Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. ShivakumarYour feedback matters!
Pelvis discomfort, I have two calculi in right kidney and left renal agenesis, 19 mm cyst in left seminal vesicle, is it any std causing the pelvis discomfort?
How do I know that my anal fissure is not due to because of STDs. Fissure came suddenly after 3/4 days hard stool and the same is not going away. I have tested HIV (thrice) but it is negative.
I didn't here this type of benefits by drinking beer. I have a small kidney stone. Shall I have moderate quantity of beer in order to melt them. Please guide me in order to resolve my problem. Thanks & Regards Ramesh.
I am suffering from kidney infection. I always have problems while doing toilet. I am also suffering from high blood sugar. Please advise what should I do.
I am a patient of Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, Knee joint Pain, Severe Constipation besides enlargement of Prostate Gland. First of all I want remedy for constipation and knee pain.Please tell.
The medical term used for kidney disease is Nephrosis and it is seldom also known as the nephritic syndrome. There are a lot of likely causes for this condition and it is detected by carrying out urine test. The treatment for Nephrosis is a long term treatment and done mainly to prevent kidney failure. The kidney disease is very painful and occurs in people of all age groups. It is very important for people who are new to kidney disease that they know about the nine things they should do to stay strong.
Important information on kidney disease:
- The feeling of helplessness on occurrence of kidney disease can be overcome by educating yourself. Individuals should learn everything about kidney disease and can gain vital information even from the Internet.
- It is very obligatory that the advice of the doctor be followed by an individual suffering from Kidney disease. It is not indispensable that the kidney disease always leads to failure of kidney and to keep your kidney healthy and stay away from any damage, it is necessary to comply with the orders of the Doctor.
- It is very important that you stick to a diet, which would keep you healthy and protect your kidneys from any further damage. You should be mindful on everything you eat and you can gain assistance on your diet from a renal dietitian.
- When you suffer from chronic kidney disease, the blood values become very important to gauge the condition of your disease and whether it is getting worse or stable. From time to time, the healthcare provider would check your urine and blood regularly and he would also monitor your blood pressure and blood sugar.
- You can ask help from the support group and accept their assistance. Your family is your best support system in times of need and so involving them is very important.
- You must make sure that you are getting the proper care you need and you need to educate yourself by communicating as well as asking questions.
- You can feel much better by being active, so do things that make you happy. You can exercise regularly, but after taking advice from your doctor. Your main focus must be to keep your heart healthy.
- A positive attitude is anytime helpful in healing a disease. You can listen to music that entertains your mind and helps you stay positive.
- It is not difficult to stay healthy even with kidney disease, as a positive feeling would eventually help face the kidney disease. You must plan ahead and be ready for kidney transplant without getting worried.
Most importantly, spread awareness and help people tackle the situation without any difficulty.
I'm 28 years old I have stone problem in my both kidney I have gone through operation also again this problem arises what to do.
Sir. My wife had three miscarriages. Doctor told me my wife and I both had rubella igG. Positive. But it's not at all a problem. Recently I found prostate infection and I am taking treatment. My doubt is can this type of prostate or uti infection antibody may. Wrongly shown as rubella igG antibodies.
Sir, my wife of 40 years old having pus cells in urine 5-6 and epithelial cells 14-15, kindly advice with remedy for the said problem.
Sir. I have seen a person with same problem. He underwent for surgery but the same condition of anal fissure prevailed after 1 year of surgery. So a is surgery a permanent solution to this problem.
30th September I first noticed blood (very less one drop in morning first blood )in my urine. I have consulted with two doctors in bangalore .done 4 tests. 1.RFT 2.Urine cultural 3.USG kub 4.contrast CT scan of Abdomen and pelvis. All the report is clear. But blood came in a odd day wise. I went to Kolkata on 11th Oct. From 11th october to 16th october urine is normal. But on 17th october again blood came. I have consulted with another doctor (Senior Urologist) over there. Done 4 another test. 1.Urine cultural 2.Blood Test 3.USG KUB 4.KUB with transrectal USG Of Prostate. Again all report is clear. Doctor gave me Potrate MB medicine (POTASSIUM CITRATE MAGNESIUM CITRATE AND Vitamin B6 Oral solution )on 17th october. From 17th october to 10th november again urine is clear but today morning again blood came. One thing I noticed - if I am doing night shift blood came frequently but if I am not doing it is not coming From day before yesterday I have started night shift and today blod cme.
What you should know about Urinary Incontinence.
Urinary incontinence is the inability to hold urine in the bladder because of loss of control of the bladder. The severity may range from temporary to chronic, depending on the cause of this disease. Urinary incontinence is more common in women than men and can be categorized into three types.
Types and symptoms of urinary incontinence
Stress incontinence: This incontinence may occur while participating in any physical activity such as a sudden cough, laugh, sneezing or exercising. The stress here refers to the sudden physical pressure that a person experiences, leading him/her to urinate involuntarily.
Urge incontinence: A sudden, involuntary contraction of the muscular wall of the bladder causes an urgency to urinate. This urgency can be formed by a sudden change in position or sex.
Overflow incontinence: This is more common in men with prostate gland problems, damaged bladder or blocked urethra. The person has an urge to urinate frequently but in small amounts.
Causes of urinary incontinence
There are a number of causes of urinary incontinence ranging from aging to cancer and physical damage to the neurological disorder.
1. Aging: With age, the bladder muscle weakens and the chances of incontinence increases.
Damage: Since the pelvic muscles support the bladder any damage to it (surgery or any procedure to remove the uterus) can lead to urinary incontinence.
2. Enlarged prostate: Enlargement of the prostate gland in older men may give rise to this condition.
3. Cancer: Urinary incontinence may be associated with untreated prostate cancer, which is a side effect of treatments for it.
4. Menopause: Estrogen is a hormone that keeps the lining of bladder and urethra healthy. After menopause the production of estrogen is decreased, increasing the chances of urinary incontinence.
Prevention: Urinary incontinence is not preventable but some steps can be taken to reduce the risk of it. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle, avoiding smoking, practicing pelvic floor exercises, avoiding caffeine and acidic foods and eating more fiber to prevent constipation can help decreasing the risk of it.