investigating the female partner's perception of premature ejaculation and impact on relationship break ups, relationship quality and sexual satisfaction among females, many of them confirmed that premature ejaculation was the main reason for break ups.
Hormonal disturbances in Thyroid, Prolactine, Erectile dysfunction, Penile anomalies, Prostate disease, Lower urinary tract infection can also cause premature ejaculation.
Reducing stress is an important step to cure premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation can be treated with medications, counseling, diet and exercises. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am 49 years old, I have been suffering writer's cramp past 18 years. Due to this problem I could not pen firmly and to write. All the Neuro Doctors were told there is no medicine to this problem, the problem is not in hand it is in Brain, you manage your self. I also tried myself either to eradicate or manage but I failed. I am working in a private bank as a clerk, now this problem growing and I could not work in my office, it now goes to JOB LOSS. Such a situation I very much confused and think what I do? Please help me
Hi from last 2 days I have continuous headache, feeling uneasiness, with body pain not able to focus on work. Apart from that have the acidity problem and get the boil near anus once in two months. And also feeling of having the short breath problem. Is this due to continuous travel and climate change. Habit of smoking no drinks and purely Vegetarian is the diet.
Hello doc. I M 31 yrs, not happily married lady for 9 years (I think or may be I M ). We live alone because of his job. I don't know what's going on in my life. Ours is a love cum arrange marriage. For some reasons (fear of pain) we haven't have sexual relationship yet. We have a lot n lot n lot of arguments n fights with each other. There is no single moment when we don't argue or fight. He is in railways so remains in Train because of his running duty schedule. He does this so that we have less fights. He drinks a lot. Whenever he is here at home he only drinks n watches TV. I know he has no affair out n he loves me a lot. But he never shows. He abuses me too, shouts on me which I can't bear. Then I also shout n then arguments start. I am also a working lady. On job, I remain happy with my school students n colleague friends. Bt as soon I come home everything changes. We don't spend time with each other at all. We don't talk much except arguments n some daily routine talks like khane me kya banau, Chai banana etc. That's it. I try to save my marriage our relationship but nothing is working out. What should I do I don't know. Fact is this also that we can't live without each other bt we don't live peacefully also. We don't have a normal married life. Consequently, I remain stressed, lost in my thoughts. Suddenly starts crying when I M alone or lost in my thoughts or I watch something emotional on TV or around me. Because we have no kids yet. I hesitate in talking with my parents n other family members as they ask about kids. Which is natural N right on their side. My family n my world has limited to only my school life my work my students. That's it. I want to extend it. I don't know how to make my life natural like other couples. Like discussing about our lives, job future, problems, solutions etc, spend quality time with each other. Which we don't do. Pls suggest what should I do? Pls Help me.
My mother underwent Burhole surgery for SDH after an accident in July 2016. She was insulin dependent diabetic for the past 15 years and also hypertension patient. Previously she was under medication with ecosprin, statins along with anti hypertensives and diabetic medication. From the last few months after discharge from hospital, She had been under medication with levetiracetam 500 (Twice daily), Metosartan 50 (Twice daily), Syndopa 110 (1/2 Tablet twice daily), Human Mixtard (20 units twice daily, Glycomet GP2 (twice daily) and Nexito forte at bedtime. Till recent past i.e up to 03/12/2016, she was given Colihinz 400 in the morning along with Clobazam 5 in addition to the above drugs. Though she is recovered on physical side, There has been continuous agitation, aggression and hallucinations, She feel as if she sees persons not present before us, feels as if hearing voices and sounds not heard by us. She fears of the traumatic incidents in respect of her relatives, snakebites or somebody belonging to offspring is attacked etc. She suffers from exertion and tremors at that time. Now most of the this condition is being observed. Is there any medical treatment for bringing her out of the hallucinations.
Tightness in left chest area and shoulder from several days and my doctor did ecg one month ago and he said it's fine and he came to conclusion that it's muscle related and I was experiencing muscle spasm. There is lots of stomach and heart burn. I'm extremely terrified by this and full of anxiety.
The role of parents in language development of children is a primary one. Basically, it will be a one way communication as babies will not respond, but that should not deter you from speaking to them. It has been shown that talking to children early on helps them to talk faster and learn more words. The number of words a child hears is directly proportional to the amount of vocabulary he/she will be able to master.
6 ways to help your baby learn speaking:
- Let them listen a lot: Children learn speaking by listening first. So more and more words they will listen, so do they will speak. Make sure your child comes in contact with children in the peer group and plays with them as with the help of their friends they can learn many words.
- Read a book: You should start reading to your child as early as possible. The type of book is not as important as you may use, various touch and feel books such as graphic novels. Initially, you may start with board books and then move on to picture books and finally to story books. It helps in increasing the child's vocabulary.
- Talk as much as you can: Part of a child's ears and brain that respond to sound are developed since birth, so even though talking to your baby may not make much sense, talking to them enhances their development of speech. The infant absorbs the words which facilitates speaking.
- Look for cues: If the child is interested in something such as a book or a toy, then engage with the child on that subject. Encourage him/her to ask questions and interact as much as possible. These interactions help in enhancing the child's language skills.
- Limit television: Using television to teach vocabulary to your child is not as effective as talking directly. The primary reason is that characters in television do not react to your child's cues. This does not allow the child interact, which results in reduced language learning.
- Treat ear infections early: It is important to treat ear infections early as this causes hearing problems which in turn delays language learning. Consulting a pediatrician to get treatment for ear infections of your child is advisable. You should see to it that the child is being administered medications at regular intervals.